Thread: Out in Benidorm, Spain

Out in Benidorm, Spain

We've just returned from 3 great days in Benidorm, where we stayed in the Babylon Hotel in the Old Town. The hotel is small, intimate, and VERY CD friendly.

Tony ( the owner) and his team are so kind welcoming and helpful. The rooms are good sized, spotless, and ours had the best hotel bed I have ever slept in. Being dressed around the hotel was great, as was being out and about in the street. No problems - not one, and I don't think I was "read" once.

The hotel has a fabulous roof terrace withe sunbeds and small bar and roof garden, which is a real suntrap.

If you are considering a trip to Benidorm, don't waste time looking around. Head straight for the Babylon - and it's only 33 Euros per night for a double room for a 3 night stay.

Out and about, we went to Levi's Showboat, a restaurant and showbar. The food was incredibly good, as was the show. Wayne in drag, superbly costumed and a real entertainer, his Dream Girl dancers, a superb singer, and also a really funny comedian. NOT to be missed!!

Downside? The Kafe Klee club. Show started off well be rapidly deteriorated into vile rudeness - supposedly "soiled" sanitary pads being thrown at the audience - and worse. Suffice it to say this is one to avoid!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

An interesting heads up I will look out for more in Spain next time I visit.
    Greece and Spain seem the best prices in the EU for accommodation.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

supposedly "soiled" sanitary pads being thrown at the audience - and worse.
    A strange way of asking for their customers to come back for the second, any second show.

Otherwise, I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.