Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Do Women actually like Men who Cross-Dress

my girl friend is the one who started me in it

IMO no! I believe most women like a man that is masculine in all aspects of life. I did though had a GF 20 yrs ago who wanted to dress me up and have a wild time with me! My present GF does not agree with my lifestyle and only mildly tolerates it. I wear panties and womens jeans 24-7 and I always get " oh you're wearing girls underwesr and jeans again" Weird thing is that a few weeks back we were on vaction and shopping at Kohls at the clearance racks when I'm putting panties,sweatpants and jeans into the basket and she didnt say anything. Some of the panties she bought didn't fit she gave me! And I knew as a guy (girl) they wouldn't fit her! ..ooo more for me hahah. It was by far the most strange shopping trip we had so far,

I've found that women are generally accepting and often just treat you like one of the girls. I've come out to a fair few friends now and all have been completely accepting, and the vast majority have been female. That doesn't mean all women will accept it but I think if your female friends are generally nice and open minded people then they are likely to be understanding
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Yeah - some women will rank on crossdressing because its easy, it's safe and ...cowardly. Do you think she'd rank on a gay person? Probably not because they're out, about and proud. It's going to take a lot of guys in the chair next to her before she gets it. Regardless of gender there's lots of d**ks out there. Regardless of whether or not you have one.

I find younger women equally polarizing. Either totally cool or totally defensive of their bastion of "femininity". I think the difference comes down to whether they have those universal qualities of kindliness, empathy, self esteem, and sense of self awareness. Guess who ends up loving a better life?

Yep or at least my wife does.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by SandraInHose View Post
    Do women like men who crossdress?

Not the one I'm married to.
    ....................... mine doesn't either

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    I have the luxury of working in an environment where people bring up topics such as sexual preferences and such things all the time in conversation, and have yet to hear any positive responses from women about crossdressing, and I'm closing in on 40+ years of working in the same (primarily female employee) field.
    Have you ever tried just lesbian clubs? Maybe there may be some women there that may be looking for a beauty w/ a beast. Just wondering since Ive never visited one.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Another thing I'd like to mention, at the risk of having every middle-aged GG on this board mad at me is that many single middle-aged women feel as if they are condemned to be alone for the rest of their lives:
    I truly believe this since Ive seen it and have heard it said by women.

Silver Member
    My wife enjoys that I crossdress.

She actually encouraged me to explore and discover that I liked to crossdress. She challenged me to buy my first purchase - a pair of heels. And she enjoyed that I enjoyed them. She is open minded, confident, strong - but most of all - wants me to be happy in the things that I do. She does not feel threatened. She participates, buys me clothes, does my makeup. CDing improved our intimacy. I am very fortunate.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Another thing I'd like to mention, at the risk of having every middle-aged GG on this board mad at me is that many single middle-aged women feel as if they are condemned to be alone for the rest of their lives:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...dle-aged-women

So in certain situations a middle aged GG might not be initially put off by the crossdressing. If she is lonely and motivated to go out looking for partners, she might be willing to prioritize what is important (a loving mate) and not so important (how he chooses to dress occasionally). As to how many women might be willing to be in a relationship with a full-time TG, this I don't know.
    As someone who dated a middle aged woman when they were young, I would agree with you Reine. I think as we age we tend lose our more superficial requirements for a mate, and that is really a good thing. The girl at 16 who was only interested in some big manly guy on the football team will have much different qualifications when she is 50 and lonely... a man who is a bit "soft" but is devoted and loyal and appreciative may still look attractive all things considered.
    Last edited by Vickie_CDTV; 04-11-2013 at 12:32 AM.

Very rare... I did date a GG who did enjoy my desire's .. But she wasn't straight she was a lesbian and dating a lesbian is short lived for a straight dresser because we do not have the right equipment..I found out later that she to liked to express herself as male after I moved all of her stuff from my house..I found male boxers,cologne and breast wrap.. I moved her out because she had a one night stand with another woman..I don't know what hurt me the most! The one night stand or the lack of the invite !
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

Don't know about other women, (and hopefully I won't be forced to go looking for one anytime soon), but I do know my wife does not like it at all. Working on her tolerating it.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    In my limited experience, the amount of mis-information about crossdressing in the public at large is enormous. It may be different for the group in thier 20's, but for those in the 40+ age range, I've wondered just how much the negative stereotypes play against us? For example, if a straight women is looking for a straight man, and she thinks that all crossdressers dress to attract men sexually, one might see right away why there might be little or no initial interest!

How much is this lack of education playing into the negativity some women have toward a potential CDing mate?

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    Yes. Especially the hot ones. In my experience.

We should all move to Japan, even some of their extreme metal bands go on stage in full make up, very girly hair and dresses etc (Distraught Overlord and Moi Dix Mois being the most obvious ones to me) and the girls love it out there.
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

GG/SO of a CD
    The cross-dressing and whole "femme identitiy" is new to us. So I am not sure if I "like" that yet. I am working on be accepting, but it is something that we are figuring out one step at a time. But I do like when my BF wears lacy panties during sex (occasionally if he wanted to do it all the time that would be another story lol) So I guess my final answer is MAYBE? lol

I personally know about a dozen couples, some married, some just dating. I also know a few wife and wife couples, or those soon to be. So, it can happen.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    My wife enjoys that I crossdress.

She actually encouraged me to explore and discover that I liked to crossdress. She challenged me to buy my first purchase - a pair of heels. And she enjoyed that I enjoyed them. She is open minded, confident, strong - but most of all - wants me to be happy in the things that I do. She does not feel threatened. She participates, buys me clothes, does my makeup. CDing improved our intimacy. I am very fortunate.
    I don't know that my wife "enjoys" my CDing, but she is incredibly supportive and understanding about it. She has bought me things and tries to make time for me to be able to dress because she knows if I don't get to do it for a while, it really affects my mood.

