Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clothes - A few inquirires

I have always selected and bought my own clothes.
    My wife has sometimes suggested something I could buy.
    I never wear my wife's clothes we are different sizes and different fashion tastes.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I would say it is a mixture of buying my own clothes and wearing my wife's. At first I had mainly my own clothes because I was a bigger size than her. Now I have lost weight I am wearing more of hers (cheaper than buying new). Also she has put weight on so she has donated certain clothes to me. She does not help me with picking out clothes as our tastes are different. Sometimes she will buy clothes with the intention of sharing.

Maria
    The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies

Banned Read only
    I have worn my wife's outfits from time to time but I prefer to own my own. Her tops are too small for my shoulders but I can wear a few pair of her jeans despite her being so tiny now. She used to wear a size 10, followed by 8 now 4-6 depending on the over priced brand.

Buy my own, wife dresses for comfort and office appropriate whereas I work from home and am not office appropriate.
    I'm too small for her stuff. That sounds wrong, she has bigger boobs and bigger hips.

I still wear my wife's clothes from time to time. She knows I do it and, if anything, would prefer this to me buying my own clothes. Occasionally, she's been okay with me wearing her things when she's around (e.g. sleeping in her nightgown). Practically, this doesn't work well as my wife is tiny, and there's been a few items that were irrecoverable. But, to be fair, I do buy her a lot of clothes, and the clothes that I do wear of hers, she's not so keen on wearing after having kids.

- Becky

I would LOVE to share stuff with my GF, but sizes don't overlap that much. She wouldn't have an issue with it, and has given me several items that don't fit her properly, cycling and thermal wear mostly, but she has banned me trying on some stuff if there is a risk of stretching it.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    My wife and I share occasionally, but it's more like she sees something I bought and steals it. Her stuff is too small for me. Sometimes (maybe once or twice a year) we go shopping together.

I, have my own clothes, me and my wife are different size and also different test. We mostly shopped together and exchange ideas with each other, but she likes hip and sporty stuff where as I like more elegant and more feminine clothing’s. Size wise On the top I am larger than her and in no way fit into her clothes. However, occasionally it's possible to share a skirt except that she hardly wears a skirt!!!

Can we include makeup? I've been divorced for a long time, and my Ex is like 5-6, 170, and 36-DD, with short, muscular calves and thighs, and I'm like 5-11, 150, 38-B (weightlifting pects), and have long bony legs. So, although I cannot say I wouldn't have worn her stuff if it fit, it was such a physical mismatch it was laughable to even consider. Now, makeup, on the other hand: I used to play with her makeup boxes by the hour.

Hello Mermaid

I wouldn't think of handling my (currently imaginary) SO's clothing beyond laundering. To me, that is a privacy violation.

Miriam
    For decades I dressed just in the odd nightgown around the house. Once I started dressing more fully (five years ago), I selected and purchased nearly all my clothes on the web. Shortly after that I met the woman who is now my wife and told her. Since then most of my purchases have been items handed down from her (she lost a lot of weight) or purchased together - often at Goodwill stores. Shopping together, for her and for me (guys stuff and gal stuff), is something that has helped bring us together since the beginning.

She has also helped me to understand and purchase makeup and jewelry, though I do well enough with that now that I rarely need her help anymore.

I wish you well as you work with your SO. It's wonderful that you're so supportive.

Miriam

When I met my wife she found out about me weraring ladys cloths all she said was do not wear hers. Ever since then I buy my own and she has help me buy items, and even got me cloths as gifts.
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StarrOfDelite View Post
    Can we include makeup? I've been divorced for a long time, and my Ex is like 5-6, 170, and 36-DD, with short, muscular calves and thighs, and I'm like 5-11, 150, 38-B (weightlifting pects), and have long bony legs. So, although I cannot say I wouldn't have worn her stuff if it fit, it was such a physical mismatch it was laughable to even consider. Now, makeup, on the other hand: I used to play with her makeup boxes by the hour.
    Good point, Starr, I ought to have mentioned it.

I don't use my fiancee's makeup either; that would be rude, and also unsanitary. Besides, she's a Cover Girl fan, and I use L'Oreal, 'cause I'm worth it. Actually, she's tried a few L'Oreal products herself, and I've gotten a few things from Maybelline (same manufacturer). Still, "separate but equal" is the way to go with makeup cases as well.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    I was wondering for all of you CDers, or GG/SO with CDing partners...

Do you prefer buying your own clothes or do you wear your SO's clothes? Or both?

Does your SO help you with picking out clothes?
    Even if her clothes fit, I wouldn't wear them. She wouldn't like it and her space is respected.

My SO is not involved in my XDing in any way, but I would LOVE to take her shopping for clothes and shoes at Macy's. A positive, cheerful trip to VS with her would be pure joy.

hey mermaid....fun question.we shop together,but since we're different sizes....we buy separate, but help each other with looking. we make it fun esp shoe shopping. make it an outting. I 'll get gifts from her which is always fun to open esp when others are around....."ah gee thanks skinny jeans with prints....should work fine"...lol always fun to watch reactions!!!

I'll buy my own, but sometimes she'll buy me something.

When shopping she'll ask me for advice, more than I will ask her.

Our tastes/styles are quite different, but at times I can find her something she really likes, but wouldn't have considered on her own.

As for sharing, she has a great dislike for sharing her things. It goes back to when she had to share with her sister when young.
    DonnaT

Even if my wife said it is okay, for the most part I would not. Consider what happens if the CDing acceptance goes sour...all of a sudden you are fighting over stretched fabrics and the whole story about he wears my clothing sounds like you were disrespectful to anyone on the side line... besides all that you probably want your own style. Go for making CDing a positive experience for her...let her borrow something of yours instead.
    Chickie