Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Careful who you tell

Thank you girls for all of the support i know this can be hard for some of us, but it is so great to know that I have friends here who care!

Platinum Member
    Hi Felicity, You just can't unring a bell what's done is done.

There's a lot of difference between real friends and acquaintances.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a bad time of it. I've been very lucky with the people I've told but then most of my friends are people who would be accepting of just about anything and those that wouldn't I haven't told. Really it's just a case of properly knowing your friends. Having zipped through the thread I caught that you are a Mormon and I assume that your friends are too. That being the case I would suggest that you sit down with them and point out that crossdressing doesn't necessarily lead to "Worse" things and that you're still the same person they've known all this time, just with another layer. Now I'll not mention the Mormon thing again because I have...issues with religion and this is not the place.

Persevere is the only advice I can give you. The desire the wear womens clothes is not something any of us asked for, in fact life would be a hell of a lot simpler with it. But don't give in to peer pressure and stop doing it if you need to, you'll only end up depressed and resenting everything. Eventually, if they're real friends they will accept this part of you and there willl be no more disapproval. If they don't, well find yourself some new friends because they're not worth your time.

Stacey.

My observation is that "when" and "how" you come out is as important as who you tell. Many of us go through an initial euphoric period - call it pink fog - and assume that even though we're only beginning to come to grips with ourselves, that we're ready to share this wonderful secret with others. And more than one of us has found that we receive a less enthusiastic reception from the person than we expected.

Here's the deal - coming out is a big deal, whether its to a SO, a friend, parent or business associate. And aside from the courage or resolve needed to be honest and open, we need to have a realistic appraisal of the person's need to know, their attitudes towards gender variations, and a worst case scenario. If you haven't given considerable thought to these three things you probably should hold off on telling anyone.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The so called friend that outed you to your parents is the worst of them all IMO.
    I would let them know you won't be having anything to do with them from this point forward.
    I have told a total of 3 friends and thats going to be it.
    They were close enough and were very understanding as I knew they would be.
    The cat is out of the bag so I would say start dressing more the way you want its not going to be any surprise at this point.
    At some point a few of your real friends will come back and be OK with it.
    Sorry this happened to you.
    For all of the ones here that feel you have to tell your friends you CD here is a sad story and proof you better be careful just who you tell.

I've taken different approaches to telling people actually.
    A good amount of my friends are not even the religious type, and when i told them, they thought it was just a little awkward, and didnt want the details.
    I am seen as sort of an odd person by most of my friends, I've always kinda presented as a weirdo, so i tried opening up by saying "i really dont even care how i look at this point, im starting to turn into a girl" or something like that haha.
    I wouldnt say that I've lost close friends from telling them, but i definitely dont have anyone who supports me, which could make this so much more enjoyable...

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I think that we should make up some basic test questions to ask to gage someones acceptability..... or you could have just sat down and watched an episode of RuPaul's Drag Race and listened to their comments about the show? I know from comments from people like one of my employees that he wouldn't be accepting... talking about a guy he used to work with..... "he was a real flamer.... he even wore women's clothes!" yep.... listening to those subtle hints....
    This is a great idea; yet, those test questions will have to be quite subtle to avoid outing ourselves in the first place! Even then, it may not be indicative of how someone else really feels about crossdressing. My ex wife 'passed' all of my 'tests'. She was fine with La Cage, RuPaul, gay co-workers, etc. But when it came to her husband, well, that was completely different. Same with my ex friends. They were perfectly tolerant of other people's behavior as long as it didn't encroach into their own lives. So, short of asking 'Do you have any problem with me dressing up and behaving like a girl?', there probably isn't going to be a perfect solution to this problem.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.