Thread: Not *always* trying to pass? Femme inspired guy outfits

Not *always* trying to pass? Femme inspired guy outfits

Hey guys
    I do love dressing as femme as possible (usually without going over the top), in the privacy of my own room for sure, it's great.

But, well if I go out en femme I'll probably look pretty ridiculous (5'10, fairly muscular at ~190 lbs) and I'm really not after that negative kind of attention. I was wondering if you guys use your femme clothes to augment a typically masculine kind of look. For example, I have these canvas leopard shoes that I love, with a flat heel of about 2". The outfit I have in mind would be black women's skinny jeans, a black male jacket, leopard belt and my leopard canvas shoes. Personally I think this would look pretty good, a little risky but not too out there like *a blatant man in a dress/skirt*. Or a pair of women's boots with a flat or wedge heel.

What do you guys think? Favourite mixed femme/drab outfits?

That is my normal mode as a feminine male. Same for about a dozen other folks here. It is all about how you carry yourself. If you act like a scared rabbit then you will be treated like one. If you "own" what you are wearing and act confident you will be treated with respect. It is that simple regardless of the feminine items that you are wearing.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

i hear these skinny jeans are all the rage among the kids. personally, i don't see how they are different than a pair a women's stretch denim jeans...

i have some pairs of bermuda shorts (marketed and sold for men at target)... love them... and wear them with a (men's) cotton t-shirt usually, and vans or sandals... i think i've seen GGs wear this exact same outfit. I was at target again the other day, and noticed cardigan sweaters being sold and marketed to men, too.

there are some fashions that i am noticing are blending gender specific styles into one style that is worn by both genders. i am sure the cut of my shorts is slightly different than if i had bought female marketed shorts, but mine still are low-waist, taper at the hem, are thin light cotton, and one pair is bright cobalt blue, the other is white. but, knowing this, i wouldn't hesitate to buy similar shorts in a size (US) 14/16 than a 36" next time. t shirts for men can be seen getting tighter, there are even racer back tanks made for men. while skinny jeans are not flattering on me, i've worn women's jeans out in guy mode, and would say i fit right in anywhere i went. so, i would focus less on "will this look right?" and more on what looks good on me, and makes me feel comfortable and confident wearing it. Usually, I am dressed to pass as a female, or dressed as a male, but i find its becoming easier to mix n match across gender styles.

if anyone on this forum, spent a little time browsing the men's section (at least in SoCal[but recall that Target is a Midwest company]) at a local department store or mall, especially, some trendy and progressive stores, you will notice that there is a lot more feminine flair being offered in men's fashions today than 15 or even 3 years ago... I, for one, am taking advantage of that.
    Last edited by brandi.tgurl; 03-14-2013 at 02:33 AM.
    when in doubt, smile

Hi,

Its not really about the clothes it's you if your not comfortable with your self then it makes little difference what you wear,

As a member of two groups i dress in many different outfits, & you may be surprised of my garb & where i go , they are very stand out in your face, very different if you had a mind set of todays clothes, as being worn,

& i have flown a few 1000 miles dressed as well. yes people will & do look , i dont dress to blend in or pass thered be no point ,

I dont have the feminine look & i dont wont even try to . & i talk with many people where ever i go, the thing is you just go out have fun & enjoy your self,

...noeleena...

I am a skinny jeans and top person I look androgynous or with a little persuasion I appear to switch gender at will.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I always try to look my best when I'm in Kate mode. I've been known to put a feminine "spin" on regular guy clothes, work uniforms and Army clothes. The woman makes the clothes after all and not vice versa.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I wear women's slacks and jeans almost every day (of course with panties underneath).
    Stephanie

Banned Read only
    Based on my own experience plus that of many others here...

I can't promise but I will bet a months pay, that NO ONE will come after you with a pitchfork or baseball bat or insult you or yell out something a$$inine, for wearing SOME items of clothing sold in the women's department. As long as you don't skulk around like you just robbed a bank. There is NO WAY to tell how many notice. There is NO WAY to know how many "care". There is NO WAY to know just "what" they think. Despite all the Forum members here who claim they can read minds. Why should it matter what "they" think even IF you could read their minds?

Wear what you want/dress how you like and treat those you encounter how YOU would like to be treated and I think you will see that Mean Ol' Society is simply the BIGGEST FORUM MYTH of all.

Go for it. IMHO, the dividing line is dress/skirt, and boobs. Anything else works.-Celeste

Quote Originally Posted by Phanatic View Post
    What do you guys think? Favourite mixed femme/drab outfits?
    It varies.

This week, it's a red linen ankle-length jumper with a men's shirt and men's shoes, sometimes with tights, sometimes with knee socks (depending on how chilly I feel.) So far, no comments from anyone either way.

Most of the time, I wear something skirted with a men's shirt of some kind, except when I go into the office.
    Last edited by Asche; 03-14-2013 at 05:16 PM.

I have been wearing womens sport tops for a while, with a pair of stretch jeans and a 2 inch heel boot. Only once in a while have I even had a second look. There was one time, posted about it, had a little comment from the peanut gallery, caught me off guard. I lived thru it and have not made any changes.
    I will see what summer brings. The price of womens stretch jeans is a lot less than mens jeans and they are a lot more fun to wear.
    At this age I really don't care any more anyway.
    Wonderwho
    .... and someday I too will become a butterfly screamed the catapiller!!!

I don't understand it?? I have seen it time and time again on this forum. This really weird desire to "pass" or "go out" en femme? Why? I am content to dress at home and that's that. That is me, this obsession to "pass" is really beyond me.

Enjoy everyone. Do what you want, I am just venting a bit.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I wear a mix of male female clothes everyday. Shoes and jeans are always female,tops vary from day to day.
    Jackets change too.Today it was a short suede womens jacket.

Silver Member
    I too have decided that my best bet is to present as a feminine male. My first outing in that mode was last week when I went clothes shopping with my daughter, followed by dinner at a nearby steakhouse. The sound of my 3 inch heels on the pavement intoxicating and empowering. The sales ladies were super supportive and helpful and the restaurant wait staff was totally professional - they cared not one bit how I was dressed, and so it should be. What worked for me was to focus just on what I was doing and not even think about my outfit or anyone's reaction. I can't wait to go again.