Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Women actually like Men who Cross-Dress

My wife likes and enjoys it. I don't dress a lot so she has her man most of the time. She loves everything girly and especially on me at the right times.
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

Wow I must have won the lottery, twice. I have had two women who loved me no matter what I wore.

Of course there are women who like men in feminine clothing. And to respond to Patti...yes I have been attracted to women who present mannish. I look at the person, not the clothing. If I did that I would have so few friends I would be a sad person
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    And to respond to Patti...yes I have been attracted to women who present mannish. I look at the person, not the clothing. If I did that I would have so few friends I would be a sad person
    I applaud you. But as a CDr yourself you are much more apt to be sympathetic/empathetic to other transgendered/CDg individuals. The same cannot and should not be expected for the vast majority of non-transgendered/non-CDg heterosexual women.

For those that do not know any CD's or transgendered males, I would say only a very few would actively look for one. They may accept one if they met them for the first time when they were dressed en femme, or they may accept this side of them if they were emotionally attached and later got the big reveal and were not turned off by it. Otherwise, I am with Karren on this one, very few women are actually interested in being in a relationship with a transgendered [person if they can avoid it (i.e. given the choice early enough in the relationship).

I think my wife loves that I crossdress almost all the time

I'm a Lumberjack & I'm OK
    I think the key point is "straight women". If a woman is completely "straight" (100% straight) then it seems impossible for her to be attrached to a CD. But.... I believe only a small % are actually 100% straight or gay (both men and women), but rather somewhere in the middle. Most people won't admit they might be in the middle due to our society's views. Probably most of the time not even to themselves.

Therefore if you could get a true answer and not what they've been conditioned to think, I'd guess that at least 25% of the women would like us and look forward to having us dressed up.

I'm lucky enough to have a wife that is a bit more open minded than most and could see that even though she is most attracted to men she is also attracted to women sometimes. Having a CD husband gives her the best of both worlds.

Well this straight GG has been with her SO for over 25 years There are women out there who do like cder's and even like their SO's doing it.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Thanks a million for all your replies , they have given me a great deal to think about and , in essence , that was the reason for the initial question I guess

In my experience , a small percentage of women have kinda' accepted it or should I say , gone along with my love of dressing up though , in truth , I do not think I will ever find a girl/woman who would fully embrace it and help me shop or even buy my lingerie/hosiery etc though I keep on dreaming awwww

Cheers , Nylon Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Patti Remick View Post
    I applaud you. But as a CDr yourself you are much more apt to be sympathetic/empathetic to other transgendered/CDg individuals. The same cannot and should not be expected for the vast majority of non-transgendered/non-CDg heterosexual women.
    So basically what you are saying that no one here can actually have a perspective because we are all biased. Then maybe this question would be better posed on Yahoo answers?

What Allie said is the fact. That unless they have an interest in it themselves they won't seek it. It is just like any other dating/attraction thing. If you don't like Martians with purple horns and three eyes, then you probably won't actively seek one. But if you met said alien and got to know them it may be different. In both of my SO's case they were not seeking a TG (I use that term and not "CDr" for a reason in my case) but neither one ran away when I told them. I have not actively been seeking a woman as a romantic partner (actually I was not actively seeking anyone...I have been just living my life now) but every woman who has met "me" (and there are many who have known in in my other persona for years) has been very gracious and accommodating and some have even shown interest.

