Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you half dress?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    Wearing some male clothing and some female clothing is not blending, it's mixing. You can expect disapproving looks and smirks from the general population. Don't complain. What did you expect? Most folks won't say anything. Just trying to be polite. Others will openly deride you because they're ignorant and stupid.

My situation in life allows me to dress whenever and wherever I like. No need to underdress or try stealth mode. When I dress, I want to look and feel like a classy woman, when not, a classy gentleman will do.
    When I dress, which is all of the time when not at work, I present as a feminine male mixing male and female items - very much like the opposite of a Tomboy. I always feel like a very classy feminine male. I get a lot of compliments from women. I don't experiences the disapproving looks and smirks that you mentioned, maybe because I'm not attempting to deceive folks into thinking that I am a woman. I am simply a feminine male and folks seem to be able to comprehend that.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

I used to go out in shorts and pantyhose. Sometimes with plain ladies' flats. Sometimes with ladies' top and shorts. Normally, no one noticed anything unusual. A few times, I had outings where I wore womans pants. Then, I felt totally invisible. I didn't expect anyone to notice. I even flew this way once. (Boy were my arms tired! --rimshot). At one point, two airline employees noticed while I was at the gate. I overheard them talking. Recently, however, I go out in a skirt and either a blouse or a man's shirt. I present male. I don't think I am flying under the radar anymore, but no one reacts. I have flown this way. I have gone shopping this way. I have even volunteered this way once, but I didn't have to interact with the public. People see what I am wearing and they will take a look, but then they try not to stare and they treat me with respect. I try to avoid less civilized people because I fear they will make a scene. But when I am wearing a skirt in public as a man, I don't know what difference a scene will make! I don't get myself!!

I have underdressed for years, panties, pantyhose and cami's on a daily basis. I have on rare occasions worn a nice conservative blouse or sweater out in public without any one seeming to notice but never to work. Other than that I have never felt the need for anything else. Maybe someday I will want to go further but am happy being Ellen Jo at home.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

I have found that the following women’s clothes are suitable for underdressing.

!) Pants: Women’s pull on pants are much easier to put on than either women's ormen’s belted pants. They do not need a fake fly, as the absence of it is usually not apparent, but I prefer non-figured and solid color, non-pastel pants so they are not readily identified as women’s clothing.

2) Panties: Underwear with a fly is unnecessary with pull on pants. Although there are no-fly briefs in the men’s department, women’s full-cut briefs work just as well, and are often cheaper.

3) Slips: Shirttails tend to readily pull out of pull on pants. This can expose panty and pantyhose tops and a bare back is usually uncomfortable when seated. A “solution” is to wear a full slip that is short enough to be worn with slacks. A slip with adjustable straps, lace trim, and a bodice is even OK as it is covered and feminine features aren’t apparent. Also slips are usually made of material that makes it easier to pull on pants.

4) Bra: This is generally not considered an adrogynous item, but it can be useful in “boy mode” to keep non-adjustable straps on a slip from falling off the shoulders

5) Pantyhose: An MD suggested that I wear pantyhose to avoid the indentation in my lower legs that mid-calf or knee-high socks make. Pantyhose do not require anything that is not also needed with pull on pants. Opaque ones are best, as they aren't readily identified as women's hosiery, but that isn't necessary and non-opaque pantyhose or thigh highs are OK and are more available.

6) Purse: Keeping a wallet, comb, notepad, phone, and keys in pants pockets is awkward as it is hard to extract them when seated, and pockets in women’s pull on pants are often not very deep anyway. My “solution” is to use a small shoulder purse.

Anne Allena
    Surely Jennifer,

All will identify us as a bit typical... but we all have some velvette softness or some dezires to express our tender feelings that often leads us to half-dressing or under-dressing or full-crossdressing. So i acknowledge that everyone will know my fact, but i wont stop for their remarks. Who are they making such remarks?? would they feed me bread twice a day?? Obviously not!! Then why to care for them?? Let us go with our soul and our emotions.

Well, I'm starting to venture past the front door. I usually go out in girls jeans, shirt, panties, and shoes. Once in a while, I'll wear a bra if I'm wearing something baggy. I use eyeliner and mascara. That's pretty border line. One of these days I'm gonna go out fully fully dressed.

Banned Read only
    I do, right up to about 50% of getting ready.

Silver Member
    For me, it is all about the skirt (or dress.) If I really could wear a skirt en drab, I would, otherwise to me a pair of pants is a pair of pants (and I am not a big fan of pants to begin with.)

