Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Passing off womens shoes in guy mode?

Oh, Candice ...gorgeous shoes on gorgeous feet. A perfect combination.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer in CO View Post
    kind of the same theme everyone else has shared - I don't own any "male" shoes. My daily wear are a pair of Payless "Believe" loafers:

http://www.payless.com/store/product...ayName=Womens#

very comfortable and never a comment
    Thanks for the tip, Jennifer! They do look comfy.....

I use to go out all the time in my flats when I was living in my own place for a couple of years. All the time to movies and groceries, and once to the mall cause I hadn't planned on going and the only person to say anything was a little kid that was like 3-4 ft tall, just a wee boy but old enough to just blatenly blurt out, "hey, aren't those girls shoes(while looking at me) and then he runs back to dad and asks why is that guy wearing girls shoes.
    PS, they were only ever black flats with a slight wrap at the toe or a small black bow that wasn't really noticeable with my boot cut jeans so the top of my foot didn't show like it would wearing like slim cut or skinny's
    Last edited by crazybiker; 03-15-2013 at 02:17 AM. Reason: More info.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Long jeans are the only way to wear heels in guy mode.
    Went to P.F Chang's for dinner and had the same boots on with longer jeans than in that pic I posted.
    Femme guy mode would be the way I presented.Hoop earrings,light mascara, deep red nail color and a few rings/bracelets.
    Got seated next to a group of older couples on one side and two young girls on the other.
    The younger ladies just looked and smiled I didn't seem to bother them how I was dressed.I did hear one say in a lowered voice I like his boots they are really cute the other said yeah they are cute.That was it no big fanfare.
    The older couples never batted an eye and went on about their dinner.

wow... you girls have inspired me! i am feeling more and more comfortable wearing womens clothing in guy clothes every day now! (not that ive done it yet, but getting close to doing so)

Quote Originally Posted by famousunknown View Post
    I agree. I personally don't see why anyone would want to wear female shoes in male mode. But hey, whatever floats your boat. I think it mostly depends on where you do this. I would advise against doing it in any redneck areas unless you're just looking for a fight. It might look completely normal in California...in Arkansas and Mississippi aka "the south"...not so much.

UR AZZ !! I do it all the time ,,, Don't be Scared ,, lol,,, Just do it ,,, Go Big or Go Home !!

Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    UR AZZ !! I do it all the time ,,, Don't be Scared ,, lol,,, Just do it ,,, Go Big or Go Home !!
    Amen! Go big or go home! You can wear any shoe that you want to wear in male mode. After all, women wear masculine style shoes all of the time. It is only a big deal in your own mind.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    ...feminine male that is content presenting as a male with feminine characteristics. Examples are myself, Sissy Stephanie, Butterfly Bill and maybe a dozen others. We are the opposite of a Tomboy and just like to express the feminine in our look but we are not trying to deceive folks into believing that we are women.
    Agree completely- my dressing is to express myself as a feminine male, not female. You can add another name to that list now.

Geneva Lake, I love the shoes in your picture... certainly something to aspire to. I'll be shopping for a pair of flats this weekend. If the shoe gods are smiling upon me, I'll be sure to post the results. For the past few years, my daily shoes are Puma Speedcat, which is a unisex style.

I wear women's shoes in guy mode all the time-I'd probably count myself in the "feminine male" category. I have women's penny loafers that I wear with my suit and I wear ballet flats and mary-janes with my jeans and shorts all the time. I agree that people will and do notice, but other than an occasional strange look I have not had any issues.

Some of my shoes are:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/47135785@N04/8210404425/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/47135785@N04/8131776828/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/47135785@N04/4983908530/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/47135785@N04/4696818574/

I would love to see ballet flats become a mainstream fashion item for men. I don't expect that in my lifetime, it could become more acceptable. Things from the women's aisle I have seen become fashionable (or at least wearable) by men are: athletic tights, low-cut socks, earrings, cropped pants (capris); even pantyhose has a more prominent, but not quite accepted yet status.

I wear flat women's leather boots as a guy pretty regularly in the winter, and I have a pair of Uggs that I always wear when dog walking. My casual shoes are usually Chuck Taylors, which are pretty much unisex. No one ever even raises an eyebrow.

