Thread: question

question

how many crossdressers feel that they are mistreated by their family just because they are different

I have no problem, but some are ostracized.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

the only people in my family that have found out that i cross dress are my parents.
    the only time i ever get picked on about it is when the conversation gets brought up, but they've never actually seen me dressed so they don't really try to stop me
    other than that, everyone just seems to bypass it

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    My kids don't know but they are grown up so if they see me I will tell them then.
    No sense is telling them now.
    One might have a problem with it the other none at all, but why complicate their lives.

i understand where you ladies are coming from

Silver Member
    Some family and a few true friends know, and were amazed with all my "changes" as I became a more relaxed, accepting individual. Through it all I discovered you must always be comfortable and confident in who YOU are, no matter where you are on the gender scale. Enjoy!

well right now i dont really see myself as a transsexual i see my self really as a bi crossdresser

I've hardly had any contact with my sister for the best part of a year and part of me does wonder if her imagination of my crossdressing has contributed to this.

Maria
    The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies

Well, at first my parents found it weird that I had so much girl's clothes laying around. I told them they were my girlfriend's clothes. After I turned 18 and lived on my own, I told them the true story and they refused to talk to me at all. The day after my birthday, they had called to say happy birthday (after 5 years of no communication). They asked me how I was doing, and I told them I was seeking gender re-assignment. They told me to come over as a girl later in the evening. When I got there, they had pink streamers and everything, presents, and what not. They gave me a lot of make-up, clothing and a few other things.

Sometimes, it may just take time for them to accept you for who you are.
    Last edited by Asp; 03-30-2013 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Forgot a key detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Asp View Post
    Well, at first my parents found it weird that I had so much girl's clothes laying around. I told them they were my girlfriend's clothes. After I turned 18 and lived on my own, I told them the true story and they refused to talk to me at all. The day after my birthday, they had called to say happy birthday (after 5 years of no communication). They asked me how I was doing, and I told them I was seeking gender re-assignment. They told me to come over as a girl later in the evening. When I got there, they had pink streamers and everything, presents, and what not. They gave me a lot of make-up, clothing and a few other things.

Sometimes, it may just take time for them to accept you for who you are.
    This made me smile

i first told my mum and from there ive gone onto more family and plenty of friends,i was suprised how many good reactions i got,suprised many people so far nothing has changed for me in everyday life, sure theyl all become used to the idea and you can live life as you wish

I can't say that I was ever mistreated by family.I was caught the first time at age 5 and a coupla times later on .The subject is never brought up and they never ask about my personal life.
    What perplexes me is I talked to my sister recently about it and my transsexual longings and she never asked any question out of curiousity.

I do feel a disconnect of sorts with my family with the exception of my mother

Silver Member
    I was when I was young yes. Not for being a TV (he didn't know when I was in my youth), but for just being different in general. Of course, I have never got along with my old man to begin with, so it was a convenient weapon to use against me.

Yes like my family they dont know about my whole secret but i feel.a sense of disconnect with them

As far as i know no one else knows except for me and the forum. It's possible my mom may know but if so she has treated me no differently.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I've never been treated any differently since coming out to my immediate family. I guess they considered since my male side is pretty unusual to begin with. The cding thing kind of fits in with everything else that's different and really is not too much of a shocker.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

As far as I know my mom and dad do not know that I crossdress. Dad did catch me once but it was never brought up so I guess he hoped it was just a one time thing, maybe they do know but never said anything. I am at the tale end of a divorce right now so my soon to be ex-wife wanted to my sure our kids knew daddy had a problem, so I told my teenage kids (16 and 19 at the time). My son and I are closers than ever. My daughter is out on her own now but we are not as close as we once were I think she blames me for the break-up. As a result of my life and my family falling apart, I had to have someone to talk to so I told my sister everything. She treats me no different than before, we've even been shopping together. I would also like to say that even though my kids know about this side of me, I do not put this in their face. They have never seen Megan. Thanks for letting me talk little about this.
    Last edited by Megan b; 03-31-2013 at 06:15 PM.

I have had mixed reactions. What really matters though is now I am able to be me.
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

I don't think my parents know that a crossdress, I was caught looking through my sisters underwear drawer once but that's it and all they said is that it was wrong and tried to act like it was nothing.

They don't get to mistreat me because the ones that know have pretty much eliminated contact with me. Of course, that could be considered mistreatment, but it's better than being subject to all kinds of nasty comments on a regular basis, I guess.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.