Thread: Mixed emotions when my wife and I argue...

Mixed emotions when my wife and I argue...

No relationship is perfect. People will disagree, argue, shout and fight...
    But when it comes to name calling, it can get downright mean LOL.
    Yes, I type 'LOL', because in hindsight, it is always a childish thing to do, and many times my wife and I will review some of that name calling days later, and even have a laugh at some of the more creative expletives that were delivered.
    But recently, we were having a mild arguement over clothes, when she called me the B-word. I paused immediately, my prepared retort vanished from my mind, and I was open mouthed. While the insult reached home and felt like an insult, part of me acknowledged the feminine insinuation in a not unpleasant way. What a wierd feeling!
    Does anyone else here know of which I speak? Is this odd or uncommon?

Take bitch as a compliment and count your blessings.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

happens a lot when your wife is accepting .. don't worry, she meant it in a friendly way and she knows that it will leave you blank.. in short, its her secret weapon

Nikki50/50...congrats are in order for you...You have attained the level of a woman the many aspire to reach in life. You also attained it in a much shorter time span than most GG would still be working at!

Hip Hip Hooray! Hugs and kisses Girl from Mikchelle B<

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki50/50 View Post
    But recently, we were having a mild arguement over clothes, when she called me the B-word. I paused immediately, my prepared retort vanished from my mind, and I was open mouthed. While the insult reached home and felt like an insult, part of me acknowledged the feminine insinuation in a not unpleasant way. What a wierd feeling!
    Does anyone else here know of which I speak? Is this odd or uncommon?
    That sounds like acceptance to me. I would like it.
    Oh, ...and stop being such a bitch

Platinum Member
    Hi Nikki, That sounds like a Left Handed complement.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

When someone calls me a B, I say that's Ms B to you, ...And?, Your point? or just Thank you. Usually the open mouth is on the other face.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Actually if a female called me a bitch while I was enfemme, I'd take it half way as a compliment. Even though she may have an issue with me, she's at least treating me as though I'm on even ground with a GG. There's some odd acceptance there. But yeah, name calling in general is not good juju.

Cheers,

Kalista

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

Platinum Member
    That seems incredibly tame and definitely carries a feminine connotation, even if its an unflattering one. Go with it...and if she says it again, remember to thank her

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Yes Yes! The best return salvo is "Thank You!" "That was so delightful of you!"

I was called that once by my girlfriend.... I told her well, I maybe a B@#*#, but at least when I get up the Devil doesn't tell me "Oh, $%^&, the ^%%$# is up!"
    Man! I feel like a woman!

Gold Member
    My Wife and I have yet to call each other a derogatory name. Maybe because we both love each other,
    and would not want to hurt one another. She calls me "Honey, or my Sir name, politely, or Pops.
    But nothing like the "B" word.
    Rader

I agree to other replies here. Her calling signifies that she unconsciously recognizes you as a girl close to her. Congrats! even if it sounds somewhat ironic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life in women's dresses, pantyhose, stiletto heels, mini skirts, wigs and gorgeous makeup is so alluring and addictive.
    I wish the day would come when my feminine look is welcomed and I can live as a woman out in public.

Thanks for the input on this, everyone.
    The feeling it brought just kind of caught me a bit off guard...lol

The names my wives used to call me can't be repeated here,but I often call myself a ditz or a dumb blonde when I goof something up. To be addressed as a woman like you were,even in a negative way,I'd be thrilled.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Personally, both my wife and I do not agree with name calling in any situation. We have had some really good fights, and they are easier to move beyond if name calling, and side issues stays out of the picture. We through the years have attempted to stick to the point of the issue and not digress, and that can be difficult at times.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!