I wear only ladies jeans 24/7 work in the oilpatch....in the summer I wear ladies shorts and shirts ...sooo go for it!
    From time to time I do wear a bra and a lot of the time nylons or tights.
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

when in guy mode I wear mostly girl clothes, jeans, t-shirts, panties that kinda thing

I just wear underwear and shirts when I go out and I add a skirt or some shorts when I get back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    For me, it is all about the skirt (or dress.) If I really could wear a skirt en drab, I would, otherwise to me a pair of pants is a pair of pants (and I am not a big fan of pants to begin with.)
    Sometimes I literally half dress - the lower half, I wear a skirt and well concealed feminine underclothes in drab. More and more so in fact. The right style does not draw a lot of attention though "the right style" is not as feminine as one might wish. Nevertheless it does allow one to enjoy the "swish" and tactile joy of satin and nylon. As for woman's jeans? I'm one of those who finds a certain incongruity about wearing a woman's article of clothing patterned after a man's article of clothing – it does nothing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-antha View Post
    I will and do wear whatever I feel like, whenever I like,oin or outside. (Of course skirts are a male no no, but that is about it). Just comfy is what matters.
    Skirts on a man are becoming less of a no-no. Not only do I occasionally wear a skirt in public, I've seen other men in skirts (and not just the kilt) out and about.

Yes I "underdress" It's a necessity a good deal of the time, because I'm not going out with other CD's from a CD Group like I did many years ago. Unfortunately, I couldn't pass now even if I tried. (Couldn't then either!)

But it's a pleasurable necessity. I love the feeling of being "secretly" feminine. My outerwear can be either men's or ladies' jeans - I prefer ladies' but it's not all that important. And sometimes one can get by with a "unisex" woman's shirt or sweatshirt. But it's the lingerie that counts when one's out in public.

Wearing a bra (with not too prominent breast inserts - ones large enough to feel my bra is not unfemininely flat, but not so large that the casual passerby will notice) is important. A pretty camisole feels great but doesn't have to show anymore than my bra. Most important for me is wearing a firm control panty brief. The firm constriction of shapewear reminds me every moment that I'm wearing a woman's undergarment. But because shapewear is rather utilitarian and not especially feminine, I always wear the daintiest panties over it. So I get the best of both worlds - the firmness of shapewear and the delicious consciousness of wearing soft yellow nylon lace-trimmed (full brief style) panties. And no passersby needs to know anything about it!

Now it is true that women are much more observant than men. A woman may well notice that I have a suspiciously prominent chest and guess that I'm wearing a padded bra. But I don't care if a woman notices - I only want men not to notice. I'm actually glad when a woman seems to notice. If she's alone I may even stop for the briefest second before passing her and say "Yes, you're right. I'm a man who likes to wear women's clothes!" And then I walk slowly away and imagine what she's thinking.

I've shared this many times before, but I wear womens clothes everyday in male mode. The key is to wear things that will go totally unnoticed to the casual eye, mostly unnoticed to the inspection, and uncaring to the "trained observer". The key (to me) is I keep to the muted and "typically male" dark colors. With only one exception all my slacks/pants are black. I do have one pair of slacks that are a light tan/khaki, but again the key is to stick to "male" colors. If the cut of the blouse is blatantly feminine (but I want to wear it anyway), I try to hide it with a wind-breaker or a jacket of some kind. The one thing you can't hide, so I do my best with, is to buy tops/blouses that minimize the focus on the buttons being on the wrong side. Henleys and polos are pretty obvious, but again with a dark color and buttons that are the same color as the shirt (not white as so many tend to be) they pretty much go unnoticed.

One other thing, wear it like you own it....confidence is everything

Wear girl jeans every day, and In the winter girl sweaters, with a little make up. Want to get a pair a cowgirl boots, the ones I want are $300

Quote Originally Posted by annecwesley View Post
    Sometimes I literally half dress - the lower half, I wear a skirt and well concealed feminine underclothes in drab. More and more so in fact. The right style does not draw a lot of attention though "the right style" is not as feminine as one might wish. Nevertheless it does allow one to enjoy the "swish" and tactile joy of satin and nylon. As for woman's jeans? I'm one of those who finds a certain incongruity about wearing a woman's article of clothing patterned after a man's article of clothing – it does nothing for me.

Skirts on a man are becoming less of a no-no. Not only do I occasionally wear a skirt in public, I've seen other men in skirts (and not just the kilt) out and about.
    This pretty much describes my normal style (when I'm not at work.) Given my body shape and lack of hair, it would be a stretch for me to appear "feminine" regardless of what I wear. But it makes me happy, and that's all I care about.

