Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Passing off womens shoes in guy mode?

I don't think it registers with most people. I have a very narrow foot and typical men's sizes do not fit at all. So for over 20 yrs I have only had shoes in women's sizes. I do mostly wear oxford styles in dark colors, but also Keds and sandals. Also winter boots with 1" or under heels. I can't remember ever getting a comment, maybe a quick glance but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    In most situations you will look pretty strange wearing a pair of ballet flats while dressed otherwise as a male. It's not something I would do.
    Women wear masculine shoes all of the time. I don't see the problem.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have these on today in 50/50 mode and not any OMG that sort of a guy is wearing womens boots !!
    Attached Images Attached Images

yea, so i suppose the real question is "how much do you have to wear to make the shoes blend?"
    if you went all out, the shoes would look normal, but half and half i guess you would just have to decide for yourself!

I wear these occasionally in guy mode. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002FB5TPS/...60_cs_sce_dp_1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AlanaG; 03-12-2013 at 10:02 PM.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I wear navy blue Keds or Saltwater Sandals with skinny fit girls jeans in boy mode and no one has ever said a thing to me. I've have one guy look at my Keds once. What I would like to be able to do is wear wear black ballet flats, but I just can't seem to bring myself to do it. I'm too chicken!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    I wear navy blue Keds or Saltwater Sandals with skinny fit girls jeans in boy mode and no one has ever said a thing to me. I've have one guy look at my Keds once. What I would like to be able to do is wear wear black ballet flats, but I just can't seem to bring myself to do it. I'm too chicken!
    It seems like all of the skater kids are wearing those bright pink Keds. Maybe they are making them for guys now.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Banned Read only
    100% of the human population will notice. It's unlikely anyone would say anything, people just don't care. But it you want to to go unnoticed, forget it.

I go out wearing a skirt and women's shoes with my male upper half. People almost always notice. They normally hide their reaction. Occasionally, people will try to find their phone to take a picture. So, that is your control group. That's what people do when they definitely notice. If you go out in feminine shoes, the people who notice will be fewer, but they aren't going to make a show of things. (I should clarify that I do not dress like this around people who know me.) I have worn Keds with my jeans in public and I have noticed only a small few of women glance down at my feet. Ballet flats would be more noticeable. I personally would seek out shoes that are not dainty or feminine so that it matches stylistically with my masculine outfit. I predict that no matter what you wear, people will not react if they notice (assuming that you go to places where decent people are found).

Ok, I wear "women's" shoes 24/7 in drab. Guess what? It's no big deal. A few people look, but that's all. It's all we carry ourselves. My shoes are my shoes. We tend to overthink these things. Just wear what you like. Stop being so terrorized. Oh, and your boots are excellent, Tracii!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    Women wear masculine shoes all of the time. I don't see the problem.
    It's not the same. Women wear pants and it's accepted. Men wear skirts and it's not.

I'm trying to give a person some real world advice, not trying to advance the cause of crossdressers.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Geneva Lake View Post
    Ok, I wear "women's" shoes 24/7 in drab. Guess what? It's no big deal. A few people look, but that's all. It's all we carry ourselves. My shoes are my shoes. We tend to overthink these things. Just wear what you like. Stop being so terrorized. Oh, and your boots are excellent, Tracii!
    I 100 percent agree and always wear feminine women's sandals with red toenails in my femme male mode. I am not trying to pass as a woman. Most of the crossdressers on this site tend to create very large demons in their own mind that really don't exist especially when it comes to wearing any feminine item in male mode. The reason is that most of these crossdressers are extremely closeted when in male mode and are afraid that they will give little tell-tale signs that they crossdress. If you want to wear feminine shoes in male mode just do it. The Earth will not stop rotating on its axis. People just don't care. They are too busy going about their own lives to care about your shoes. The world does not revolve around you.
    See http://www.hhplace.org/ to learn about men wearing women's shoes as men.

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    It's not the same. Women wear pants and it's accepted. Men wear skirts and it's not.

