Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you could go back

If you could go back

If I could go back to younger years what would you change if anything? I would have been out in the open since my early teens I hate at times that Jordan is house bound or that I have to hide who I am unless I get away from where I live I would love to be her all the time. Who knows maybe I would have transgendered by now if I was out when I was younger just thinking how different my life could be

I would change nothing. Any change could have a disastrous affect on my future (present). I may have not spawned the 3 kids that I have, I may not be in the career position I am today, I may have different friends, my lifelong friend may not be there and most importantly I may not have found my wife, my love, my BFF.

I think I would have dressed a lot more and come out too people about Olivia, who knows I would probably be well on my way to being Olivia full time.

I think things may have been different if I would have been able to come out earlier. I was caught once though, wearing my sister's majorette uniform. Mom and Dad were so ticked. I recall Dad to this day asking if I wanted to be a girl full time and if that was the case, he would make it happen. Of course he wasn't serious and I was so scared and ashamed of being caught that "NO" was the only thing that came out of my mouth. Yes, there are time I wish I could change over, but as Jennialy said, things would be so different. Namely, my girl friend is so supportive of me that I don't feel ashamed. It stinks being in a relationsship where one can can't be themeselves 100%. Crossdressing is a part of me and if I can't be accepted 100%, then how can I give 100% in a relationship?
    Man! I feel like a woman!

I would have came out to my friends much sooner. I grew up in a small town and left for a bigger city, thinking it would be more opened minded and I would be able to dress and not be around family and friends that I grew up with. But one of my friends followed me and I wasn't able to dress the way I wanted to because he was around. So I spent the better part of 8 years hiding it, I moved away yet again thinking I will be able to dress. Things didnt work out so I moved back, since my plans had been crushed twice and I wasnt able to run away from my fear of the people I had around. I came back to grand rapids with it in my head that I was gonna come out. I was sick of hiding it, I am able to dress as much as I want at home but friends would stop by and I would have to change really quickly, and clean all my make up off my face and have it seem like i was in the shower when they came over, everytime. So I finally came out to my friends one by one last summer.

But the one friend of mine that followed me from back home was the biggest surprise, I talked with him and his only response was "I know". That caught me off guard, what do you mean you know. He had found out in highschool, from a ex-girlfriend that let me dress. At that point it hit me hard that I thought I was hiding something for so long and once I was finally to the point I was ready to let everyone know, it was already known.

The only thing I think I would change is maybe coming out to my wife sooner.
    Angie

Yes that is the one thing I wish I did also angie because I had to hide for so long it seems like I am trying to catch up for lost time and there is not enough time to do it. Glad to hear so many people saying 50 sets is normal thought I had a problem here
    Last edited by Jordan; 03-12-2013 at 07:51 PM.

Platinum Member
    I don't want to quibble, but I'd like to suggest that you are quite likely transgendered and have been for a long long time...otherwise, you probably wouldn't have bee dressing as a teen or contemplating what might have been today.

But to the point of your OP I don't really regret not coming out as a teen, nor living largely in the closet for decades thereafter. I have had two great marriages, a great family wonderful kids and a reasonably productive and interesting life. What I regret is carrying around the inner baggage of self loathing or low self esteem stemming from my mistaken belief that what I do was wrong, bad, deviant and unacceptable. I was less successful as a marriage partner, as a parent, as a professional, and generally as a human being because of those mistaken beliefs. Ridding myself of them was more important to my life than being able, now, to go out openly, confidently and comfortably as a woman.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Knowing one could transition I would have done so.

I would likely have lived it differently, but what was...was.....I can't complain and if I did what could I do about? "Mr. Peabody's Way Back Machine " doesn't exist.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    If I knew the opportunities that are available now back then I would do pretty much everything from my job choices to lifestyle choices over. I guess my path is rather set now and I seem destined to follow it.
    Erica

Banned Read only
    I would've dealt with my feelings about crossdressing / gender identity when I was sobering up, when I dealt with seemingly every other thing that had ever happened to me. Instead, I buried these feelings. In retrospect, it's amazing I stayed sober. What a stupid thing to do.