I think that ballet flats or heels would definitely get attention, if that's what you want then awesome, but if you're looking to completely blend then it's not going to happen.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

Banned Read only
    uh huh...rightttttttttttt...

Quote Originally Posted by LisaK View Post
    I think that ballet flats or heels would definitely get attention, if that's what you want then awesome, but if you're looking to completely blend then it's not going to happen.
    There is no fun in blending. It is simply being part of the herd; the normal severely limited male mindset.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Under the category "forced to wear girls shoes", about 3 weeks ago I was rushing around the house trying to get out the door late for an appointment across town. As I'm walking out the door my wife asks me to run down to the barn and let the horses out. Got to the appointment then realized I was still wearing my barn shoes...I forgot to change them! Nice black slacks and top, and dirty ol barn shoes. Well, I had a black pair of Mary Jane's (Cross Trekkers Sport) in the trunk I hadn't taken out yet so i wore those all day. From what I could tell (and believe me I watched) not a sole paid attention to my shoes. It was fun, exhilarating and educational. Haven't worn them out since but I don't think I'll be worrisome if I have to (or want to) again.

Jenn

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer in CO View Post
    Under the category "forced to wear girls shoes", about 3 weeks ago I was rushing around the house trying to get out the door late for an appointment across town. As I'm walking out the door my wife asks me to run down to the barn and let the horses out. Got to the appointment then realized I was still wearing my barn shoes...I forgot to change them! Nice black slacks and top, and dirty ol barn shoes. Well, I had a black pair of Mary Jane's (Cross Trekkers Sport) in the trunk I hadn't taken out yet so i wore those all day. From what I could tell (and believe me I watched) not a sole paid attention to my shoes. It was fun, exhilarating and educational. Haven't worn them out since but I don't think I'll be worrisome if I have to (or want to) again.

Jenn
    I think mary-janes or flats that are "sporty" might be accepted as unisex before more feminine styles. The first pair I wore out were Skechers Bikers Sightsee mary-janes, similar to Cross Trekkers Sport that Jenn wore. I picked this shoe specifically because Skechers advertised them as "tomboy mary-janes."

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenn View Post
    I think mary-janes or flats that are "sporty" might be accepted as unisex before more feminine styles.
    mary janes ? unisex ? you're kidding, right?

No, in fact Mary Janes were also worn by boys in the 1940's. If you do some research you will find this fact. We need to stop worrying about the gender of shoes and just wear what we like. Women have been doing this for years.

You Worry to Much what people think an say ! You live close to me ,,Follow me around sometime ,,You will see how the Big Girls Roll ,,, Get you Some !!!

uh huh...rightttttttttttt...
    What does that mean?? Seriously, are you just trolling this site?

Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    To answer your question, it depends on what you are trying to achieve. If you want to go unoticed, then no. If you wear obviously female shoes, or any other clothing, it will be noticed and thought of as a man wearing female attire. If you do not care what others think then you do not need to justify it. Wear what you like. There is no law forbidding it. No one will give you any problems wearing them, and many will not even look.
    It is not a big deal. Women wear men's shoes all of the time and no one cares. Just wear whatever shoes that you like, but if you wear open toe sandals, be sure that have a good pedicure with colored nail polish on your toes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    No, in fact Mary Janes were also worn by boys in the 1940's. If you do some research you will find this fact. We need to stop worrying about the gender of shoes and just wear what we like. Women have been doing this for years.
    Not only is Jamie correct, but even today the Scottish wear what is called a "buckle brogue" with their kilts that is essentially a "mary-jane." Additionally, what we call ballet flats today were one male-only footwear in the middle ages. The Koreans also have shoes worn today with their traditional dress that is not too dissimilar to ballet flats, worn by both men and women. I have seen men in China wearing the "kung-fu mary-janes" on occasion. If you look around, it is only here in uptight-America that there is so much fashion prejudice.
    Last edited by Brenn; 03-17-2013 at 12:33 PM.

Banned Read only
    You Worry to Much what people think an say ! You live close to me ,,Follow me around sometime ,,You will see how the Big Girls Roll ,,, Get you Some !!!

