Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Places to see GGs Dressed the Way Many CDs Like to Dress

On my daily commute into NYC - it's probably why I get up some mornings. There's plenty of Ugg boots, but those same women will be taking them off and putting their heels on as soon as they're at work. Also I noticed in PAris the women make American ladies seem frumpy. They have such style, and pull off heels and fishnets with such savoir faire.

Quote Originally Posted by KaliBrooke View Post
    There's a reason 99% of the clothes at my local CD store fairly scream out 'sex worker.'

Obviously, not all of us dress like that. But if it wasn't the big seller, we wouldn't have a gigantic store full of it.
    Your talking about janet's aren't you? lol I have noticed that myself when in the area and I drive by the store. I always ask myself, "Doesn't that display ever change?"
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Heres a link to a set of photos from a retro party (all gg's) in Detroit.
    http://detroit.metromix.com/events/s...421951/content

All very beautiful and great outfits as well.
    Stephanie

When I lived in California, I used to love going down town Sacramento and just watch all the business/office women walking around.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Lisa, how long ago was that, and do they still dress that way?

StephNE, those are some beautiful retro girls. Would love to have those outfits!

Darla, my wife rocks the Ugg boots and pantyhose look sometimes...I like it so much I considered buying some for myself! I take her to a nice lunch every Fri when I work from home, and she'll usually put on something semi-dressy but still casual that I have bought for her...and since she knows how much I love her legs she'll almost always wear hose (and I'll underdress with the same brand/shade...it's kind of a kinky thing with us). Sometimes she'll wear pumps when the weather is decent but in winter it's often heeled boots. By the time we get home, she wants out of the heeled boots and will replace them with Uggs. God, I love that look!

Karren--you must work in the financial, legal or other conservative industry if the gals are still wearing hose and heels to work. You are lucky!

Anita from the Netherlands--YES! Russia is like heaven for CDs! Women dress so, so amazingly sexy there. I haven't been for 3 or 4 years, but I remember having to drag my tongue back into my mouth! I'm sure many of you gurls know dosug.cz or intimlife.ru (the trans section) for Russian TG eye candy? (I know most are photoshopped, but so what? We can dream, right?)

Thanks all for your replies.

Professional Ballroom Dancers have to wear heels when dancing. It is part of their "uniform". They also wear some awesome outfits when performing. When they do Latin dances, the "dress" is more like a body stocking with strategically placed decorations. These are usually incredibly fit women too. My dance teacher would wear 2-3" heels all day dancing and then put on higher heels to "relax" and go out for the evening dancing for fun with her fellow instructors.

Banned Read only
    Maybe a brothel? just kidding.

I live close to a company that years ago had women dressing as if thet were in a fashion show. They'd eat lunch outside and many would walk during the noon hour. It was as if they were in competition with each other. It was very unusual to ever see a woman wearing pants. Then came casual fridays... and casual Thursday.... and casual , well you can see where thats going. Its really sad.

The symphony or the opera is a good spot, although most of the women (and men) there tend to be elderly.

I also second the " Walmart on Sunday morning." I see women of all races there dressed to the nines. Unfortunately, a lot of younger people (both men and women) wear casual clothing to church, and to Walmart after church.

I have read that The Ukraine is a place where women usually wear dresses, skirts and hose. How I wish it was that way yet here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was in a hotel last weekend and saw an entire group of airline stewardesses in the lobby. They looked exactly like something out of 1950's-60's Pan Am, only their uniforms were different colors - beige skirt suits and red hats. I think they were from the UAE (United Arab Emirates) airline.

I found this picture through a Google search.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 03-15-2013 at 05:14 PM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Hi Persephone--I have flown Emirates and the flight attendants do dress nicely. But the South American airlines have them beat! I have flown LAN, COPA, Avianca, TAM and others. It's like a fashion show...love it. Thanks for your post.

You said it! People just don't know how to dress anymore, men and women. They need to spend a week in front of the TV watching episodes of "Mad Men"!

I grew up in a city and took the subway downtown everyday for high school...loved seeing the woman dressed in skirts, heels and hose. We used to "boo" the ones that'd wear sneakers with their attire as they walked from the subway to their offices. lol.

I met my wife while she was working in a retail woman's clothing store...and she dressed that way herself even on off days! Loved it. To this day, she won't ever leave the house in sweats or a damn "hoodie" like you see these girls and woman wearing today, nor any sort of "t-shirt"...half of them dress like men.

More recently, we moved into a new neighborhood a couple of years ago and one of our neighbors is a very sexy mid 40s woman who always is in a skirt or dress and heels...heels even in jeans, which I love.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalove View Post
    When I lived in California, I used to love going down town Sacramento and just watch all the business/office women walking around.
    I live in Sacramento and believe me, that's still going on. At lunchtime there seems to be lots of immaculately dressed women all over the place!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Hi, I think NYC. I was there about 6 months ago and saw a beautiful girl getting into a cab. She was wearing a short filmy beige and black very short dress and the platform heels we all love. I'm still fantasizing about her and I only saw her for a few seconds. Jaymee

Underground shopping and pedistrian pathways under the bank and business towers. Lots of women in skirt and jacket powersuits, silk blouses and occassion dress and hose. I envy them.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

Church, and the after-church breakfast places are great places to check out the latest fashions.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    It seems to me that if you want to mingle with women who care about their apperance, you need to go to places where appearance makes a difference. Classical music concerts, the ballet, the theatre (not the movies!), upper-end restaurants, and businesses that deal with money: banks, brokerage firms, money-lending establisments.

Of course, the high density of these things in Manhattan below 105th street is huge (and I would take it all the way down to the financial district just above the Battery).