Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5 Guys Burgers.

Banned Read only
    I'm glad you are OK. I'm sure that was terrifying. It is a good cautionary tale, though.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    More aggravating than terrifying really I hate to deal with stupid people.
    The Marine and his wife were awesome to do what they did.Apparently she called his cell when he was in the bathroom and told him what was going on.
    I'm sure glad she did.
    When you get in a knock down drag out fight no matter who started it all parties end up in jail until they sort it all out and I sure didn't want that.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Tracii, I am so glad you are safe and got through this. Kudos to the staff. I wonder what they might have done if the Marines had not landed when they did? You never know who will step up when needed.

The admonishment to stay alert and aware of surroundings is so sound, and also so hard to do at times. Thanks for sharing.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Hi Tracii,I had a close call years ago real late at night at a "parking lot" suburban cinema in a little town in southern Illinois about 5 miles from where I lived at the time. Southern Illinois ain't in the south but it's got a lot of Kentucky farmers and German farmers. My brother had taken me to the movies and I did my hair into a "Gloria Steinem" and I wore these incredible satiny tops. Under balloons and ice cream circumstances such as a 1958 shopping center this would've been acceptable. We stayed at the cinema real late watching a couple of repeats of whatever it was showing that night. This was in about 1975 or 1976. When the last movie showing ended long after midnight,people were moving slow out of their seats partly because the people who ran the cinema were dimming the lights way down and about to turn them off.

A couple of times during the shows I noticed about 5 guys near the front row and they seemed to be doing a lot of glancing,smiling and laughing at me. A couple of them pointed at me and one of them said "look at that asshole". They seemed like checkered shirt and cowboy hat types and I think they were probably drunk,but not heavily. Probably Pabst or Bud. They didn't look that intimidating but they were a little bit bigger than I was. So they were dimming the lights and my brother and I headed for the lobby exit and they seemed to be quickly following us. I know my brother would've pitched in on kicking their asses with me but we would've been totally outnumbered. Things were getting scary when we had nearly made our way to my brother's car the theatre was saving money on their electric bill and they turned off the parking lot lights. Those guys were about 60-70 feet away from us but they couldn't see us in the dark! So we were at the car anyway and got in and headed back home. There were a couple of other times when I've been hassled by rednecks,Tracii.

Gold Member
    I would have been more fearful for the safety of the hillbillies than for Tracii. After she quickly took down the first one, the other three would have hurt themselves running away Tracii somehow strikes me as someone who doesn't take much crap and can take care of herself. I mean i wouldn't piss her off. I bet she could f*** someone up in quick order.

Folks - the fact is, bigots are shrinking in numbers and are being pushed into the same closet that they once kept everyone else in.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Aspiring Member
    I think it's just so nice that two strangers didn't give a damn what you were wearing and didn't like seeing someone hassled for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    Well, that's one reason why I don't go everywhere dressed as a woman, I only do this when shopping for women's clothes that I have to try on. If I did go out dressed often I'd make sure I'm very passable.
    Kate, I think you miss the point. It isn't where you shop or go. It isn't how "Passable" you think you are. It is that there are always morons out there who can and will try and assert their dominance on you. Tracii "passes" if you look at her photos. These guys were looking for trouble. The almost got it. There is no reason that anywhere we go people like that should become belligerent or violent.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Kate, I think you miss the point. It isn't where you shop or go. It isn't how "Passable" you think you are. It is that there are always morons out there who can and will try and assert their dominance on you. Tracii "passes" if you look at her photos. These guys were looking for trouble. The almost got it. There is no reason that anywhere we go people like that should become belligerent or violent.
    So true. This can happen anywhere, and to anybody, but girls like us are easy targets.

I have a non-CD story about something like this, but I don't think I can tell it without breaking multiple forum rules. Sorry. But suffice it to say - it can happen to anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbimo View Post
    So, Here is my dilemma.
    Your all enfemme, trying to be the girl and the situation presents itself where your male kick a** mode comes out.
    How do you deal with it?
    Well it looks like someone is just gonna have to see me with the hands then! (sorry for my urban slang, I get a lot of that from the area I work in. I felt it fit the situation lolol)

Banned Spammer
    I have studied martial arts most of my life and still study a weapons form of Tia Chi known as Yang as well as I Chi Ching.
    Funny story I had a seizure a little over a year ago and the DR told me I had two ER orderlies try to hold me down but I fought off the gurney and slammed one in the chest and knocked him across the room the other was 6'2" and I rolled him over my back and slammed him on the ground and went after him.
    The nurse said she had never seen such a short guy manhandle two big guys that quick.
    I apologized to the DR and I'm really sorry.LOL.
    I did meet the 6'2" orderly a few weeks later and apologized to him as well. He laughed and said Bro' you are a bad bad man.you sure laid it on me.
    We shook hands and he said show me how you did that. I said I don't know I wasn't aware when I did it.LOL

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I have studied martial arts most of my life and still study a weapons form of Tia Chi known as Yang as well as I Chi Ching.
    Might've' been worth defending yourself
    Last edited by Lorileah; 03-08-2013 at 05:43 PM. Reason: removed reference to violence

Banned Spammer
    That would have been more embarrassing I'm sure.

Banned Read only
    That would have been more embarrassing I'm sure.
    I know, horrible idea - I am full of horrible ideas. I feel quite certain that the county lockup is not where you'd want to end up while dressed...

