Thread: High Heel Help

High Heel Help

Hi people, I need a little help with walking in high heels. I have recently found a couple of pairs of heels that don't kill my feet in the first two minutes. In the course of trying to learn how to walk in them I have discovered that I am afraid of them breaking. What percentage of your weight do you place on the heel? I find that I tend to walk on the balls of my feet. Is that normal? I feel like any weight on the heel is ok for balance but not for weight bearing.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

You just have to practice. Unless you come down crooked you are not going to hurt the shoes. Put your weight where it is natural. Don't tippie toe. Just wear them and walk around the house for a few hours. They take some getting used to.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Vicky, I weigh 230-235 lbs depending on my cheeseburger consumption in any given week. I have size 10 women's feet. I have stilettos as high as 5 1/2 inches and haven't broken a heel yet, even when putting weight on them. Just keep wearing them and they will seem second nature soon enough. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

I walk full force evenly prolly more on the heel, my line boots would attest to that as I have had to have the heels replaced every 6 months or so or my gaffs would slip out of the heel. (telco/electric ppl know what I'm talking about)

Don't be worried, I know that's difficult to just suddenly do but practice and walk with confidence. I don't know if anyone else does this but I effect a more feminine walk too which I think helps and looks better.

Laura x

I've always heard that you should walk heel, toe in heels, so I imagine they can take a lot of force.

I tries to shorten a pair once, and then I realized that the stilleto part was hard metal.

Heel, toe, heel, toe. Make those babies click!
    "I want you all to call me Loretta." - The Life of Brian

Platinum Member
    Hi Vicky, Just be careful of waxed hardwood floors and loose rugs .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

There are some great videos on you tube. A really great drag queen who passed away a few years ago taught countless girls to walk in heels. Thanks Roxy! Stand absolutely straight, push your boobs out. Take small steps, always landing heel first. Good luck.

P.S. good point Orchid. Hotel lobbies also always seem to have polished marble floors, 200 times slipperier than ice.
    Last edited by I Am Paula; 03-17-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Stiletto heels are normally made of nylon with a steel tube up the middle. They don't break, but they do wear out the heels fairly quickly probably because of our being larger and heavier than most women. The heel pad has a splined rod which fits snugly in that heel tube.

Quote Originally Posted by tgirlceleste View Post
    There are some great videos on you tube. A really great drag queen who passed away a few years ago taught countless girls to walk in heels. Thanks Roxy! Stand absolutely straight, push your boobs out. Take small steps, always landing heel first. Good luck.

P.S. good point Orchid. Hotel lobbies also always seem to have polished marble floors, 200 times slipperier than ice.
    Celeste is right, Vicky.
    At first, I wore low heels like 3", and then I gradually moved to higher heels after I was used to the lower ones.

As Celeste says, you should touch heels first and then your weight should move to the toes. I also weigh over 160 lbs, but the thin and sleek heels of the stilettos are hard enough to withstand my weight. As most girls here says, you should project your hips a little bit behind to stand up straight on high stilettos, and also take a small step at a time. Men usually take larger steps and you would look ugly if you walk like a man in high heels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life in women's dresses, pantyhose, stiletto heels, mini skirts, wigs and gorgeous makeup is so alluring and addictive.
    I wish the day would come when my feminine look is welcomed and I can live as a woman out in public.

I've had more than a few girlfriends (GGs) who hated wearing high heels and would only do it when I insisted. I've worn heels before and they tend to "break in" after you've had them on a bit. But you might want to start with smaller sized heels so your feet have a chance to adjust, then work your way up. The first pair I ever got were 5 inch pumps and they hurt like hell, sitting down in them though helped me to adjust. I think that most CD/TSs when they start want to go full out femme at least when it comes to shoes. But we are used to wearing sneakers, or shoes that are mostly flat on the bottom. It takes time to get used to your feet being in a different position while you're walking.

Aspiring Member
    If its a really thin heel you're wearing, it can make finding your balance a little difficult at first. Try a pair with a slightly thicker heel to get used to it & you'll be comfortable in no time, have fun!

Take shorter than normal steps that is a natural walk for any heels.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    tons of practice is the key. Maybe start off with a shorter heel and walk on carpet to prevent them from sliding out from under you if you walked on a wood or tile floor for practice. In the beginning I walked in nothing above 3" now I can run (if I had to) in 5" heels. I've never had a pair of heels break but I'm all of 165 right now working down another 10lbs thank you very much. As far as how to walk...I just walk heel to toe anyway so I don't give it much thought

I have known a few drag queens who have broken heels but usually they are doing things that normal people won't do in heels (Like spinning on the heels only or walking on the heel only...then again others have worked hard to get them caught somewhere). Good heels won't break under normal usage
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

When you walk in heels...there is a subtle, but neccessary...slight bend at the waist which pushes the buttucks out and the chest slightly forward--thereby balancing the weight over the whole foot again. Don't worry the shoe factories have done a lot to make sure the heel is strong. They don't like to be sued.
    If you use a magnet--you can find out which heels are steel wrapped with leather (or PVC).
    I just checked...my only shoes that had magnetic heels were some tall spiky sandals with pretend cork heels.
    Last edited by JenniferR771; 03-18-2013 at 02:51 PM. Reason: added

I Weigh 150 lbs. wear 4 and 5 inch heel.I walk as I alway do and never had one break. Put them on and walk hun you'll get it girl.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    I have known a few drag queens who have broken heels but usually they are doing things that normal people won't do in heels (Like spinning on the heels only or walking on the heel only...then again others have worked hard to get them caught somewhere). Good heels won't break under normal usage
    Lorileah, how did you know that I broke one of my heels the other time? I once broke a heel while standing on one heel only, of course in my own room (I am a closet cross-dresser). I was really embarrassed and tried to fix it by striking a nail on from the bottom of the shoe, but without avail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life in women's dresses, pantyhose, stiletto heels, mini skirts, wigs and gorgeous makeup is so alluring and addictive.
    I wish the day would come when my feminine look is welcomed and I can live as a woman out in public.

Thanks for all the help. I knew this forum was the place to turn to for excellent advice.

Now that the ski season is almost over, I may be a little more aggressive in practice. My golf game is so bad, a twisted ankle in the summer time could only help.