Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Passing off womens shoes in guy mode?

Passing off womens shoes in guy mode?

So the first thing that got me into CD is the shoes.
    walking around in femme shoes is my favorite part overall, but how well can you pull off making it look natural if you were to go out wearing a pair of ballet flats without dressing up all the way?
    would it make it seem different to go around with tight pants with it? or would you think i would have to dress all the way up to justify it?

Banned Read only
    not sure for me as I only wear heels that are 4-5". Not sure I could pull that off in guy mode

In most situations you will look pretty strange wearing a pair of ballet flats while dressed otherwise as a male. It's not something I would do.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

It is up to you, don't let anyone Else tell you what feels ok to you. my suggestion would do a test run wearing whatever shoes you want and go to a store that you can see what the public response is. You maybe surprised that not many notice or they just do not care.
    I've come to the conclusion that it's none of my business what other people's opinion of me is.

I'd suggest just giving it a shot! Sounds like fun. If you're wearing long trousers, they will tend to cover the shoes mostly anyway. Moreover, if you had black socks with black shoes it'd be very hard to tell anyway, I think. (If you have bright pink shoes, or black shoes with white socks, on the other hand, it might be much easier.)

"I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a man's shoes?" -- Shawshank Redemption
    I once wore high heeled boots out in public in the city centre, otherwise dressed as a guy (I even had a fair amount of stubble). People everywhere, but nobody batted an eyelid. I was astonished how there was no reaction. They even made a rather loud sound on the footpath as I walked, but still, no reaction. I suspect people simply have more important things to do with their lives than to worry about what other people are wearing.

Alternatively, you could do like I do, and wear flat-heeled boots (mine have gone unnoticed [or, at least, unmentioned] for over a month).

- Becky

Banned Read only
    Contrary to a common Forum MYTH...

There is no RIGHT or WRONG way to CD. Just wear what you want and treat people you come into contact with, with Courtesy and Respect. I'LL bet 99% won't care what you are wearing. Why should they?

I wear my keds quite often and they pass...also the Nikes I have now do a great job of passing...but then again, I'm a nike, vans and keds girl so heels are out of it for me

There is no reason that you can't pull it off. Women wear men's shoes all of the time, so why can't you wear women's shoes as a man? I do it all of the time with women's sandals and bright red toenails. I recommend the following website.

http://www.hhplace.org

Please example this website and you will see that men from all walks of life wear high heels, flats, and other women's shoes as a man. You will also learn that 90 percent of the fear is just in your own mind.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Daily, I wear women's shoes that are sort-of male, but with 1.75 inch heels. I'm sure people notice, but no one has said anything.

I too have worn womens shoes while in male mode. Usually I am wearing long pants that cover them up and they look somewhat like cowboy boots. Not one person has noticed. As a added bonus some heels that I wear actually help my feet feel awsome (I have flat feet and heels are just like my inserts but more gentle on my arch).

Quote Originally Posted by Stevann View Post
    Daily, I wear women's shoes that are sort-of male, but with 1.75 inch heels. I'm sure people notice, but no one has said anything.
    People know that you are wearing women's shoes but no one cares; it is really none of their business. You are not violating any laws.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

A bunch of my work shoes are womens, sneakers, boots , clogs and shoes. Noone has said anything

My boots and sneakers I wear everyday in public. Also when the weather gets better I'll wear mt flats.

One day I was leaving the house in drab. I noticed my new jeans were too long, so I slipped on a pair of pumps. In a store a SA said, really loud and enthusiastically 'OMG, are you wearing stillettos?'. I pulled up one pantleg and turned a bit. 'That is so awesome, more guys should wear sexy shoes, did you ever see Prince?'. I'm glad a few people can see beauty in unexpected places.
    Wear whatever you're comfortable in. Sketchers sneakers, in pink, lavender, and orange, look great with jeans or capris.-Celeste

Penny lovers can be worn by men or women. Not a bad compromise if you wear trouser socks with them!

