Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you see when you look in the mirror...

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I always like what I see in my mirror after I FINISH dressing. However, since I'm near sited, I don't believe what I see until I review the photos. They lie less than my mirror. But then, I get to EDIT PICS! Ha ha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis.j View Post
    Thanks for all your input ladies. Now if I could just find a solution to my balding head. .. lol
    I can strongly recommend wigs! If you're bald like me, U can never have enuff of them!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    I often avoid looking in the mirror because there is, in real time reality, a the image of a man staring back. When I'm dressed, I have a sense of self esteem seeing the real me.

Cheryl Ann
    Last edited by Cheryl Ann Owens; 04-07-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Well, when I look at myself wearing men's clothing, I see a woman in the wrong body and the wrong clothes. But, I figure there has to be a reason, so I get on with it until I can wear the clothes I want and and be who I really am.

I have explained this to the wife... she gets it and appreciates. She knows who she married, and has occasionally commented that this way we can be married and not have to move to another state. Complimentary plumbing and all that.

Being in man-mode is a pain, but it's acting for me... man-mode is pretending and doing what has to be done until I can relax and be me. I can feign an interest in football and trucks... but when the guys oogle women, I'm usually the one checking out her shoes or sizing up her makeup, then I respond with something like, "yah, that was a great rack... unk, unk." A lot of the time I feel like an undercover agent, secret agent woman... (cue music here)!

Man-mode is what I consider crossdressing, if that makes sense. When I dress in my real wardrobe, I feel normal. I am me. Men's clotehs... meh. I do what I have to to seem like the average guy-next-door.

She jokes that in the next life she will be the man. Maybe she'll sign up for this site.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Emily

We're the ones who start little fires, yet they burn out
    But when they're on the rise, we can't help but shine

And when the wave approaches, take our ashes to the ocean
    Who cares if hell awaits? We're having drinks at heaven's gate

"Modern Jesus" Portugal (The Man)

i usually dont know what to expect when i look in the mirror. i have changed so much over the past year. But it happens what mindset I'm in. If I feel like I'm in Luna mode then i see her looking back. If I'm in boy mode then I see boy me looking back.

I see me. When I'm girl dressed I see me. When i'm boy dressed I see me. They both look and feel like me. Some times I think look ok. Most of the time I think I look meh.

Makeup addict!
    I see a guy popular with the ladies who dresses as one

The first time I took great care with my dress, makeup and wig and just took the time to get everything right I took a picture and when I saw it the picture absolutely freaked me out, then I grinned. I looked so much like my sister it was unreal, I could see my sister looking back at me from the photo.

Hannah

Yes, I think I see more of my female self in the mirror lately. Also I've been feeling a slight twinge that I should be a woman doing the everyday things that I'm doing at that moment...Jaymee

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    New answer for "What do you see when you look in the mirror". My avatar! What you see is what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexis.j View Post
    Thanks for all your input ladies. Now if I could just find a solution to my balding head. .. lol
    I thought that was the easy part. A wig covers a bald head. Perhaps, you don't need a wig cap under it. Isn't that an advantage?

I just finished a long set of plane tips to make it to New Orleans. Why can't more men dress as women? Why is this so hard? So many manly men on these long trips. They seem to fixated on being manly men. Huff and puff and swagger.

I walk confidently with my ladies' clothes under the male dress (the ballet slippers with the big cute bow may be a give away, though) sucking in my gut showing off my nice tits while manly men suck in their guts. For what?

Poor world that allows people to be only one gender. Life's too long to not live it as a girl, sooner or later. Love to you all.
    Last edited by Robbin_Sinclair; 04-24-2013 at 01:40 AM. Reason: changed plausible tits to nice tits.

Since the first time I dressed fully and looked in the mirror I see ME. It is strange, I do not see a man anymore at all. It scared me the first time it happened. I had cleaned all the makeup off, removed the wig taken a shower and it still looked like I had makeup on! I got out the makeup remover wipes and used about 10 of them trying to get it off. No difference. I am used to it now. I look and see a girl with short hair every time. No one else seems to see it so far.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Hi ,

Alexis.

I have no hair ,& dont like wigs , so its headwear. like my pic on the left though most times i wear it around my head like a turbin style , it works very well. & i go over seas like in my pic, i allso have many other scarvs similar ,you could try our cancer soc they do & make headwear for our women

www.headcovers.com/headwear

www.chemosawy.com

www.softhats.com

or you could just buy some scarves as i do, they need to be at least 4 foot across x 24 in's or a 4 x 4 doubled over, & ether knoted or use a hair band at the back.. & its a good look.

