Thread: My first outing en femme

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My first outing en femme

I just had to share. Wednesday night I finally took the plunge and went out dressed. I went to Cato's fashion around 8:15. The store was basically empty with two customers checking out when I entered. The SA came up to me and asked if I needed help. I believe I was passing until I spoke. After browsing I found a few tops that I liked and asked to try them on. The SA said sure. This was the first time trying anything on. Before I had always shoped in drab and could not get the courage up to ask for a dressing room. i would always cop out, when asked If I new "her size". I did not purchase the tops, but it was an amazing experience.

OMG Christy....your first time out and you go shopping!!! Most of us just go for a walk or drive our first time. You go girl....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Silver Member
    Shopping in person is awesome, isn't it? Once you do it you wonder why you ever did online shopping. There is no substitute for trying on that new dress before you commit to buying. And all the SA's I have ever dealt with have been courteous, respectful and genuinely helpful. In a word, professional, as they should be.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Good for you!!
    Great first time for sure.

Christy, the first time is the hardest.
    It eventually works and is as easy as riding a bike.

Oh! I am sorry, can't you ride.

Well then, wear a dress, get a bike, learn both at the same time and kill 2 birds with one stone.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Congratulations on getting out. As you probably realize now, it really doesn't matter if you "passed" or not. The SA obviously didn't mind either way.

No next time venture a bit farther and maybe earlier in the day. Don't be afraid of crowds - they are really our friend. its a lot easier to blend in and a lot more fun to be around others people.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by NV Susan View Post
    OMG Christy....your first time out and you go shopping!!! Most of us just go for a walk or drive our first time. You go girl....
    Agreed, my very first time was @ 2am and I just went for a drive. That was nerve wrecking. I was sure I was going to get pulled over by a cop that knew me. Im glad nothing happened

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Congratulations on getting out. As you probably realize now, it really doesn't matter if you "passed" or not. The SA obviously didn't mind either way.

No next time venture a bit farther and maybe earlier in the day. Don't be afraid of crowds - they are really our friend. its a lot easier to blend in and a lot more fun to be around others people.
    Christy,congratulations and I admire your courage. Kudos Girl
    I ditto you Kim. My next time in femme(Soon I Hope) will be a complete weekend outing and shopping and a movie and dancing and walking around downtown window shopping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZSklx9wKdY

Thank all of you ladies for your kind words. I had actually shopped at this same Catos before in drab(my out fit came from this store). It's difficult to go out earlier Kim. I live in a small (60000) South Georgia city. I hope to be able to go down to Jacksonville or Gainsville Fl this summer. If any ladies have any recommendations for friendly shops in either of these city's I would love yo know.

Congrats. When asked what her size is. I usually respond with My size is a ... I haven't had any problems anywhere. Got a dressing room at Lane Bryant last weekend. I've never shopped en femme. Always drab.

Gwendolyn

Congratulations on your first shopping trip en femme. Shopping drab? Ladies, never ask if you may try something on! Ask where you may try it on.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread