Thread: How do I not blow this up?

How do I not blow this up?

A friend whom I have known since childhood has asked me for a favor. She has asked me if I will dress up for a skit she is directing. She doesn't know about my dressing and it is just a friendly request. In the past we have almost always helped each other out with a lot of things. As a result, I said yes and I am now very nervous about this whole thing. She told me that it is a comic skit where all characters act funny and do silly things. The skit is also for a good cause.

I am very nervous and unsure now. The role is a simple one. I am to don a short red skirt and a red and black top and play catch with a girl dressed in a football player's outfit. She said I will need a wig and matching sneakers to go with the dress. I need to get this all together by tomorrow evening and then a week of rehearsals will follow.

What do you all think I should do? Does it seem like a good opportunity to dress up without being judged? Where can I get a pleated red skirt that is not expensive? How do I not blow it up?
    Last edited by cd_wunders; 03-15-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Go for it! It's a fantastic opportunity to dress! and it's for the arts too!

Banned Read only
    Relax and have fun with it. It is a chance to dress and be in front of people. Just DON't place a detonator in the breast forms. They make a heck of a mess when they explode.

Should have asked if you could bring your own skirt & wig.
    I've come to the conclusion that it's none of my business what other people's opinion of me is.

Why would you Not do it? Ask her to help you shop for items and she'll never suspect. Only someone with something to hide wouldn't do it. How would I know?

ChanDelle

Go ahead and do it. It'll be fun. I and another guy did that for a high school play I was in and it brought the house down. Little did they know I enjoyed it more than they did! Barbarahttp://www.crossdressers.com/forums/newreply.php?p=3140891&noquote=1

Go for it and have fun...be careful to not go over board if you don't want to give yourself away...I almost did that once on Halowene...it boils down to where you are with your own acceptance of yourself and what you want others to think.

why would you not do it? I can think of at least 3 reasons and top of the list is "does it make me look like a clown?" But if it is in good taste...I say why not?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I haven't read any of the other remarks, here's my thoughts. Relax and go have fun with it, you'll do great. Yes, a great opportunity to dress and feel free with it. Plus, you said it is for a good cause.
    I looked in the mirror and saw a gurl

Life is but a stage and we must play a part - but this sounds like an absolute bag of fun on a big scale- If she decides to film in New Zealand next to Hobbitton, or middle earth etc, I'ld be happy to fill in for you.
    Plus I like playing catch with girls
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Aspiring Member
    Yes, go and have fun. IMO CD's are more hesitant to play act as a man in a skirt than wear one for real. Just remember that you are acting and no one should suspect anything unless you wear some cute panties underneath and someone spots them. Also, look online for a local shop that specializes in school uniforms and you might be able to fit into an girl's XL which should be about size 14-16. Find some white knee socks and a cheap pair of mary janes at Kmart or Walmart. A white long sleeved dress shirt over a cute white lacy camisole should do the trick. I suggest these articles of clothing as I'm sure that you just might want to keep them for future use. But don't tell anybody; your secret is safe with us.

I think it would be fun especially the dress rehearsals! Do your best to look good. It might even spark a conversation with your friend if you have ever been interested in that!

Aspiring Member
    I'd jump at a chance like that in a New York minute!

Danielle

Go and have fun! This should be so much fun. Please update us and let us know whow it went.
    Stephanie

Just remember, you're supposed to look like a guy dressed as a girl, for the skit to be humerus. Role reversal.

I think the outfit is to represent a cheerleader, so any similar outfit would work, unless she's trying to match some schools colors. And if that is the case, I wonder if there is a cheerleader that would lend you an outfit.

Otherwise, your friend should have had the outfit already, or known where to get one.
    DonnaT

Have fun! Get pictures. If you don't do this, you will regret it forever. Take advantage of any makeup tips you can get.
    And...be ready to answer any comments you get like, "You walk in those heels like you are experienced."
    "So you just happened to have silicone forms at your house?"
    "Gosh that is a pretty wig. Where did you find it?"
    You don't have to deny it--just be a little vague. She won't ask followup questions--unless she really wants to know. Right?

How could you possibly think of not doing this.

Vieja

Quote Originally Posted by Annie D View Post
    Yes, go and have fun. IMO CD's are more hesitant to play act as a man in a skirt than wear one for real. Just remember that you are acting and no one should suspect anything unless you wear some cute panties underneath and someone spots them. Also, look online for a local shop that specializes in school uniforms and you might be able to fit into an girl's XL which should be about size 14-16. Find some white knee socks and a cheap pair of mary janes at Kmart or Walmart. A white long sleeved dress shirt over a cute white lacy camisole should do the trick. I suggest these articles of clothing as I'm sure that you just might want to keep them for future use. But don't tell anybody; your secret is safe with us.
    Annie, thanks for your input. I did a quick search and I now where I can find most of the stuff except for the skirt. I am surprised at how even the bigger stores don't really have a short pleated skirt in stock. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by cd_wunders; 03-16-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Is it posible that you're a bit apprehenice knowing you'll be laughed at in public while you're dressed? I'm talking adout the skit.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    DO IT! remember it is for a good cause, and meant to be fun.

Might even use it to your advantage if you have several outfits to try during rehearsals to get their opinion which one works best for the part..

Have fun.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Banned Read only
    Go for it! Have fun! Have her take you to Goodwill to look for a skirt. Just feel lucky she did not suggest the outfit include four inch red heels from a Payless. That would be a giveaway if you walked too good in them.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Think: thrift/2nd hand stores!

I got this pleated cheer style skirt and near matching top at Goodwill or Salvation Army some time ago. Then, I added the logo much later when I needed a cheer leading outfit. As I did a few weeks ago. And, matched the other girls from cd.com that bought their's!

However, u could simply wear a black or white top with a pleated skirt of any color.

77522.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Do it, carry the act off well and you will be praised for it.
    There may be other engagements.
    No one is going to read anything into it.
    Only you and your conscience.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by cd_wunders View Post
    ..................... Does it seem like a good opportunity to dress up without being judged? .............................. How do I not blow it up?
    The risk is, you will look too realistic and comfortable as a woman and people will start thinking that this isn't your first time dressing as a female.

To pull this off without being outed as a possible crossdresser, you will have to look and act uncomfortable in the outfit. Instead of silicone forms, wear rolled up socks worn too high on the chest. Make sure your beard shadow shows. Same for leg hair. Get a really cheap wig that cries out "FAKE".

Getting the chance to play a female in a play or skit sounds like the crossdresser's dream until you realize that you have to look and act like you've never done this before.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

After re reading the post I must agree with Linda, she has it right.
    It all depends how your friend would like you to present.
    I would ask her and abide by her request.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.