Banned Spammer
    No doubt Paula LOL.
    Not a good place at all anytime.

Tracii, I was always the smallest one growing up, and add in the fact that I was always a bit more feminine than the other boys, I was always the target. I too ended up studying martial arts. One of my best friends father was the cheif of police on the nearby AFB and he got us trained by a little man who taught the AP's. I have rarely used it, but what he taught me that is the most useful is how to avoid a confrontation to begin with. I have the confidence to get out of a situation if needed but it is always better if I can just not be in one.

I am always worried that this kind of thing will happen one day. Some in this world just think it makes them look better if they belittle others. It is a shame.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Tracy glad everything worked out. It's sad the way some people (morons) have to act. It's like they are trained to joke and be ridiculous when in fact they are being just plain rude. Especially if it is something that they feel doesn't fit in their so called perfect world.
    Ever noticed that there always in a group. Even though you know how to fight the odds will always be against you. Sounded like it was 4 against one until the marine stepped in. Bullies don't like it when the odds start to even up.
    Last edited by Stevie; 03-08-2013 at 05:10 AM.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Tracii that is a sad story. But the bright side is that there many people who accept you and even that they dont know you personally are proud enough to watch your back. There are alot of good people in this world. Be strong and hope this kind of thing doesnt happen again.
    Erica

Banned Read only
    Exactly.Some people are beyond hope.
    What they don't understand they fear and feel the need to ridicule.

LOL I was at a club years ago with a GG friend of mine and one country cowboy type said I don't like Fag&%ts so don't hit on me.
    My GG friend said why would she? I wouldn't either, now go get on your pony and ride off.
    And they all seem to need to share their opinions with us. Like it's something REALLY significant...

Tracii, I'm glad you came out of that alright. Your story is a good tale of caution and also one of hope. The hope it gives is that there are others out there that can and will do the right thing. As a Navy vet myself, that Marine made me proud to have served my country.

Something I would like to say though.

I have always kept an eye out on my surroundings. It's something that is instinctive for me ever since I was about 9 or 10 years old. The reason is bullies on the school bus and in the community.

Being aware of ones surroundings is something everyone should do all the time when they go out, especially in today's world.

This skill has served me very well. While I was in the Navy stationed in Long Beach, California.

It allowed me to go visit a good friend frequently. My friend lived in Compton. I'm a confident caucasion man walking down the streets of one of the most dangerous areas of LA. Of course, I think I may have been left alone because the residents either thought I was one bad dude, or the craziest person in the world. In either case they didn't want to take any chances with me.
    My point is that I stayed aware of my surroundings and avoided any potential trouble.

As a side note, my SO and I are looking into taking Haidong Gumdo together. We can hardly wait.

By the way I read something on Facebook that a friend posted that rings so true.
    "Even duct tape can't fix stupid."

Jamie
    Last edited by Emma Beth; 03-08-2013 at 08:30 AM.

Dammit girl ,,, I just read your post ,,LOL,,, Hell those little red neck boyz don't know how close they came from getting there little ass handed to them by what they hate the most ! I never worry about you Shorty T ,, That ol Burger joint aint nuttin like one of those mean ol truck stops ,, lol,, An ya say jr still had his high school jacket on ? Yak,,,Yak,,,Yak,,,, If you would have got up an kicked those pretty little heels off bubba an the 3 Jr's would had to go home an let Mamma change there Huggie's ,,Cuz fo sho they would have messed there selves . I know you would have Slapped knots on there heads faster than they could rub them !!!!

Cause She's a LADY !!!!!!!!!

Platinum Member
    Hi Tracii, You just can't fix stupid.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Tracii, I am a bit surprised that happened her in the city where we live, of course I know it can happen anywhere. But glad it turned out ok. Huggzz

You're definitely an inspiration. People like yourself that brave the waters each day are making headway for the rest of us. Glad nothing crazy happened though.

Quote Originally Posted by lingerieLiz View Post
    Why do bubas think that guys dressed as girls can't fight. Neither can most other people in the world. I've had the pleasure of introducing several bubas to an embarasing loss.
    Have you ever noticed that in some CD or TS shows or movies when fighting is involved the CDer is always the most 'macho'? Shes got the most wicked left hook or punching style.

I had never been in a 5 Guys until last week. There is one in our town next to a favorite thrift store. It is in a strip mall next to a supercenter.

I've been watching calories but I knew I needed something to eat so I went into the restaurant and ordered a small fries. It took a long time to get it so I passed the time eating some salted in the shell peanuts but I didn't know what to do with the shells.

Some young men came in -- based on your description of your experience and description these were those guys' brothers.

Finally my fry order was ready--- the fry guy told me "I really loaded you up on fries!" Yes, the small cup was full of fries and after he put the cup of fries in the paper sack he filled the sack up with fries too.

My upbringing-- clean your plate, eat all your food, think of the poor starving kids in China--- fought a battle with my will power. My will power won, I didn't eat all the fries. Almost all of them I ate but not all of them. Oh well, I walked an extra mile that night. The fries were 'home-style' -- good but not great.

My clothes smelled like the restaurant after I left. I had to wash them when I got home they stunk so bad with the smell of fried food..... Now I know what the smell is in the thrift store--- the smell of frying permeates the thrift store.
    Last edited by Ozark; 03-08-2013 at 11:29 AM. Reason: grammar police