Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever look at pics of yourself and wonder why you do this?

Each one of us is our own worst critic. I never got to it, but I keep trying to reach that elusive place of "good looking". So much so that I forgot all about just being me. Throw away the mirror and you'll be happier and have more fun with it.

"Who sees the human face correctly: the photographer, the mirror, or the painter?"
    Pablo Picasso

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I don't think I look all that good most of the time but on those rare good days I feel like a million bucks!
    I take lots of pics like most others and only end up with 5 or 10 good enough to post here.
    You are not alone we all feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by cactussteve View Post
    I never really looked at how I look when dressed female. I finally did after I posted some in the pictures section and I'm really wondering why I'm doing this at all. Cause it feels right for one. But man am I ugly.

Gwendolyn
    +1. A lot of us feel that way. But we keep on doing it for exactly that reason, it feels right.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm a skinny, bearded, 60+ y/o old man. But, I'm NOT happy looking like one of those when I dress!

If u REALLY want to look better, Gwen, U CAN!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I seriously think we are our own worst critics but at the same time you just can't help but be. I know my style of dress is good, my overall look body wise but when the head is in the picture I cringe. I have taken 3334 pictures to date (my system auto numbers them ) and 4 videos. Out of the 3334 picture, I have maybe 8 that I really think look good. The videos are a complete wash lol
    Last edited by ~Joanne~; 04-02-2013 at 08:27 PM.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Actually I kind of like most of my pictures. I wouldn't have included a link to my Flickr site had I been embarrassed.

Sometimes it is the outfit that causes an "ugly" appearance. Some outfits look better than others Even my SO has stated that I look more girly in some outfits and others.... well... they are one and done! Try different outfits and you may be surprised.
    Man! I feel like a woman!

Actually whenever I look at pictures of myself I like how I look. Either I've never taken a bad picture or I'm not intelligent enough to know what ugly looks like.

Any of my self images go right to the photo editor for cropping. Even then I keep about 1 in 20. It really is more about what you feel than what you see.

...as I get better at photography, its less about me being ugly and more like ... man that's bad lighting! I think most people can reach some level where they look decent even if they think they don't. Try taking a picture and looking at it again 1-2 week later to see how your perception changes.
    Chickie

I am not photographic and I know I look better than photos just looking in the mirror or receiving compliments tells me this.

Maria
    The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies

There are some manly features that are just really hard to hide.
    I sometimes want to give up when I feel my face is so wide, or that i have the flattest chest possible...
    Just gotta remember that GG's arent perfect looking either, so its ok if you dont look like a model

i would never edit but i do like looking back and seeing how different i am,i mainly notice im more confident dressed up so i see my pics as a reflection of a personal achievement why i never wills top what i do,love it too much x

I guess it depends on what one expects. i'm a 67 year old guy, with a belly... all i can hope for is to look like a fairly attractive old lady egad ..but that's good enough...smooches all jackie
    Jackie

I take the question to be more, "why do I crossdress?", in general. I have to say I often have days when I ask myself that question. Then I have moments when I ask myself, "why in the world wouldn't I want to crossdress?"

It's nothing if not confusing, in my experience.
    --Emeraude

I look at my pics and think "I may not pass, but at least I don't look nearly as bad as I do as a man."
    I got my haircut today and the giant mirror is painful, I hate looking at myself and seeing all those faults and masculine features.

So, I guess it's kinda reverse - I should start to look more feminine all the time.

Since I rarely dress head to toe (usually neck down sans breast forms), on those rare occasions when I do get gussied up with my wife's wig and makeup, a nice dress or skirt/blouse, etc, I really feel that maybe I could pass after all.

Then comes the mirror or the camera, and I'm quickly reminded of that old saying..."just a man in a dress". Actually a middle-aged overweight man in a dress. <sigh>

But I don't ever plan on stopping!
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Banned Read only
    For many years, I used to wonder why I do this. I don't wonder or ponder why anymore. I know this is something that I must do. It's always been with me and always will. I hate it in a lot of ways, but i have learned to love too. No longer hating myself as I once did.

Yea I have a few photos and when I look at them I'm reminded of the line form On the Waterfront... "I coulda been a contender"

I sometimes wonder why...then it occures to me that if I don't I become kinda crabby. I enjoy dressing and putting outfits together. There is a part of me that for some reason just needs to do this.

Mary Tyler Moore wannabe MarinaKirax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IngeInCO View Post
    I like myself better in the mirror than in pictures for sure. My self pics aren't the best.

At the end of the day Gwendolyn, we are guys after all, don't be so hard on yourself.
    I always LOVE lingering over a full length glimpse of myself in a mirror..... but photos, I agree, can be cruel. A few lines, the wrong posture, or lack of a smile, can instantly make me a man in a dress. But I love catching myself in the mirror, and THEN breaking into a smile, and I defy you to look anything but a natural woman for that split second.
    God gave women intuition and femininity. Used properly, the combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I've ever met. Farrah Fawcett

One of the particular things I'm wondering about at the moment is that there are several issues at play.

Hello mirror:

1) Acceptance - do I accept who I am?

2) Performance - am I executing who I am right here right now?

PS - I hope this comes across ok.........

If I'm not wearing my specs when I look into the mirror everything is perfect, with glasses I have my doubts. Actually I usually like my look and I love being female.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

the person I see today in photos, the mirror, or anywhere else, isn't the girl i was 30 years ago for sure....so I just don't look anymore. I was 6'1 and 125-135 pounds wearing an 8/10. Now, I'm 210 and lucky if I find a 16/18 that fits....which means its "vanity sized"

i have done it only a few times with my GF and i would need a lot of work to be able to go out in public i don't know why she though it was hot but i enjoyed it but in no way attractive in my mind