Thread: Going Out

Going Out

I was feeling risky last night and finally got enough strength to try going out all dressed up. Well kind of. I've been at a hotel that last few days due to extraordinary circumstances. I went out side to smoke and get something from my car in a nightgown, pajama pants (as its freezing in Wisconsin), and heels and all the bells and whistles. I was not as nervous as I thought I would be. On the way back to my room, I walked past a guy who was staring me down hardcore. He was cute so I looked back at him to see him just STARING!

It really gave me a boost of confidence and self-esteem. It was a whole new feeling that felt perfectly natural. One of these days, I'm going to actually go to a store, or the bar or something. All in due time.

Are there any suggestions or comments would be cool.

I live in the New Orleans Area of Louisiana.
    It is a wonderful feeling. Going out in public is just a feeling you cannot describe. It is freedom, it is knowing who you are, and being comfortable with you woman side. I remember a few of my first, a man opened the door to a place I was going to, oh what a feeling. Then I went to this grocery store and a real GG complimented me on my dress, oh I felt so alive.

So, just be true to yourself sweetie, and it will all come naturally. Enjoy Life Girl.
    Love From Your Sister Michelle
    Flowers are for the Heart, the Mind, and the Soul

Aspiring Member
    Alot of people go out dressed first times and pump gasoline in their vehicle, go use a soda machine or walk way over to throw something in a trash can. A mall would be another good place. Believe it or not, I think somewhat busy mall would work to your advantage. You would blend in easier than in a near deserted mall. Most people are so tied up in their lives and busy they dont notice much. Do it on your time and when you are ready...and enjoy!

Silver Member
    Once you do it, in front of other people, you will wonder what took you so long--and the more you do it, the easier it will become
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Silver Member
    Going out "dressed" can be a rush - especially if it is one of the first times! Wherever you go please be certain it is a safe area that you are comfortable in!

Welcome to the 'got passed the door' crowd. I know it was a big step for me and I'm not lookin' back. If you're lookin' to blend, it's going to take some homework. Scout out the next place you want to go 'bout the time you want to be there and see what the rest of the crowd is wearing. If it's a jeans and sneakers crowd, you should be able to get away with jeans and heels with a smart lookin top.

If you don't want to be amongst people, I'd suggest that you find a deserted building to get out walk around and back to the car. Another great place to be alone and yet outside is big ol' cemeteries. I know it sounds creepy but walking there in the day, feels really refreshing...quiet though.

After a while you're up to hitting the mall. Depending on the day of the week will guide you to the outfit you'll need to blend. Also the type of stores. If it's JCP/BCF and the like, it's jeans or maybe a skirt and heels. If it's higher end, then a dress would work just fine...

As always dress to be comfortable and then just head on out.....

Hope this helps.....

Renne......

Waiting for my SO to take me ....i can hardly wait !Live near SF ,with a lot of places to choose from !

oh how I miss this....

Banned Read only
    If you WANT folks to notice, skulk around with your eyes down, looking nervous. And/or while wearing something totally outrageous.

If you want to "PASS" [as in no one says anything negative or doesn't stare or laugh] just act normally and pretend to know what your doing and it's very likely no one will bat an eye... regardless of just how "fully" you choose to dress.

The good news here is you have taken your very first step. It's always the hardest one and they will get ever easier in time.
    Last edited by Wildaboutheels; 04-01-2013 at 10:10 PM. Reason: regardless...added

If anyone feels the need to go out in public, the time is now.

I've been at it for three straight years, plus 3 months (...January 23rd, 2010...I remember that date), It's been a fun ride ever since. ...never got treated mean, got great service at most restaurants, flew under the radar but not always, got manicures/pedicures, worn dresses/heels. The thing is you have to get over your own internalized fears. Though, practicing and nurturing your own presentation will help boost confidence.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 04-01-2013 at 10:33 PM.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    What kind of "stare" was it? Hostile? Admiring? "I can't believe what I see"? "Where can I find cute shoes like that"?

Like Sandra,
    I would always try and interpret the stare.
    He may have been smoking something and had blurred vision.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Well, gee, Asp! I don't think I would walk outside in a nightie, but you get full marks for doing so yourself!

Just make sure you're properly dressed before going to that store or bar. I know all the kids seem to be wearing PJs everywhere, but it's probably not a look we ladies could pull off! And good job!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Quote Originally Posted by sandra-leigh View Post
    What kind of "stare" was it? Hostile? Admiring? "I can't believe what I see"? "Where can I find cute shoes like that"?
    It was like a "Who's that laady? Who's that lady!"

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have had a few of those stares its a nice feeling if they go on and not turn around to follow you.LOL
    Had that happen too but show no fear.

I wish love it when I get no stares and I am just though of as another girl.

I have been dressing less racy and love to just blend in.

I feel better when I blend in.

i can fly under the radar pretty well as i have a slim figure. but what stands out are my long legs, so i use that to my advantage to distract away from my face and upper body by wearing some knee high heeled boots and a short mini skirt with a plaid pattern. (the boots with the plaid gives the illusion of my legs being longer then they actually are) i get comments all the time from GG like "omg i wished i had your legs" and things like that... makes me feel good when i hear things like that. so yeah going out dressed is a rush and the first time is always the best. its like a drug and you try and try to get that first high again. but you have to control yourself if you get too racy in your attire then you will stand out too much and get caught... so i say controlled chaos lol... but yeah congrats on your first outing and be safe always