And when you pose a question and you get an answer, don't argue with the person who answers. If you don't like an answer, don't ask the question. Your personal aversion to mannish women is your aversion. There are many men out in the world who like tomboys, masculine women and yes even FtM cross dressers
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Oh by the way , I meant to say earlier....lol If any straight females of any age would care to chat or exchange mail/letters or better still , perhaps want to get to know me a little more - I would be eternally grateful.......Dave 45 and Hoping :-)

Its all god fun he says , not exactly holding his breath awwww

Banned Read only
    I had a ggfriend years ago who loved it when I dressed (oh the games we played) however my current wife knows I dress and is not thrilled with it but she's still here after knowing for at least 5 years now. She just doesn't want me dressing when she or the kids are home which is ok with me as I dress between 8:30 and 3:30 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    I'll offer my wife's comment to me some time after I came out to her, "It's a little weird but does not bother me at all." In essence, she tolerates rather than "likes" it. I would also say that my wife has embraced my cross dressing but would rather that I was not a cross dresser. Kind of reasonable, actually.
    Jennifer, your wife sounds like mine.
    I think my wife just accepted it after the two of us being repeatredly called ladies, even when i was not dressed.
    I think i recognized her accpetance by the way she referring to me openly as her "special husband" with inferences to my femme side. Provately she calls me a girl with a penis, her teen age daughter (because i am alwasy in her closet and jewelry box) or her sister.
    She has told me that she misses her husband even though I present as male a lot. I try to reassure her that I am not going to have SRS so my not to worry, she will always have her husband, just a sister who raids her closet as part of the package.
    We have shopped together for clothes (if i am going to wear it I want some input into what we buy. She helps me with shoes and make-up so I guess she has accepted me as Dee
    Dressing is 10% Paint and 90% ATTITUDE

There are women whose preference it is to be in sexual relationships with crossdressers and who actively seek them, but I think this is rare. Of the tens of thousands of members who have joined this site, I can only remember a handful of women who joined specifically to find partners.

I think the issue is twofold. One, there are relatively few crossdressers compared to men who have no desire to engage in any form of cross-gender expression. Two, because of the scarcity of CDs, the crossdressing is still misunderstood in our society and therefore deeply closeted. Most GGs just don't know enough about it, and what they do know has been gleaned from the media .... although this might be changing somewhat with younger people and their involvement in cosplay.

About 95% of the population is heterosexual give or take a few percentage points, and it simply does not occur to the majority of hetero women to actively seek men who have alternate gender identities, since by definition (they are hetero), they want to be with men who see themselves as men. Keep in mind that until most people know better, they think that men who wish to appear as women do so in order to attract other men.

However, the rules change when it comes to being kinky in the bedroom. I think that a lot of GGs are open-minded and are willing to engage in bedroom behaviors that float their partners' boats, since doing so is beneficial all around. . But, there are many stories in this forum of wives or girlfriends who initially cool off on the crossdressing when they begin to feel that the need to crossdress goes deeper than mere bedroom frolic, or if the wives/girlfriends feel that the CDing is more sexually appealing their husbands/boyfriends than they are.

And finally (phew!), many GGs (I can't possibly give you a percentage), will go anywhere from acceptance to tolerance of the crossdressing in a partner whom they love. But again, the level of acceptance will vary depending on three things: one, the GG's ability to be open minded, two, the strength with which the CD wishes to crossdress, and three, their ability to talk about it and compromise if they are on two different pages.

Quote Originally Posted by tgirlceleste View Post
    Stand at the bar on a busy night. They will approach you.
    I think this is true as well. A lot of women are curious about it when they see it. I would have been, before I knew my SO. But, I'm guessing that curiosity cannot always be mistaken for sexual attraction, although there are just sooo many more factors that come into play with sexual attraction than just the crossdressing. For example, the CDer's attractiveness (initially), the personality, the sex appeal/sensuality, etc. Some people exude these things whether they crossdress or not.

And also, if a woman knows absolutely nothing about it, if she senses that the CDer at the bar is interested in her as opposed to assuming that he's out there looking for guys, she may just take it that she is in for a fun, kinky night ahead as described earlier. I think that a lot of people are open to a lot of different "sexual possibilities" initially, but then things can also change if they discover it is more than just a kinky thing.

I suppose a good question might be, if there are 50 women in the room, how many of them will approach a CDer at the bar? Most of them? One or three? I've no idea.
    Last edited by ReineD; 03-26-2013 at 03:26 PM.
    Reine

Once again, a very fair and balanced assesment on this issue from a Lady who has spent hundreds of hours on this site. Your observations, research, and understanding of the issues never cease to amaze me.

