Thread: Dressed up, dressed down

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar

Dressed up, dressed down

Earlier today, my fiancee and I had to get all dressed up for a cousin's wedding. By the time we made it home, we were both beat. My fiancee felt like slipping into her nightgown. And I felt like joining her, so I pulled out my pretty white cotton Shadowline gown...plus my light foam forms, to fill it out more nicely.

Weddings can be a big deal for ladies like us, even if we're there in drab...not only do you have the bride, but all the other GGs there are decked out in their finest. The shoes alone are a real sight to see. I can tell you that, if I need to attend a similar wedding as Amy, that black JL Studio dress I just got would be exquisite for that occasion...hey, it could happen!

Incidentally, while there, I heard another cousin of mine telling her young nephew, one of the few little boys present among lots of little girls, "Where's your dress? Hm? You don't have one, 'cause boys don't wear dresses!" I carefully kept a straight face. If only she knew...

Have any of you noticed what I have about weddings? And were you as glad as I was to get femme again after being all dressed up like that?

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Amy,
    in another life, my wife and I were wedding photographers. I need more than one hand to count the number of times we saw little boys wearing dresses as flower girls and Jr Bridesmaids. But we also saw little girls with slicked-back hair wearing tuxes as ring bearers and Jr Groomsmen so it went both ways. It was funny that the closer to the front of the church, the dressier it got till you got to the front row and it was always a challenge to see if the brides mom or grooms mom won the "I look better than you" contest.

Jenn

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer in CO View Post
    I need more than one hand to count the number of times we saw little boys wearing dresses as flower girls and Jr Bridesmaids. But we also saw little girls with slicked-back hair wearing tuxes as ring bearers and Jr Groomsmen so it went both ways.
    Good heavens! I have totally never heard of this! It makes sense, though; if a couple's circle of friends doesn't include enough children of the right gender, I guess they make do with what they have. I wonder if this practice has planted the inspiration for any CDs out there though...

- Amy
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Platinum Member
    Hi Amy, Aside from the bride and groom the best part is watching all the pretty ladies and their dresses and shoes.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'd have to be honest, I dread going to weddings. All of the women are wearing their finest and looking awesome, and yet I am stuck wearing stupid guy clothes. Makes me pretty miserable

Hose & Heel Loving Divia. Lee Andrews's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    I'd have to be honest, I dread going to weddings. All of the women are wearing their finest and looking awesome, and yet I am stuck wearing stupid guy clothes. Makes me pretty miserable
    That makes two of us. Oh to be able to dress to the nines for an outing like that.
    Trying to come to grips with this lovely thing called Crossdressing.

Thankful there is a place to ask for help.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    Back in the seventies and early eighties I had guy dress clothes that were not dull by any means. I had a white linen suit, the mandatory black, and sports coats with various textures and colors. Even a medium lavender jacket in a twill. The women would coo and touch my clothes. Now days it is the color of the pinstripe, how far they are apart, and if you wear a bright tie. Whoopdeedoo. It would be great to go dressed. But that is what we can do at the Dunes in the spring and fall. I am going and I am getting all decked out for the proms.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Andrews View Post
    That makes two of us. Oh to be able to dress to the nines for an outing like that.
    This makes 3 of us, I usually want to be wearing the bridesmaids' dress so bad. I don't care if they look gawdy either...

After going drab to something like weddings I just want to get home an get changed.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    Hi Amy...

Yes, weddings are actually kind of fun that way. Love to gaze at the fashion parade both good and not-so-good. There will always be one gal wearing something that I would love to try.

I certainly begin to wish that I could wear what I pleased to a wedding or similar event. Sure, I am not passable by any means and I would not look that great anyway even with my semi-muscular average male body. The joy would be in simply wearing a pretty dress and heels in a beautiful wedding setting and enjoy more feminine colours that my black, blue or grey suits.

Veronica.

P.S. That's a great photo of you in the blue. Well done!

Avery good male friend of mine just recently asked me to go to a wedding with him in June...he also asked if i would go in femme....of course I said yes, and I cannot wait to go

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Lacey View Post
    That's a great photo of you in the blue. Well done!
    Thank you, Veronica! That was from my New Year's Eve photo set, with the closest thing I have to an evening gown. For a late-morning-to-midday wedding, I just got a very nice black JL Studio dress off eBay that would work very well. I should do a photo shoot with that one...maybe sometime this week.

EDIT: And here it is!

Quote Originally Posted by missjoann49 View Post
    Avery good male friend of mine just recently asked me to go to a wedding with him in June...he also asked if i would go in femme....of course I said yes, and I cannot wait to go
    Oh, JoAnn, you lucky--oh, I can't say that, that wouldn't be very ladylike! I hope you have a wonderful time! Do your best to catch that bouquet!

- Amy
    Last edited by AmyGaleRT; 03-19-2013 at 12:04 AM. Reason: I did the photo shoot!

Hi,Amy. Yes,I have noticed this. Being in the music buisness for many years,I've played alot of wedding dances and that's the one bright spot.The women,even ones that aren't particularly attractive,look beautiful with their lovely dresses,shoes and their hair all done up nicely. I watch them and get ideas on what would look good on me. I chuckle inside wondering what they would think if they knew the guy on stage was wearing pink panties and painted toenails. And,yes,afterwards I can't wait to get home and girl up.XO Barbara