Thread: Photos shown to you by coworkers

Banned Read only

Photos shown to you by coworkers

A few days ago, one of the managers at work showed me a photograph of her grandson, who her daughter had put make-up on and in a dress. (He was willing looked happy in the photo).

Have you been shown similar by coworkers?

No, sure haven't.

Makes me wonder, though - since I started out innocently enough, by happily wearing a little makeup and carrying purses around - if there's some predictive factor in this type of thing. Certainly would be hard to establish.
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Hmmm, how old is the child; 3, 5, 10 years old? Older?

I see some trouble for this boy down the road!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Many years ago I worked with a guy who had no shyness in telling us all about his website which had pics of him crossdressed. He wasn't the most popular worker so it's hard to tell if being a CD endeared or affected him at work. Most people just wrote him off as weird regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by mikiarata View Post
    Hmmm, how old is the child; 3, 5, 10 years old? Older?
    I agree, if he's just a toddler he still is learning about gender role or presentation differences. When my boys were little, they loved to mimic the world around them and they played house. This changed when they started school. One of my kids loved shiny things when he was little including bright red polish and anything sparkly, because he loved bright colors and he translated the sparkly things to pirate's treasures. And he loved how tall he was in heels. This is the same boy who looked in the mirror at his shoulder blades every night before bed, hoping that he was beginning to sprout wings.

But, if the manager's grandson is 10 or 12 and enjoying this, he might be headed our way.
    Reine

When I was 3 my mom dressed me as a cowboy. The only thing that came of that was I still love posing for photo shoots.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Yes, and when I showed them mine they were amazed.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    Years ago an employee showed me a photo of her teenage son in a LBD, makeup and heels. Now he wants to be a Marine.

I've never seen anything like that on the job. But if you put it up on vanilla websites they'll get all weird about it. Saying it'll turn him gay and other such nonsense.

Banned Read only
    This week I was reading a news article indicating roles do not become defined until the child starts associating with others in school. Then societal pressures set in. Until then he will feel comfortable playing dress up as a princess and play with Barbie dolls. The girls will do the same. I believe the article was about Hasbro bringing out a gender neutral easy bake oven. The article also indicated sales of Legos by girls was up 30 percent.