Thread: Having House Guests this Summer

Having House Guests this Summer

So my bedroom basically looks like a college girls room, with a white dresser, a vanity, purple bed spread, flower decorations, a poster of Marilyn Monroe, etc. The rest of my apartment has feminine decorations as well.

I have house guests coming this summer. In the past I would hide everything, but really, I am not in the mood this time. But it is a coming out of sorts. Especially if I let my close friends house sit.

Never felt the need to come out, but don't really want to hide my stuff either. Why is this even an issue?

I understand. My mother is coming for a week's visit. Pack it up or leave everything as is?

Maybe it's time she knew.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

bedroom doesn't look girly. there is me and my wife. but if it did I would be fine with it it.
    regent,

Quote Originally Posted by Leah Lynn View Post
    I understand. My mother is coming for a week's visit. Pack it up or leave everything as is?

Maybe it's time she knew.
    So what direction do you think you might go in? I sometimes think that since I love wearing these clothes, maybe my mom should just be able to see them. Is it more trouble than it is worth though?

My grandson will possibly be here as well, so I won't be dressing. I don't think it would be okay around the boy. Mom, on the other hand, would probably get a kick out of it.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Leah Lynn View Post
    My grandson will possibly be here as well, so I won't be dressing. I don't think it would be okay around the boy. Mom, on the other hand, would probably get a kick out of it.

Leah
    My niece and nephew may eventually come, though I put it off for at least another year. I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable dressing in front of anyone under 18, but the question still remains: what about my apartment?

Tonya, the SHOE monster! rocketscientist's Avatar
    Hi Taylor! I know exactly what you mean. I have pondered this many times in the recent past. I'm not sure there is any way to hide everything I have anymore. Used to be able to lock it all in a small walk in closet when company came over. Now I have girly stuff all over the house. If friends come over they're gonna see something and then comes the avalanche of questions. Your mileage may vary. Hugs,Tonya
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" = Oscar Wilde

yes, the questions will come, as well as the judgement. what good is it to tell people, if we know that they will judge us?

Why is this even an issue?
    I think you know the answer and you want to walk away from what you really want. Either you change your home into something at least androgynous, or, you don't have house quests.

Of, course you could simply let Taylor Ray be the host in her own home to her house quests and if the house quests are uncomfortable with Taylor Ray, there is always a Motel 6 nearby.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

come out right.
    serve them tea on the patio, while dressed in a cute spring outfit.

as for how YOUR place looks that is up to you, not them.
    do they control your life? purse strings? job?
    true my place does not look all that much like a lady's place. as it is mostly just a hodge-podge of stuff.
    would like it to be far more feminine. but moneys are the problem. and i live in a cave. (day sleeper) so the place is set up more like a london place during the bombing back in WW2. all blacked out. cutting off most all the light from outside.
    but there is a cost benefit as it stays warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.

but i digress.

how do you want your life to be? that is what is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Ray View Post
    Why is this even an issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Ray View Post
    yes, the questions will come, as well as the judgement. what good is it to tell people, if we know that they will judge us?
    It's an issue because you make it one. It's your house decorate anyway you want. As to the judgement and questions. That's what hotels are for.

Look. You may love your parents et al. But if they are going to torment you about this then they don't get to come over. Give them a chance. See what happens. You maybe surprised but always stand your ground. It's your house.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Taylor,
    The time has come to bite the bullet.
    Yep! the decision is yours.
    I hope it goes well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It's your house, they are your guests - no explanation is needed - just be normal, if inquiry is made "I just like my stuff"........................Debra

Banned Read only
    Your guests will likely think you have odd taste for a dude. that's it. Making the leap to cross dresser is just too far for people.

Aspiring Member
    Taylor, you have some choices to make. I don't know what would work for you depending on your comfort levels. If you were to come out as some have suggested, do it sooner than shocking anyone when they enter your apartment. Most of my family knows so if we were to go on a trip our cat sitter would already know about my girly bedroom and all those clothes in the closet that are larger than my wife wears. They'd only need to open my girly closet to see many wigs and breast forms. Then you can also play it safe as others suggested and recommend a local motel.

Cheryl Ann

As said above, it is only an issue if you let it be one. It also greatly depends on whether you are ready to come out now or not. For me it would be an issue because I am not ready and see no reason to come out to anyone right now. How you decorate, like Jennifer said, is one thing. But, if they will be able to see all your feminine clothes, accessories and makeup and have no reason to believe that it all belongs to a female friend of yours, then you are in essence, coming out to them. Your call. The main thing is once out you cannot not put it back in the bottle. Good luck.

Best wishes but IMO you know your situation better than anyone, but once the Genie is out of the bottle it can't be put back in.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Hi Taylor and thanks for sharing.
    You gave me a good laugh. Not laughing at you of course, just laughing about life in general. It's all so silly. It's not YOUR issue. If they have a problem it's THEIR issue. I love your attitude and the decision you've made. My guess is that it will either end your friendship with these people or it will take it to another, more significant level. I can just imagine a conversation like this, "Taylor, why is there so much girl stuff in here?" "Because I like girl stuff. Any other questions?" LOL. You rock, baby. I look forward to reading more about this.
    Veronica

Quote Originally Posted by ArleneRaquel View Post
    once the Genie is out of the bottle it can't be put back in.
    I know, it's a unique situation because on the one hand it is just my house and my stuff and doesn't seem like a big deal; on the other hand, there are clothes and wigs and everything else so the cat will definitely be out of the bag. Most of my close friends know, not because I ever came out, but just by being in my life. Even they don't know the extent of my dressing though, i.e. with the wigs and dresses and shoes and everything.

Interesting how something seemingly mundane like having house guests can bring up so many issues.

Silver Member
    Big question is would you like to be out to your house guests? If so don't make changes. I will guarantee that once something is found some snooping will occur.

It sounds like you might feel like it is time to come out.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    My daughter will be home for a while starting in a few weeks, and today I notices one of Tina's sweaters just lying on a closet shelf...who pile of her clothes hanging in the closet, makeup in the bathroom...

Oh well!

Silver Member
    I had a houseguest stay for a few months - my wife's best friend. She discovered the I CDed even though I was meticulous about hiding and locking everything up. It's almost impossible to hide all your CDing indicators indefinitely if they really live with you. Assume that your guests will discover that you CD. Is that OK? If not, don't have guests.

Her discovery actually turned out to be fun for me - we wore the same shoe size - she was as tall as me - and she liked when I was dressed.

Since they are house guests staying in your home at no cost, you are not obligated to change the way that you live to accommodate them.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    Since they are house guests staying in your home at no cost, you are not obligated to change the way that you live to accommodate them.
    Cost seems to be only one aspect of the situation. There is also the issue of accommodating family and friends. I know some of my family would be uncomfortable and feel awkward being around this lifestyle.
    Last edited by Taylor Ray; 05-18-2013 at 09:41 AM.