...noeleena...

Thanks for all of your replies and advice, much appreciated.

Hose & Heel Loving Divia. Lee Andrews's Avatar
    Looking in a full length mirrror I start at the floor and slowly work my eyes up. Sadly for me I think I look pretty good till I get to the neck and above. Pretty rough from working outdoors for years, not a soft spot on this mug. LOL
    Oh well I still have fun and thats all that counts.
    Trying to come to grips with this lovely thing called Crossdressing.

Thankful there is a place to ask for help.

Used to just see an old fart wearing teen age girl clothes. new wig, glasses, has changed that. Wig was purchased on ebay, the photo name has the ebay item number if anyone wants to look at it there (just right click on the photo, click on 'save as' and you will get the item number, wig I think cost me about $20 and so far has lasted me since last summer). I still avoid mirrors, but at least I don't see 'me' when I casually pass one, now I can at least delude myself that I really have long beautiful hair (instead of the receding hairline with damaged hair that I really have. Wig is this one, it's longer than it looks in the picture:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 04-24-2013 at 09:00 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Alas all I see is a little old fat guy in a dress. LOL!

Vieja

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    When dressed enfemme I see someone who is at peace with herself and having fun. Amazed that she can walk through a mall and be ignored. She is always amazed and smiling at the reflection. Thank you America!

When not dressed I see someone who is at peace with himself because he can get dirty, cuss, spit, fart, tear something apart, put it back together, cut, weld, fix, design, build, ride motorcycle, fly, get the car to start, and do guy things. BUT he knows that he can enjoy the feminine side as he chooses. He has a reflection that looks like he knows something most guys don't.

Neither of the reflections has any regrets.

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    I have seen a woman looking back at me on occasion. This happened the first time I saw how much I resembled my mother and sister, (I actually cried) Lately I don't see the woman inside me looking back at me which makes me sad. I see an ugly man though. I am told I am a good looking guy (on occasion)but I am so much happier when I catch my reflection and Keri is staring back at me.
    I wish I had the courage to just be myself and live my life how I want

Keri makes a great point. I am always amazed at how much I look like my female relatives. Always leaves me feeling happy and sad, at the same time.

Norah

When I look in the mirror I see the troubled look on my face from the confusion. I see a girl who hides who she is for the benefit of those she loves most. I see a beautiful woman and a sad man. And yesterday I saw facial hair that made me freak out and shave immediately when I got home from work! Yuk :-p
    Morgan Lynn Scatterbrain

Banned Read only
    When I look in a mirror I see reality. I see a 'mature' male. No doubt about it. When I have makeup on I still see a 'mature' person. Makeup does not help. I do recall not like being kissed by my 83 year old grandmother because she had more hair on her upper lip than I did at age 16.

Reality really sets in when viewing photos of myself. What the mind wants to see, the mind sees. Pictures do not lie. When en femme around the house I stay away from mirrors with the exception of the very nice full length mirror (at a distance of ten feet or more).

Yes, this is really me! shayleetv's Avatar
    In a bedroom community outside Salt Lake City, Utah.
    It's kind of funny this post coming up when it did, I was just thinking about this. I was in male mode shaving when I realized I wasn't looking at my face ever I was just looking at my features, just parts of my face. Like my cheek that is hard to shave or the log bushy eye brow hairs that should be pulled or whether that hair that grows on the side of my nose needs to be pulled. I hardly ever just look at my face in male mode, but in girl mode it's an entirely different. I do look at the parts that I am working on but when that is over I look at the face I have become. And yes I admire the transformation. When dressing in male mode it is to make sure everything is in its place including the fly zipped. In girl mode checking the clothes and looking at the face. My wife has commented on the way she sees my looking in the mirror in both modes and always gets a chuckle when she says I model in girl mode but never in male mode. after all these years I am still fascinated by the transformation.(I'm about to turn 72)
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt

I just see Yuck,Man wishing to be born a woman.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I tend to see the girl in me most of the time.

When I look in the mirror I see me. A bald male with a strong feminine side. When I look into my eyes in the mirror and look within I see the girl inside that doesn't want to be imprisoned anymore.
    When I am dressed and I look in the mirror, I see a decent looking lady, with some flaws that need refining.

Ciara