Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you could go back

Yes, I would have come out as soon as I left home, transitioned and now be a woman. My drivers license would read Deborah Kaye with my womanly photo on it. Womanhood--what a beautiful ring that one word has to it.

I love to here the answers here so many of the way I wish my life went

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    If I could go back to younger years what would you change if anything?

I would work far harder in school, lift weights methodically and make love to many more young women.

*climbs in DeLorean, checks the flux capacitor and programs 'Sept 5, 1985' in the time circuit console*

Okay, I know that once I hit 88 miles per hour I am going to see some serious sh@t. Assuming I don't cause a tear in the space-time continuum or my pantyhose, I'll go back to that time and stock up on all things spandex, buy some L'eggs Sheer Energy pantyhose that came in the awesome silver colored plastic eggs, and go meet with myself and tell me it's cool, relax, be who you want to be.

Then I'd go to the dance club where every night was 80's night.

That would be hella fun.

~Kalista

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

Unfortunately, I can't go back. If we want to bad enough, we can transition no matter how old we are. The question is, do you want it bad enough?

I have a friend in the meetup group I'm in who just sat down with her bosses at work and presented the letter she wrote to them about her new identity. Now THAT'S being who you want to be in the present moment! I really give her a lot of credit.
    Last edited by kristinacd55; 03-14-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Sasha, me too, I only wish I had come up with the strength to come out to my wife sooner. It is such a relief now that we talk about Allesha.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Allesha

I would have done a shit load of different things.... I would still not have transitioned but there would have been a lot more public outings and living life more girly....

Time......

If I had a way to go back, I would...I would have never got married at 17, joined the Marines and got the help I desperately needed at athe time!
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

If I could go back, I would prevent myself from ever starting crossdressing. Honestly, it would have made my life much simpler.

Do you really think you could of stopped yourself it is who we are and I think almost impossible to stop it

If I had known then what I know now...EZ...I'd be a woman, a wife, a mother, a career legal secretary just like my mom who I adored and idolized!

Banned Read only
    Since the idea of crossdressing never occurred to me until this century (born almost halfway into the last), that might not have been any different. However, I do think it would have been more useful to me to have been more relaxed about my sexuality. I think I invested a lot of energy unnecessarily in a facade of maleness when the reality was something much more fluid. I enjoy the more traditional male things that I do and interests that I have (wood working, cars, motorsports), but there has always been a side of me that has a significant attachment to aesthetics. This surfaces as interests in architecture, furniture and interior design and clothing design.

Society as a whole tends not to appreciate those who are "other than" for whatever reason. What we find difficult to grasp is that, in reality, much of life is not gender specific. Women hold no particular exclusivity regarding an eye for color and fashion or the nurturing of children. Similarly, men have no particular exclusivity regarding dangerous work or scientific pursuits. Yet, how many people wonder about males who work in fashion or always look well turned out, but without the aid of wives or girlfriends? Or, how many people wonder about women who are police officers or physicists? Fortunately times have changed or are changing. But, during the time when I was in high school ('62 to '66) it was a very different world.

Within the gay community, people talk about being able to "bring your whole self to work". At the heart of this is all of the things that we do appear like anyone else. Granted, for bisexuals, the process is a bit different. Outwardly, we appear to be just regular folks, but the reality is that we have this extra dimension to our sensibilities. However, I would really be hesitant about mentioning this week's episode of RuPaul's Drag Race. Only with a very small subset that I would ever even think about broaching that topic.

Anyway, the point is that it feels like one has to maintain this separation in order to be accepted. And the thing is, you can't unring a bell. In some cases, if you out yourself, people may not react as you thought. Perhaps they won't be overtly negative and most are not, but there can be a slight shift in the relationship or you're viewed slightly differently. I suspect that had I dealt with My Stuff in those days, life would have been quite different. If you're in better control of Your Stuff, external reactions have much less impact. It's only through insecurity that we allow ourselves to be knocked off course.

So, if I had dealt with My Stuff earlier, how would things have been different? In an odd way, as they are, I think many things have worked out better than I would have thought. However, it took me a long time to feel relatively comfortable with myself and that just shouldn't be. We all should feel comfortable in our own skin and with how we live our lives. But the degree to which your reality doesn't match how you are inside is always a cause for concern.

Banned Read only
    There is not much I would change. Maybe getting my parents to help me transition sooner. I transitioned at 22 and life has been a ball since.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jordan, I have a pretty great life I don't think that I would change anything.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    If I could go back I would go back to my late teens and I would tell myself not to get all torn up about the three major romantic heartbreaks that are coming my way in the coming 10 years, as in my future I'm going to meet a woman who will change my life forever and things will be better than I can ever imagine in love, marriage and crossdressing!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

The only thing I wish I could change would be finding this place earlier.
    So in that sense, I wish the internet and computer hardware had been 15 years more advanced and affordable when I was born.

I would have found courage to tell my parents (who I was living with) and would probably have dressed more.
    Ho hum.
    Samantha -x-

Either tried to stop it early, or encouraged it -- gave my 15 yr old self a pair of shoes, slip wig and makeup -- then saved that little purple dress. At least, never grew a beard.

Sure I would have cahanged alot of stuff, It may not have made my life any better.
    I certainly would have let the world now that I like to dress up alot sooner.

That may have caused alot of issues in my younger day.
    Probably best that it worked out the way it did.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Oh, considering that I learned everything about my past this last year... it has changed how I think of the past massively. Knowing what I know now... I would definitely be a legal woman, living as a woman 100%.
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

I would like to think that I would have started dressing 20 years earlier. I've alienated friends by not being open about my gender state/sexuality, and I could have prevented that by being out ages ago. Not to mention I would have looked much more feminine at the time. C'est la vie! I cannot go back in time, so I will make the best of the present and future.

When I was 23, I had a girl friend offer to dress me as a woman for Halloween. I've wished I did ever since!

I would have done what I should have, at age 21, when I was undergoing therapy. I had major surgery, and was very depressed afterwards. I wanted to come out to myself as trans, and I did, but it stopped there. I should have gotten a job, moved out and become the woman I should have been. Problem was that it took me another 9 years to find out that I could assert myself like I was supposed to. To this day, it's my biggest regret and I feel like a failure. I've sabotaged myself so many times I've lost count. Fear of rejection has stopped me every time.

If i could go back 2 weeks, to when i first admitted that this was a part of me, i would probably have kept it more closeted.
    I started to realize that even though you may feel happy with this, and want to express it to everyone, most people are not very fond of it.
    Keeping it away from other people can make it a more personal and meaningful thing, although I really wish i could just be open about it completely.

I would go back in a heartbeat. I would start earlier and shave ealier. Maybe go full time Don't really know.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

If I could go back to my "middle twenties" one thing that would change would be my MACHO MALE ATTITUDE!!!!! I would be more compassionate, more considerate, more understanding of different lifestyles. I have been trying to figure out as to why I say things that I have to explain to others. I have been asked as to why I wear female clothing; (IT'S BECAUSE I LIKE TO!!!!!, IT'S BECAUSE I HAVE AN ALTER EGO!!!!, IT'S BECAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER!!!!!) If I had known, really known about this thing called cd'in' and or transitioning I may have gone the "nine yards".

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"