Thread: Girls just wanna have fun.......

Girls just wanna have fun.......

Recently in another thread, the question was asked, "why do we think we have to take the show on the road?" This was in response to a suggestion I made to a members concerns about going out in their home town and the repercussions that they might face from doing so.

The bottom line is that rather than marching down the street (alone) with the "TG flag flying high" and our head held proudly in the air, thumbing our nose at the world if they don't like it, tough sh**, many of us occasionally just want to go out and have fun en femme and mingle with others who feel the same way, in an environment that is friendly and safe.

Confrontation is not fun, and while we might occasionally find ourselves in a confrontational situation, I personally try to avoid it. Just kind of takes the fun out of things....ya know? Yeah, we might not be "furthering the cause" and all that, but so what?

Many thanks to the Keystone Conference gals for sharing with us the stories and photos of that event. Sounds like everyone had a great time, and THAT is what it's all about. Taking the show on the road can be a lot of fun, especially at a venue like this, without worry of recognition, or fear of reprisal.

Sometimes, Girls just wanna have fun!
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

Suzanne,
    Confrontation is not fun in my opinion.
    Some of the more assertive folks both male and female want to push their trolley all the way down the mall.
    I do wonder what satisfaction they get with that attitude.
    I am happy to interact and have social intercourse with anyone who wants to reciprocate.
    I even have conversations with the white posts on the side of the road.
    That can be gratifying too.
    As for furthering the cause.
    Not one of the posts has objected to this day.

See, I have fun too.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

A really BIG point to going out, is where you live.
    If you are in a small town or a small community where everyone knows you by your car etc.
    Then going out is also coming out to the community. Even some small communities you would need to drive a distance to be moderately safe of not outing yourself.
    Where if you happen to live in a metro area, just a 5 or 20 min drive can put you into a area where you might be able to dress w/o much fear of anyone giving you a second look.
    And YES IMO I think most of us would like to be able to dress as we want when / where we want w/o the fear of it having a impact on our other life.

My thing is unless there are sideline issues that need TLC, like family, SO, that kind of thing, "just do it" like the old Nike commercials say. Go out, be you with no explanations. I won't show off, nor will I hide behind boxes. I will simply "be". If any confrontation occurs that is beyond verbal, well then, I do conceal carry....

Cheers,

Kalista
    Last edited by Kalista Jameson; 03-19-2013 at 06:29 AM.

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

If you dress and present and behave as you should,then go out and enjoy it without fear. If you don't want to do all of those things properly,then just keep it to a proper venue[fetish event] or keep it privately at home alone or with like minded friends. Pretty simple as I see it..

Quote Originally Posted by ronny0 View Post
    A really BIG point to going out, is where you live.
    If you are in a small town or a small community where everyone knows you by your car etc.
    Then going out is also coming out to the community. Even some small communities you would need to drive a distance to be moderately safe of not outing yourself.
    Where if you happen to live in a metro area, just a 5 or 20 min drive can put you into a area where you might be able to dress w/o much fear of anyone giving you a second look.
    And YES IMO I think most of us would like to be able to dress as we want when / where we want w/o the fear of it having a impact on our other life.
    Bingo! Oceanside, which is where I live now (by mailing address, I actually live on base) is by no means a small town. However, the Marine Corps is a small world......you may know one person and that person knows this person and so on and so forth.....although my fem side has came out before out in town.....my wife and I always worry about that one person that knows me in the Corps seeing me dressed and my career down the drain.

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    Exactly Suzanne,
    It would be wonderful to be Bobbi all day and not have to change when I need to go to the store.
    I'm not into waving any flags, I'd just like to be able to walk in the park, have lunch, or go shopping.
    Someday....
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!