Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife's Change of Heart

Wife's Change of Heart

My wife and I have been together for 17 years, second marriges for both of us. She went through some serious health issues early in our relationship and I nursed her through it for 3 years while being the sole breadwinner. She knew that I loved wearing women's panties and was fine with that as long as my crossdressing did not go any further, so we kind of settled into a don't ask don't tell relationship with me being allowed to underdress.

Over the past year she has had new health challenges which has left her very weak and unable to work. I changed jobs to be closer to home without any travel so I could earn a living and still take care of her and the house. I work fulltime and spend my evenings and weekends cooking, cleaning and caring for her.

About 2 months ago she sat me down and we had a serious talk. She knows that her condition will not improve and she is grateful that I take such good care of her. She said that while I was at work she had seen in my browser history that I frequented sites such as this along with many women's clothing sites. She went through this forum and had a lot of questions answered. She had always joked about me coming home and being Susie Homemaker and asked about my dressing desires. I told her that I am straight and dedicated to her but that I would like to develop more of Ellen Jo. She asked who that was and I explained that Ellen Jo is my feminine side that allows me to work in a machine shop and come home and become a housewife. She actually laughed and and said that I will be Susie to her and that it is ok for me to dress more feminine. I told her that I did not want to fully dress daily but would like to come home and slip into some flats, with a skirt and maybe a tunic top with a camisole underneath. She said that sounded fine but that some panty hose might look nice. She also said that she was glad that I did not want a bra and boobs. That was something that she is not ready for. She helped me measure and order some nice skirts, cami's and some ballet flats.

Now I come home, shower (shave my legs when needed) and become Susie in the evening. I promised her that I would not go out in public and would keep Susie in the house which is fine with me. I am not passable in anyway, just a man in a skirt puttering around the house doing laundry and cleaning the kitchen. When I am working outside I am wearing jeans and flannel shirts as the man of the house. She noticed that as Susie I do not get as frustrated and am calmer than I use to be. She is thankful for my help and told me that she hopes that Susie will make me happy.

I can't tell you all how much this means to me. I may only have her for a few more years with her (I am 59 and she is 61) and she hopes that this brings me a little happiness in our current situation. Sorry about the long ramble but this event is a complete turnaround for her. I love her so much and am so happy that she is in my life.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Man or woman ...you are so fortunate to have a very loving wife SO that can see what makes you happy. Continue to care and love her to no end cause you know that her days as you have said are really numbered . However prayers and love will carry her through this ordeal for both of you.
    Remember the good Lord doesn't give you anything that you can't handle1...Peace to you boyh and keep the faith...Mykchelle

You are a beautiful person, Ellen Jo.

wow - awesome posting! Really nice to hear that simply wants you to be happy - definitely a special kind of person to have that selfless perspective. Congrats and good luck - I hope you get to make many happy memories together!!

We cannot choose the twists and turns in our lives. I wish you and your wife well in the future.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Gold Member
    EllenJo:
    I can relate to your circumstance. My wife also has health Issues, the last one was a stroke,
    And she is now in a rehab center; try to get her strong enough for me to continue to care
    for her. My wife has gone through just about all you can think of since 2007 when she had
    Kidney failure. We love each other very much, and she knew about my dressing since we met.
    I do stay in the "Closet" but under dress as much as I can. SHE IS MY BEST BUDDY. I do not
    want to think about life with out her.
    Rader

Sorry to hear about your wife's poor health, but I am glad she is looking out for your happiness. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda22 View Post
    I second this. Your story touched my heart, Ellen Jo.
    Reine

That was very moving EllenJo, love is a wonderful thing.

Laura x

Ellen,you are so blessed to have someone like her in your life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Allesha

Glad to hear that the two of you are growing closer even now. So are you Ellen Jo now, or are you Susie now, or both? What do YOU want to be? Also, the admins may be able to help you change your forum name if you'd like!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    My initial thought, from only your thread's title was that your wife accepted and then changed her mind ... so I am so very happy to hear it's the other way around! I agree with the others, you are a wonderful person .... that's true love for you, as I would totally want to do as much as I could for my wife too in a similar situation. I am happy for you that you can dress and be Susie and share this with your wife. Let's hope for the best.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Platinum Member
    Hi EllenJo, There's a special place in Heaven for people like you.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda22 View Post
    IMO Our society doesn't provide enough mental support for those that have to deal with declining health ours or our loved ones.
    It takes a toll on everyone that is involved.
    Wishing you all the best, and ENJOY life as best as you two can.

My prayers for many more years together

Ellen Jo and also Rader,
    My heart goes out to both of you. Having been through the same situation for over 8 years before my SO's death nearly 2 years ago, I understand the heartbreak involved.
    Ellen Jo, I am glad to hear your wife has become more accepting . She must know how much you love her and wants happiness for you. Best of wishes for all of you. Friends, if only online, are a great comfort in these situations.
    Donna
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

You have brought a tear to my eyes.
    I know exactly how you feel, because I love my wife that much as well.
    You both are in my thoughts and I hope that the two of you have a lot more time together.
    Know that the two of you are very blessed to be in each others life and the two of you have something truly wonderful and beautiful.

Love and Hugs,
    Jamie
    Last edited by Emma Beth; 03-18-2013 at 05:08 AM.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    EllenJo

May Gods healing hand touch your wife and the two of you have many more years together. You sound like a selfless person with so much love for your wife.

God Bless you both

Hugs
    Jolene

You are in my heart and both of you are in my prayers. And when my time comes, may I have the fortune to have my place in heaven, Vall Halla, or what ever, next door to you.

Bobbi

Ellen,
    It was nice to read your bio. and as long as you dress to your wife's requirements, ie. wear panty hose probably to cover hairy legs and present nicely Ifeel you willboth be happy. If you want dress a little more extreme in private if need be. Dressing as your wive desires is a good way to go. I wish you well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

What a moving experience to read your post EllenJo, you must be a wonderful person, both loving and caring and have been rewarded with caring and loving wife, my prayers are with you both.

Mandy

Thank you all for your love and support. This forum has helped me in so many ways. My wife learned a great deal when she came here and it had a lot to do with her ability to accept my feminine side. She realized that my feminine side contains the "care taker" in me. We always joked about Susie when I was busy in the house and I guess there is some Nurse Nancy thrown in for good measure. It was here that I learned to watch out for the pink fog that so often sends an accepting spouse running the other way. I am more than happy with our current arrangement and just want to take things one day at a time. I do not dress flashy, just feminine and with that comes some peace.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

EllenJo

I sign off many times with the words peace and love; it would seem to me you have found yours.

Good wishes to you and yours my friend.
    Alyla

I can't even begin to find the words to express the emotions I am having right now because of your story. Your wife is a beautiful person and in my prayers. I'd like her to be around for you for many more years than you currently think possible. Your a great person Ellen susie jo and I wish you all the best.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Looks like your wife reassessed how precious life is, and how much better it is when we are happy. Her letting you be happy (dressing) is a great step for both of you. You get to dress as you wish, and she knows she'll have an ever-doting caretaker. Wish you both the best!
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)