How am I gonna follow you around ? are you out on parole?
    Get some ? ummm, no thanks, don't need or want any....

seriously though...if that's your thing, go for it. I just can't jump on the bandwagon for female shoes in male mode.
    Last edited by famousunknown; 03-17-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    To answer your question, it depends on what you are trying to achieve. If you want to go unoticed, then no. If you wear obviously female shoes, or any other clothing, it will be noticed and thought of as a man wearing female attire. If you do not care what others think then you do not need to justify it. Wear what you like. There is no law forbidding it. No one will give you any problems wearing them, and many will not even look.
    That pretty well sums it up. Reality in one paragraph.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

How am I gonna follow you around ? are you out on parole?
    Get some ? ummm, no thanks, don't need or want any....

seriously though...if that's your thing, go for it. I just can't jump on the bandwagon for female shoes in male mode.

I mean if your wearing Camo pants or shorts an heels now that's one thing ,,But if you dress kinda fem an wear NORMAL shoes that other woman would wear in that same situation you can do it when ever you want ,,, Sure if someone was to GAWK at you an look you up an down I'm sure yull get busted out ,,But if got thin skin you might want to move WAYYYYYYY To the back of the closet an stay in the safe zone ? But I like to live an let live ,,I'm the kinda person that don't pay any mind to what other people are doing an wearing unless its in my face . Like I said ,,, I am always around ,,Just come around an let me show ya how its done . As a matter of fact as soon as the store opens this morning I am going to make a run an see what today brings . So hold on to your heels Ladys ,,Its time for new pair ,, Just do what makes you happy !!

I'm happy to put in my $0.02 on this topic. I agree with much of whats been said in this thread; and would like to confirm that Mary Janes have been menswear in the not-too-distant past.

I've got an opinion and a story or two to share on this topic.

What works for me, and may for a few others of us here is this: I wear women's shoes almost exclusively. This means to work, to the mall etc. The same is true of my jeans. Having said this, I only get to do full femme every couple of weeks, so most of my life I spend blending my wardrobes. The trick IMHO is to do what others here have suggested, and that is to blend our shoes with our outfit and the situation. For instance, don't wear pumps with shorts if you're going back-packing with the guys...

We in this forum get to take advantage of the HUGE variety in women's shoes available to us, and it's great! I've got a few pair of ladies western styled boots that work well with long pants, I've got some very plain Born-brand shoes that have more than an inch of wedge heel, but are not noticed as women's and I wear them to work a couple days a week. Today I wore a pair of misses loafers with big rubber heels and make-believe buckle ornaments. I'm sitting at a coffee shop right now with my legs crossed and a great pair of flashy grey ladies western boots that blend just fine with my jeans, my shirt (drab) and belt.

In the summertime, my toes are always painted, and I wear flip flops anywhere I go --where such shoes are appropriate--. I've also got a pair of Merrill brand suede shoes with a mary jane strap that I've worn with shorts to the Home Depot a number of times without so much as a second glance. They are tan/brown and pretty subdued. Again- pick shoes that work with your outfit, and if you're going out and not trying to pass as femme, resist the urge to wear the ones with the cute bows, open toes, or ornate buckles. (We should all have these, I say just save them for those days/nights with a skirt or a dress)

Recently, I bought a GREAT pair of Clarks western-styled booties with almost 2" of heel, and have worn these many times to the mall, the pub, and the grocery store...most often with long jeans. I do have a story to share about these shoes; The last time I was at the Grocery store, the young lady who pushed my cart out to my car (this is a full-service store) did point enthusiastically at my shoes to a co-worker as he passed us in the lot while she thought I wasn't paying attention. Evidently my jeans were a little short that day, and the heels of these shoes were evident. Nothing came of this other than I smiled to myself, and the kids probably got to chat about me later in the store.

Bottom line, take advantage of the wide variety of shoes available to us now, select shoes that are situation and age appropriate, and just enjoy living! I wouldn't wear my pink bow-on-the-toe pumps to work no matter how long my jeans are, just as i wouldn't wear my blue sparkly tennis shoes with a dress.

To answer the initial question in this thread, our bow-on-the-toe flats are probably pushing it for going out in drab; that is, unless being noticed is your intention!

Happy Dressing!

-Krissy

wow! These are GREAT! LOVE 'EM!