Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you feel about being considered a "sissy" by both men and women?

Wow! Seems like the word "sissy" has triggered considerable testosterone in the thread. LOL! For the record my vote parallels Jamie001 and Jamiemarion.
    I never new how masculine I was until I tried to be a woman

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    I've always seen sissy as derogatory too. I like dressing but suppressing every aspect of my maleness is ridiculous. For that matter i've always loved women who have had an affinity for sports, the outdoors yet can turn on their girliness. Being a total priss is something i don't want in a SO or in myself.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by EllieOPKS View Post
    Wow! Seems like the word "sissy" has triggered considerable testosterone in the thread.
    Very good point. It doesn't matter what you think, you'll still be considered a sissy by almost anyone who disapproves of cd-ing.
    Get used to it.

Taking offense seems to be a pretty common hobby nowadays, even taking offense on behalf of others even if those others aren't offended (taking offense by proxy?). But taking offense can be understood if someone calls you something you're not. There are such people as sissies, and it would be appropriate to call them sissies. I have sissy dressing sessions, and wouldn't mind if I were called a sissy in such cases. But all crossdressers aren't sissies, and shouldn't be so called. And not everyone from Mississippi is a redneck, but some are and refer to themselves (er...ourselves) as rednecks. It's not derogatory to call a Cajun a coonass, or so I've been told by some coonasses.
    Last edited by NicoleScott; 04-02-2013 at 07:36 AM.

I'm aware of more than one meaning for "sissy."

In mainstream culture, "sissy" is an insult used against boys and men who aren't into being rough and "tough." It's a form of gender policing which gets its power from the misogynistic idea that there is something inherently shameful about being in any way like a girl or woman.

There's also a fashion style called "sissy," which refers to the very decorated and dressy style with lots of lace, ruffles, bows, petticoats, etc., that people like to dress little girls in to make them look decorative and cute; that is what the LD Fashions site is about.

Finally, there's what we might call "sissy fetish." It's about men trying to look like men dressed up as little girls, often babyish ones, often pretending that they have been forced to. Most of the time, it seems to be about humiliation; the thrill comes from the misogynistic idea that there is something shameful about being like a girl and from the idea that being a baby or young child is shameful. BTW, this shouldn't be confused with the "adult little girl" culture, in which adult men and women try to experience the pleasures they imagine little girls enjoy.

I haven't been called a sissy since I was a boy, but if someone did call me a sissy now, it would almost certainly be intended as an insult, and as such, I wouldn't get mad, I would simply feel contempt for them, in the same way that I feel contempt for people who call black people "n*****s". Gendered and racist insults say more about the people who say them than the people they're said about.

On the other hand, I like sissy fashions and don't feel any shame or embarrassment about it. I'd love to have a dress or two like what LD Fashions advertises, although I don't know where I could wear it. I did make a skirt that is a little like that style, and I do wear it to Contra dances.
    Last edited by Asche; 04-01-2013 at 06:48 PM.

I live in the New Orleans Area of Louisiana.
    I AM NOT A SISSY, I consider myself a woman, all woman. Mind, Body, and Soul. I am no "Sissy". That is an insult to me and many others on here. Do "Sissy Boys" exist, yes they do. Those are men who dont want to be a woman 24/7, and want to be degraded. I beleive that is a small percentage of men. No Sissy here.
    Love From Your Sister Michelle
    Flowers are for the Heart, the Mind, and the Soul

If any of my friends or family (other than my Biological Father) consider me a SISSY they have never voiced it to me or anyone else to my knowledge. I'm a man who likes to wear womans clothe's and that is the end of it.

Michelle K

I think the word "sissy" is sexist, and meant to be derogatory and perjorative. I don't like it.
    ...that's coming from someone who has a fetish for the little girl/Sweet Lolita look.

When I'm dressed and out & about as female, I want to be perceived as female. There is nothing weak about that.