Thanks Reine!
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    I have known a few so they are out there. I really loved your post Reine.

Green_Eyed_Polock's GG NurseSamGG's Avatar

Rare?

I have received a few PMs and other responses to what I posted earlier. Am I really that rare?? Don't really know the answer to that. All I know is how I feel and how much I enjoy and relish at the thought of my BF CDing or really any male for that matter. I read ReineD's post and from what I understand from reading other posts is that she is very well educated on the lifestyle, I myself being a medical professional even can not claim that I know even a fraction. However, I am responding purely from my emotional and personal preference side.

I would hate this thought because I am so in love with my BF and feel as if we are truly meant to be together, but if anything ever happened to us and we were not together anymore I would truly want another SO in my life who CD. In fact it has crossed my mind before, if something happened to us how on earth would I ever find another SO who CD? Similar to the OP, how on earth do I find a women who is accepting and enjoys my CDing, I guess if that ever happened I'd be in a different boat on the same lake...lol. Like I stated in my original response I knew about my BF CDing way before there was any strong emotional connection or attachment. It was like when he told me of his hobby something in me just lit up and turned on that had been there always and I maybe never really even knew about it until that point.

I don't mean to give anyone false hopes, but I do truly feel that there is someone out there for everyone. Maybe I just feel this way because he is my one, that I am meant to be with him, I don't know I do hope so. All I know is my thoughts and feelings on the matter.

Xoxo...Sam
    Our deepest wishes are the whispers of our authentic selves.....respect them and learn to listen.

GG's can have very different interests from friends to SO's.
    I would assume that if you found a very girly girl, who loved shopping and loved everything about fashion and clothing, and you came to her as a man and said you were into that sort of thing too, I could see that girl wanting to be "girlfriends" with you. but what they want out of a SO is generally a tough protector who will watch out for her and make her feel like a woman.
    So i assume that the most common accepting GG's will maybe like a cross dressers half the time, because sometimes girls just love to be girly. but you may also have to have a masculine side behind that if you expect her to really take you seriously.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    My wife and I had been married for 34 years when we discovered Tina! The overriding emotion for both of us was curiosity, initially. The piece that was really important was sharing what is is like to grow up as a girl, and what Tina needed to learn about it. It's this connection that I think is the strength of a relationship which includes transgenderism. My wife knows that she has her man, still. She also gained a girlfriend (my wife is completely heterosexual) and, as she put it, since I am "two applications running on the same database" even my guy side understands so much more about being a girl!

This brings us back to Reine's discussion above. How do we get the population in general to understand that having a spouse who is inherently interested in all things female and feminine can have real advantages?

I dated one for a year who preferred it. and married one for too many years because she embraced it and somewhat forced it. I have three friends (GG's) That would have no qualms being with a CD.

"There are women out there" - yeah, way out there!
    "Some do, some don't" = very few do, most don't.

I suppose if one cross dresses openly and frequently they will have a greater chance of meeting women that do like CDs. But from what I've seen throughout my life is that women like men that are strong but also have a sensitive side. Also, most women (like most humans) don't understand cross dressing and have no reason to do research on the subject. I think most of us single CDs would love to date someone like ReineD.

Aspiring Member
    I think finding an accepting partner is greatly aided by honesty about who you are and being confident in yourself. Get out there and live your life as you are, and your chances in finding a lover improve considerably over hiding in a closet hoping someone will come knocking on your door.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

Do women like men who crossdress?

Not the one I'm married to.
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

There are many.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Well this straight GG has been with her SO for over 25 years There are women out there who do like cder's and even like their SO's doing it.
    Very true and THIS STRAIGHT GG met her S O right here at this very forum.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

And all this time I thought it was a match made in Heaven! Just kidding Di, it's obvious that you two are perfect together.....I hope it's okay to be a little bit jealous?
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-