I have some runners with pink flashes on the side.
    They are Nike.
    I have a couple of pairs of slip on flats and the heels click on the pavement.
    The worst offenders are actually mens shoes and I get looked at all the time wearing them.

Who is the woman coming up behind me?
    Just some dude in noisy shoes.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by FelicityMay View Post
    So the first thing that got me into CD is the shoes.
    walking around in femme shoes is my favorite part overall, but how well can you pull off making it look natural if you were to go out wearing a pair of ballet flats without dressing up all the way?
    would it make it seem different to go around with tight pants with it? or would you think i would have to dress all the way up to justify it?
    One important aspect of fashion has to do with scale. In other words, little tiny women should go around with 20 gallon totes for purses. It just looks "off". In the same vein, I would wonder how closely fitting shoes with very thin soles would work compared with male clothes. Seems to me that the proportions might be off.

Almost all of the shoes I wear to work are women's, but they are athletic shoes. I just like wearing a little pink and I can get away with it on those shoes.

I couldn't get away with ballet flats, though! If that's what floats your boat, have fun!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

i don't know about ballet flats... but vans and converse are pretty universal as far as gender goes. i wear them in both drag and drab. the colors and patterns are male or female oriented, but i wear both.

there are also some dress oxfords/mules that might be pulled off without too much fanfare in drab....
    Last edited by brandi.tgurl; 03-12-2013 at 01:51 AM.
    when in doubt, smile

I no longer own a single pair of men's shoes, although to come totally clean, the black sneakers I wear to work most of the time are essentially unisex even though they came from "her" side of the aisle.

In addition to those, I've worn everything from ballet flats to 5" stilettos as my daily footwear for 15 years or so now.

I can count on one hand the number of times anyone has commented or even acted like they noticed my unusual shoes. Most people don't look, most who look don't quite see, most who see don't care, and most who care are at most just curious, or even mildly positive about it. When I do get comments, it's usually in safe places -- in stores when I'm shopping for other shoes, at the salon, in a doctor's office, or as a compliment when standing in line at the MAC makeup counter.

Long pants help. I usually wear them long enough to cover all but an inch or so of my heels. I have a few "stealthy" heels with wedges or relatively thick heels that don't scream "femme" quite as loud as my favored spikes, but most of the time, I don't go out of my way to wear unobtrusive shoes. As something of a lark, I just did order these from Nine West and am waiting for them to arrive:

http://www.ninewest.com/Evlo/0337844...efault,pd.html

I bet I can wear those almost anywhere and nobody will notice a thing.

At least around here, I can speak from experience that ballet flats would almost never get you any special attention.

- Diane
    Last edited by Diane Smith; 03-12-2013 at 02:06 AM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I wear these jeans and boots in guy mode all the time and I have have had a few GG's compliment me.
    Guys have not said anything.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tracii ... You look magnificent!

Ahh the shoes... My first crossdressing love... I can remember wearing my mom's shoes at a very young age trying to emulate her...

In the present day, i still have the love of heels, sandals, loafers, boots..... Then came the issue of wearing them on a daily basis... I basically started buying and wearing women's shoes that are hardly noticed... Flip flops, tennies, sandals with a low heeled wedge... I also love to wear my stilettos and heeled boots ( underneath my girl jeans).. people hardly notice and when they do, they rarely say anything.
    --winny

wow it looks like we have a very wide variety of how open people are here! haha...
    yea im a big fan of flats, and i just got some last night, wandered around the park in the dark with them, didnt feel weird at all.
    right now im up after having stayed up all night, so my brain is pretty much mush. i kinda wish i always felt like this though, because nothing seems weird to me right now. i dont think i would even notice if i just dressed up and went to work like that haha...
    so i guess that seeing something weird after a while becomes normal to you, but it still may seem weird to someone else...

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    In most situations you will look pretty strange wearing a pair of ballet flats while dressed otherwise as a male. It's not something I would do.
    totally agree with Linda. Everyone would certainly notice and if you don't care its fine, but don't delude yourself that no one will notice or care.