I agree about "women's jeans." From my point of view, they're just trousers, except they fit (even) worse than the ones from the men's aisle. But then, the "look at me! I'm wearing girl's clothes!" shtick has never appealed to me, anyway.

And, yes, I go out in a skirt all the time and have not had any problem. (I don't live in a particularly socially conservative part of the USA, though.)

I am always underdressed. I have also found womens jeans to be more comfortable at work. When it gets cold I put on pantyhose or tights underneath. I have done this for years now and nobody really notices. I have started wearing camis under my shirt and it feels right.

When driving almost always have on my favorite lipstick even in male mode. A bra and inserts every night with girly sleep pants an a t-shirt 3 sizes to big. wear polish on my toes, shaved arm pits and legs. some makeup privately. and anything else i can get away with.

My favorite thing to wear is a camisole under whatever shirt I'm wearing. I also try to get away with the cutest panties possible, which goes totally unnoticed until I get home, then I fail the inspection process. The camis are great for concealing breast growth too. If you're on hormones and you don't want anyone to notice, I definitely recommend wearing a cami. I try to get away with wearing cute purple or pink argyle socks but I get in trouble with those, not in public cuz no one notices, but again when I get home.

I am currently wearing panties, bra, thigh-highs, short slip, sweatshirt, and women's pull-on pants (without a mock fly). This is my customary attire both at home and out in public. Although my wife has bought me panties and nylons, and I don't think the bra is noticable under the shirt and slip, I usually don't wear a bra when I'm with my wife as she (currently) objects to my wearing it although it keeps the straps of the slip on my shoulders. When I'm with family I often wear womens trouser socks, as they're less likely to be noticed than nylons.

I under dress all the time I have never thought about half dressing. That is a great idea. I love getting fully dressed but I usually have a beard and people notice when I shave and I know I always have a bad answer for them.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLane View Post
    I was thinking about this recently, I'm trying to figure out what I could start wearing in public, which is something I've not really tried yet. I hadn't really considered half dressing.

I think jeans and a t-shirt sounds like a more comfortable way to start. Do most people wear a bra and breasts forms with this?
    If you wear a bra and forms in public, you might as well wear whatever else you have. Breasts are the number one identifier of a female.

Now if you don't want to be stared at you can wear women's jeans in male mode. Just buy either blue or black denim and ones with little or no decoration on the pockets. I wear only women's jeans because they fit me better. I might be wearing panties (I do unless I'm going to the doctor), but nobody can see them. I often wear a bra but without forms and only under a shirt that will hide it. I don't wear a bra if I think people will be hugging me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra228 View Post
    I under dress all the time I have never thought about half dressing. That is a great idea. I love getting fully dressed but I usually have a beard and people notice when I shave and I know I always have a bad answer for them.
    Why do you wear a beard if you are a crossdresser? Shave it off and leave it off. You don't nead a reason, but you can just say you got tired of it.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 04-12-2013 at 02:55 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts. try and merge posts with edit when you post so close together thanks
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I almost always wear women’s pull-on pants, panties, a short slip, and thigh-highs or women’s trouser socks. My thigh-highs are sheer black or suntan, and the trouser socks are knee-highs and are black opaque. I would prefer thigh-highs in black opaque, as sheer nylons could be noted as women’s hose although my wife says no one would notice. Wearing a bra does make it less likely for the narrow, non-adjustable straps on the slip to fall off my shoulders, although the slip is a better undershirt than male cotton ones and hides pantly (and pantyhose) tops. I don’t wear a bra in public or with family, especially if hugging is likely.

Contrary to what Lynn Marie says, you can get away with a lot of female touches while in male mode. Just don't wear things that are flowery, ruffley, etc. Today I went shopping in side-zip black slacks, a short-sleeved sweater that zips up the back (topped by a male windbreaker), woman's flats, a shoulder bag (since the slacks have no pockets), woman's cologne and light lipstick. Nobody snickered. Nobody noticed.

When dressing, you have to gauge the effect carefully. If one clue becomes very obvious, suddenly people will see all the clues. It's a challenge to fly under the radar but come very close to it.

Believe it or not, this is my specialty. I love mixing up male and female clothing to make what I call "crossover" outfits. I have my own site on Polyvore that I use to promote my crossover outfits. You guys are more than welcome to check them out if you want. www.khelek.polyvore.com Its basically a hobby that I would love to turn into something more if I ever get the chance. Between staying active on this site and making outfits on that site, it is my release. I cant dress en femme just due to my circumstances so these two sites are my only form of release. I live vicariously through you ladies and the outfits I make