Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shopping.... Are your intentions, most often to actually shop?

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar

Shopping.... Are your intentions, most often to actually shop?

Obviously the most popular activity that crossdressers tend to do out in the public is to go shopping. A few of my crossdressing friends often message me to join them for shopping trips, in which they usually never buy anything and/or don't really look at the items. Seems like their intentions are to be out in the public eye or get out of the house. When I do join them, I am always the one rooting thru the clothing racks, trying stuff on and/or making the purchases. Therefore, I limit these type of outtings from my crossdressing time or else I'd be broke and not having any living space in the home.
    What are your intentions when you go "shopping"/shopping?

Mine aren't.I just like to get out and be casual.I like the mall because it's easy to blend in.I like to just stroll around browsing.Often sit on a bench and watch people scurry .Too busy to notice a crossdresser.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

I also just like to stroll around the stores and browse. The big malls have so much to look at, plus the food courts are usually quite diverse and very tasty! LOL

I do not always buy anything, but I sure do look at everything. If for nothing else to get some ideas of nice combinations. If I see something I really want I will buy it. I do not go just to be out in public anymore. I used to but I feel a bit more comfortable and usually forget I am "dressed up" and just go about my business.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

When I shop, I buy if anything catches my eye and is a good value. Shopping is one of the things my wife and I enjoy doing together.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Hi,

For my self ill have Jos with me & we do the second hand shops & the sizes are more Jos's size so i look . & that's okay i dont mind because i have been given some lovely clothes that i alter to fit me & i wear them to many do's we have going on with our groups,

My point is i dont need to buy more clothes as now i have pleanty,

...noeleena...

When I shop my intention is to buy - but only if the item is a good value

Shopping is my favorite, being out of orange juice or lunch meat here is enough reason to get dolled up and go get some!! Love going to the resale shops browsing to see what I can add to my wardrobe or other stores!, Usually always buy something

I usually shop with an intention to buy.
    Fifty percent of the time it is sale or items of interest.
    Ten percent of the time is specific requirements.
    The other ninety five percent is indecisive window shopping and just being out.

Is there something wrong with my mathematics?
    Tell someone who cares I just like to enjoy what I do.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Many years ago shopping became a major recreational activity. Given that women spend most of the household money and most of the stores in the mall are "womens" stores its obviously a Cd's delight. Female shopping can be a highly competative activity, all those hockey baseball and soccer mums. If only I won the lottery I could really participate.

hugs rita
    Dressing is not a choice.

Its a passion.

Well, it depends. Sometimes i'm just looking to see if something catch my eye, but other times I'm there with a purpose, to find the final piece for a new outfit

Platinum Member
    If I don't buy something, I feel like its been a wasted trip. I love getting out and mingling with other human beings, of course, but I dig into the sales racks like a pro. Next time I'm in Winnipeg, I'll give you a call!

Sometimes I wake up feeling naughty, so I put on high impact "look at me" clothes (see my blog for my corset photos).
    Normally this feeling wears off by 11am and I change to something more "normal".

I love trying on new outfits and would buy them all if my male side allowed (he's so controlling and only allows about $20 per week for me - rest of his money is allocated for "family" stuff)
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

There is shopping, window shopping and buying. I tend to shop and buy if I find something I like. I do very little walking around to just look and touch. I don't need an excuse to get out so that I can dress as a woman. I do that a lot but normally am going out to eat, drink or to some event, so shopping for me is to feed my passion and normally ends up with something new or used (thrift store) in a bag hanging from my hand or arm.

When my SO and I go out to go shopping we do just that She usually comes home with more than I do or everything in some cases but that's only because I didn't see anything that really looked nice and it depends on the store we are in I never go out to just walk around as I never go out full femme so there is no point in it. Now if I DID go out fully dressed I would probably feel obligated to buy "something" while out.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I love to shop. If it has good lines, feels good on the skin, and the price is in the budget, I buy it.

If I wear a recognizable outfit to the store that says I bought there before, I get great service, and premium fitting room service. If the price is out of my budget, I wait for the sale and hope my size is still available.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm a guy. I don't shop. I buy.

The women in my family shop. They can spend hours looking at things and never buy anything!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

When i go shopping, i am going to shop.. now i may not buy anything but i will for sure be looking... Most times i have something i am looking for.. but always check out the racks in case there is something there i didn't think about.

I think I fall into the category where many of my so called shopping adventures end up not being about the shopping but as you put it, get out in the public eye. If i bought something every time, like you said - broke and out of closet space..haha...

I am the marketing deptartments dream. As a dedicated competition grade shopper, I don't wait for sales, the more expensive item MUSTbe better, labels are everything, and my favorite men are named Christian Louboutin, and Jimmy Choo.
    That being said, I have no kids, and my house is paid for. I'm not taking any food from anybody's mouth.
    A good day shopping involves the floor manager to asign a lackey to carry my stuff, and they'll do a starbucks run for me.
    This level of shopping took YEARS to work up to. Do not try it on a first trip out or you may pull a hamstring (whatever that is).
    It's Prada or nada baby.-Celeste

Silver Member
    Only recently did I get introduced to the differences between masculine "buying" and feminine "shopping". In the store with my daughter, I was told to take one of everything in my size to the fitting room. Anything that i said "maybe" to went into the pile because, i was told, "You never know".This amounted to at least a dozen tops, which we narrowed down to three for purchase, and there were some surprising picks among the winners. In male mode, the 'maybes' stay on the rack and only the 'probables' are tried on, finally arriving at one. The difference in time spent is surprising. We spent an hour finding me those three tops, whereas twenty minutes is my limit in guy mode.

When my wife and I go shopping we sometimes go with a good friend from our Tri-Ess group. We always SHOP. I'm not there to just walk around, I want to see what's new, what's on sale and what I might add to my wardrobe. The same is true for our friend. We almost always buy Something, maybe not a lot, but something.
    Then we make sure to have a nice dinner while out too.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

i usually shop to buy... sometimes i just look, and try things on, but i have more fun wearing what i bought with other things i have bought... not just once in the store.
    when in doubt, smile

I love shopping but I am selective. I'm not always buying something but I am on the look out for that certain thing that speaks to me, or better yet a real bargain

I always shop with a purpose in mind. Usually for a definite item. I reently had my ears pierced, and the starteers are coming out in the next week. Went shopping for a couple pair that I had in my mind. Found one right away, but am still looking for this other one. I went to for or five jewelery stores and over half a dozen pawn shops (shopping) looking for them. Will be on the prowl for them in the next couple days.

Bobbi