Thread: Suzy will miss her little manikin.

Suzy will miss her little manikin.

I sometimes tell you about the little dress shop in my village with the manikin in the window.
    It [she] has different dresses on all the time and some of them are lovely.

So I always take the long way to the shops to see what she has got on.
    One day it’s a dress and on another day it’s a two piece or a wiggle skirt and a nice blouse.

So today I went shopping and I looked in the window to be greeted by empty windows. Yes, the shop has closed down.

I will miss my little manikin.

That's sad, Suzy.

On the other hand, are they selling the fixtures? If so you could have a new roomie.
    "Don't hate me just for wanting to feel beautiful."

Agree about finding out if she is available. You could save her from a life of wearing tawdry clothes in some lesser shoppe.

I had a very similar experience. Many years ago there was a high end dress shop that I would go out of my way to pass. It had four manikins, each in her own showcase window, and they wore the most beautiful dresses. They would smile at me and I would smile at them and then, sadly, one day they were gone.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Should you not be looking for a femmikin?

It reminds me of a film, "The Time Machine," there was a manequin in a shop winow in that, and as time moved on the shop also closed down.

Suzy,
    Put that down as another milestone in your life.
    I have photographed a lot of mine and I lok back on them from time to time.

We always remember the happy moments and some of the sad times as well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Sad to hear, and I know the feeling well. When I moved to the NW side of Chicago, there was a lovely little clothing shop for tall girls right near my home, always checked their window when going past, bought several things there, but it closed a couple years after I found it, just about broke my heart.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Suzy there is a movie called "Mannequin" about a guy who falls in love with with a department store window mannequin. Needless to say she comes to life and they get together and we

presume they live happily ever after.

Vieja

How well I know the feeling. About seven or eight months ago a bridal shop here in my town shut down due to the health of the proprietor. She stocked the most scrumptious dresses and had them displayed in such an intriguing manner. I hope her health is returning and I wish her well. Like you Suzy I made special trips just to ride by there and see what was on display.

Banned Read only
    When I lived in New York as a youth/young adult there were several women's clothing stores on the main shopping street. Some of those female mannequins were adorned with bras, girdles, full body shapewear, slips, stockings, etc. I would walk slowly past those windows and sometimes find that my shoelace was untied, so I'd have to kneel down and tie it.