I'm trying to give a person some real world advice, not trying to advance the cause of crossdressers.
    It is real world advice. I wear feminine women's shoes almost everyday in male mode and people don't care. We create too many demons in our own mind. Check out http://www.hhplace.org/ to learn about men wearing women's shoes as men. The Earth does not stop rotating on its axis. People just don't care about your shoes and it is none of their business. If they ask about your shoes, just tell them that you like the style. It is really that simple. Also more importantly, "own" what you are wearing and be proud. If you act like a scared rabbit people will know that something is up and you will get treated accordingly.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    100% of the human population will notice. It's unlikely anyone would say anything, people just don't care. But it you want to to go unnoticed, forget it.
    I agree. I personally don't see why anyone would want to wear female shoes in male mode. But hey, whatever floats your boat. I think it mostly depends on where you do this. I would advise against doing it in any redneck areas unless you're just looking for a fight. It might look completely normal in California...in Arkansas and Mississippi aka "the south"...not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanaG View Post
    I wear these occasionally in guy mode. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002FB5TPS/...60_cs_sce_dp_1
    Love these and Zappo's have them on-sale!

Quote Originally Posted by famousunknown View Post
    I agree. I personally don't see why anyone would want to wear female shoes in male mode. But hey, whatever floats your boat. I think it mostly depends on where you do this. I would advise against doing it in any redneck areas unless you're just looking for a fight. It might look completely normal in California...in Arkansas and Mississippi aka "the south"...not so much.
    The reason to wear female shoes in male mode is to obtain a more feminine look while still presenting as a male. Quite often women attempt to masculinize their look my wearing one or two men's fashion items while otherwise presenting as a woman. There are many articles on the internet and in women's fashion magazines that describe to add men's items to their wardrobe whether it is shoes, a man's watch, necktie, or other items. It is a free country and you can wear women's shoes anywhere that you like.

Most of the crossdressers here on crossdressers.com operate like a switch that has only two positions : 1. full male mode, or 2. full femme mode. They do not understand the concept of a feminine male that is content presenting as a male with feminine characteristics. Examples are myself, Sissy Stephanie, Butterfly Bill and maybe a dozen others. We are the opposite of a Tomboy and just like to express the feminine in our look but we are not trying to deceive folks into believing that we are women.

jamie..add one more...i like to go that route also. why is it always overthought out when it comes to this type of subject. wear the shoes, stand up and go. others don't care. i have and do, and of course take my surrandings in mind as i would with anything...my goddess ...and traci....love the boots, have some just like that and wear them in guy mode...never a comment except from a lady who gave me a nice comment....be you!!!!

i think it does have a little bit to do with the area you live in.
    some places think so harshly when they see someone who stands out.
    i personally dont dress up in places i might be recognized, or thought of as a creep.
    so im a little shameful in public, but i will make it there some day

I personally think society is becoming more and more accepting of trends that go against the old norm -- "hipsterism" as a few would call it. I guess it depends where you live, how socially liberal it is.

womens shoes

i wear womans boots and i drive truck and am in 10 states a week.I hardly ever have anyone even say anything ,i like them cus they are light and they are soft,they do not last long so i get new ones every few months

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Tracii's done it right if you want to attempt this, as for heel's your gonna need some long jeans if you plan on covering them up.

These jeans don't have a huge inseam but when I'm bare foot they touch the ground. So if your wanting to cover them up make sure to have a pair of jeans with atleast a three inch longer inseam then you regularly wear. And then there's the distinct heel sound, I had a pair out loud dress shoes in the past, but the sound is definitely different then heels.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbie c View Post
    jamie..add one more...i like to go that route also. why is it always overthought out when it comes to this type of subject. wear the shoes, stand up and go. others don't care. i have and do, and of course take my surrandings in mind as i would with anything...my goddess ...and traci....love the boots, have some just like that and wear them in guy mode...never a comment except from a lady who gave me a nice comment....be you!!!!
    Bobbie,

You are correct, "others don't care". Why would they care about something as insignificant, inconsequential, and trivial as the shoes that you are wearing? Unfortunately it is very difficult to convince some of the folks here because they have created a very large demon in their own mind.

I have a pair of brown flat heeled boots that I wear under pant legs. I know, it's not that daring, but I love knowing that I'm wearing women's boots.

kind of the same theme everyone else has shared - I don't own any "male" shoes. My daily wear are a pair of Payless "Believe" loafers:

http://www.payless.com/store/product...ayName=Womens#

very comfortable and never a comment

Sandals, boots, loafers and sneakers on regular basis.....