Thread: Something to look forward to

Something to look forward to

I recently told a new friend (whom I went on a date with) about my cding and she is totally excepting of me. She in fact wants to go shopping to see what I would suggest would look good on her. I shared my pic of me dressed at a Bride from a couple years back and then she sent one of herself as a Zombie Bride from a Zombie Pub Crawl. We both got our dresses at Unique Thrift store and she liked my better as it was more fancy. She couldn't even believe it was me at first.

That is when she mentioned an event coming up soon in St. Paul, MN called Twin Cities Bridal March where everyone (including men) are encouraged to wear bridal gowns. She asked if I would join her in the march. Well of course I would as this is an important issue and I get to wear my bridal gown again and spend time with my friend having a good time. She also asked if I would join her and her friends to do a High Heels Dash in May which is how she celebrates her birthday. To be included into this group is an honer for me even if it means I am pigeon-holed as a friend only. I have lots of female friends who support my cding and I am thrilled to add one more great friend who wants to do fun things with me. I can't wait.

pigeon holed as a friend? who said? Maybe she is is asking you to all of these events because she has a general interest? You never know where the road is leading if you don't travel it right? Thanks for sharing your upcoming events
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Platinum Member
    Well, have you asked her out on another date? Seems like a good way to know if you've been pigeon-holed or not. But, I wouldn't let that deter you. Making GG friends is a great way to lay the foundation for a relationship with a GG.

We went out to a Home & Garden Expo since we both enjoy that sort of thing and she invited me to join Pinterest. She wished I was more into sports like her, which I think is a little weird to use as an excuse not to date me. We have a fun time talking and texting each other. She mentioned that she always had hopes of marrying her "Best Friend" so perhaps by being a good friend I can work my way up. I recently started to get my back hair lasered removed and she told me about her hair removal and how nice it feels (she forgot to mention how painful the precedure was but she did mention that gettin the butt was painful for her). So we share a lot of personal details and I hope more to come. I am excited for both events and what it will create between us while also doing something good for others.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 03-18-2013 at 11:00 PM. Reason: the last line had no bearing on your OP

Shelby,
    I hope you get a best friend there.
    I like the idea of a Bridal March. I do not get a lot of opportunities to do that sort of thing.
    Been in a couple of charity runs but that is all.
    Do have a good time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.