Quote Originally Posted by nylon45 View Post
    One question I do have though is this....Do women and , in particular , straight women actually like crossdressing...
    Some GG's do, though they tend to be bi, not straight. Girls in their 20's & 30's basically. Fewer, the older, more conservative & 'straight-laced'. IMHO anyways.

The answer is yes.

There are plenty of women who would like a fun guy who cross-dresses and is totally cool about it. There just aren't very many who want a closet case who acts like an ass, when he's not acting like a dandy.

If you enjoy cross-dressing then get out there and enjoy it. Don't meet a woman as your drab self (the one you hate to be remember?) and then HOPE she still likes you when you introduce her to 'Nancy'. Be proud of who you are, and you will find somebody who is attracted to who you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

so cool! that is what mos of us hope for.
    Sometimes I just like to wear pretty things, but because I have a penis, we have to use big words to describe it.

The simple answer is YES......

However, one of the main ingredients is that you are not a narcissistic Jerk. I know it sounds harsh but, if you are so wrapped up in your own needs and wants ...you won't find a successful relationship.

Being honest about yourself and what you want is another. You don't have to tell immediately but it should be before things get really serious.

Most women really want a man that is considerate of her needs too, that is honest, loving and somewhat adventurous. Not the typical BAD boy. I myself prefer a NICE guy that is typically geeky.

I totally love my CDing SO he is sooo amaazing. He is an amazing person who just so happens to CD. Being a good person is what gets you in the door. Being honest and considerate keeps you there.

If you want a GG that is accepting w CDing you would want to be fishing in the right pond. Don't go looking for an accepting mate in an ultra-strict religious environment. Pardon my expression but if you seek a woman in a bible thumping heavily religious environment.... chances are you won't find her.

Try searching in places where women are hairdressers, fashion, medical or artsy type environments or on the fringes of the LGBT community. These women are familiar with most everything...they have seen and heard most everything...not much shocks them. Plenty of Fish website is a meat market most people who go there are looking for fun on the run. If you get my drift.

I am totally supportive of my SO's CDing ...I even buy him all kinds of goodies (heels, bras, panties, nails, hose, garter belts, corsets, even a wig) I really enjoy when he dresses and we even have role play. The main thing is he is a really great person. We connect not only on an emotional level but also an intellectual level. We are 2 halves of the same whole.

In other words it is essential that the relationship part has to work before you throw into the mix of CDing. I found out that my SO CDs after we were together for a while. I kinda had a feeling that something was up then I talked to him about it and kinda shoved him out of the closet. I am happy for him because he can accept all of who he is. He is no longer in pain for not accepting that part of him.

Hopefully this was not to long winded or harsh ...if it was I am sorry ...hopefully I haven't bruised anyone’s feelings just trying to be helpful and honest.
    To thine ownself be true.
    Put out into the universe what you would like to receive in return, because it comes back like a boomerange in 3 fold!

Lady Panda, your SO is a very lucky soul.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

short answer is yes. There are GGs who enjoy CDing SOs. Mine is in that catagory. She enjoys and encourages me (not that i need much encouragement) to dress all the time. She is also bi (as am i) so our relationship is a pseudo lesbian one and that works well for both of us. We met when I was dressed so it wasnt something i sprung on her after we'd been together a while. She's also younger than me by a few years. I agree with Panda, if you are looking for a relationship with an understanding GG, dont go looking in conservative circles as you are unlikely to find one (although we might all be surprised). Also, i think you owe it to her to out yourself to her as soon as you deem it "safe". Again doing it after you've become intimate and then finding out that she doesnt like it/support it will only lead to heartache.

i am on a dating site where you can answer 100s of questions to complement your profile.guess what?i was going thru the list the other day and there it was:what do you think about male crossdressers.3 choices for answers you like them-you might tolerate them-no way!i wish there was a search feature to find the right ones!
    where has all the glamour gone?
    marlene dietrich is my idol

Quote Originally Posted by Flent View Post
    Well, as a gg who loves crossdressers and is not in a relationship with one, I can definitely say we’re out there. But even if I’d be thrilled if I met a perfect guy who turned out to be a crossdresser, I wouldn’t seek them out in particular. There are many other things that are more important to me in a relationship. I would never mention my interest unless it came up somehow, which it almost never does. So you really never know, maybe more women are interested than you'd think, though I imagine it's still a minority.
    Hi Flent, your response is quite interesting to me, is great to see that out there are ladies who like the idea of a guy crossdressing from time to time, but I would love to know why is the reason why you will never mention the idea of crossdressing to a guy you are with? thanks

Silver Member
    A lot of great responses and perspectives. There are no absolutes, many variables, different ranges of CD acceptance. Another part of this discussion, however, relates to the CDing behavior that we are asking a woman to like. MTF CDers on this site describe a broad range of range of CDing activities - from periodic pantyhose wearing to 24/7 100% feminine appearance/breasts/electrolysis/hair/fingernails/etc. How can a woman respond that she likes CDers when the range of activities or descriptions of CDing are so broad? Open-minded, adventurous, confident women might look for a kinky partner or someone into fetish wear or someone who appears to have softer, feminine dispositions, etc. Some women will like a man who is a CDer simply because they love their partner and want them to be happy. But if I really think about this question, if I were a woman and asked if I liked men who CDed, I don't think I could give an unqualified answer. Maybe a "maybe". All in all, a fun question and good comments. Thanks.