I'd say I wish I'd dealt with this when I was really young, late teenage / early 20's. But I know I wasn't in any kind of emotional state where that was even possible.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    1. Would not let those bullies push me around in middle school. So what if they were bigger and stronger? I'd fite dirty this time around!

2. Be much more aggressive with the girls I liked. I didn't discover how important confidence is until I was in my 30's.

3. RE dressing? Well, since I started in my 50's I guess my answer is, "Nothing different", when I was young.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi,

To go back , No. I would not be where i am now had i not gone through what i have yes things could have been different much different yet it was not to be,

We could look back & say ....the what if,....i have what i need a life thats so neat now the last 20 years have proved that,

Being born the way i was really was what has been the best for this kid, really what im saying is iv been able to grow into a woman & my background has allowed for that so had things been different , well i dont need to go down that road, because it was not mine to do,

You know im so happy as i am. we can hang on to those little details that drag us down till we cant get back up. i know they are there & yes they kick me in the rear from time to time so do i let them dictate my life & be miserbale for the rest of my life, no way forget it,i'v got to much to live for,

...noeleena...

Simple. Stay on my own instead of letting an older boy 'befriend' me and ultimately molest me, even though that may have meant growing up with zero friends. Changing my answers when I was four years old, and taking the chance that letting the doctor 'put me to sleep' didn't mean killing me, and get the surgery to have my face fixed. Telling the dentist that I wanted braces to fix my teeth, instead of being scared of having them and forever having a crooked smile. But hindsight is always 20/20 vision. In reality, I never had a chance.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I just wish that I had come to accept myself a few decades earlier. Other than that, I don't thing any change would have been to the positive as to where I am in life today. I have a great wife of 30 years, a great rural Tennessee mini farm, and enjoy life on " both sides of the track ".

kimdl93 you are probable right in that I think I am transgender and that is why I wish I could go back and change my body style not that my life is bad. I just think that I would like to in a relationship as a woman to feel like they feel I think I would love it

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    If I could go back to younger years what would you change if anything? .......
    Yes. I would have invested every cent I had in Microsoft stock when it first came out!

Seriously, everything you've ever done is a part of what you are today. One day, years ago, I was glancing through the newspaper and saw a help wanted ad. It's not something that I usually did. I applied for the job and got it. A few years later, a co-worker asked me if I wanted to fill in one night in a band he played in. I said yes, they hired me, and I met my future wife.

I often think of how different my life would be without those two casual decisions.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Simply knowing then what I know now would have changed a lot. Knowing that I was not the only person born this way, and that God was not going to strike me down for something I had no control over would have been nice. Understanding myself would have been the greatest gift from the get go, but we didn't have the internet in the 1970's and 1980's, so I grew up thinking that there was something wrong with me. Society was different then too, we could not just come out then like we could today without many fears coming true. Any psychologist back then would have likely told us we were broken and tried to fix us. I do wish I would have known then what I know now simply for my own peace of mind. I am very thankful we have come so far in society now, and the internet has really helped bridge the communication gaps. This web site has helped tremendously by being able to communicate with like minded people.

If I had transitioned when I was younger, I would now be a married woman with a family.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I would've warned past me that I'd become what I am...I don't think it would help...but I could encourage him to get better at art. I really need to buckle down and refine my technique.

Being the geek that I am and early experimentation with computer boards I would have made the passing acquaintance with the two Steves a little more significant.
    They seemed a bit radical and had an idea that if you made a plug in IC board for a computer you would get a lot of people interested.
    They could then fix it themselves.
    On the other side of the coin, if I had transitioned I may not be married now.
    I am remembering two others from my past now.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennialy View Post
    I would change nothing. Any change could have a disastrous affect on my future (present). I may have not spawned the 3 kids that I have, I may not be in the career position I am today, I may have different friends, my lifelong friend may not be there and most importantly I may not have found my wife, my love, my BFF.
    That's a perfect reply for me aswell. All very hypothetical but I defo would have done things differently when I was younger if I wasn't married with kids now. But I am and I am so pleased and proud of my family

If I'd have known I was TG, I would have transitioned younger.

I would have come out in college while I had my hair nice and long. I probably would have stayed single and who knows where the path would have led, but I most certainly would have had fun.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !