Thread: Middle Name?

Middle Name?

So my name is Asp Rodriguez (Asp chosen because of my past and kept my last name the same). I don't have a middle name nor had one at birth. Anyone have any ideas I can use as a middle name or just say middle names can be overrated?
    Last edited by Asp; 04-08-2013 at 04:43 AM. Reason: punctuation fix

You don't really need a middle name, my Grandfather didn't have one. I always use middle names myself en femme. My current one is Megan. My full femme name is Katherine Megan Simmons. I usually pick my names because of the way they flow when you say them.Sometime the name just feels right as well.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I suppose you have ruled out Cleopatra.

Asp Rodriquez. Say it out loud; I'd find something that 1) softens out the hard transition between the p and the R and 2) adds some rhythm. A two-syllable name with vowel on both ends, like

Asp Anna Rodriquez

It may depend on how you pronounce/emphasize Rodriquez and how you say the short-a in Asp.
    Last edited by Lisa Gerrie; 04-08-2013 at 05:25 AM.
    "Don't hate me just for wanting to feel beautiful."

Hi,

Sorry i cant give you a middle name ,What about other members in your family that you may like,

Some people were not given two names though over the years it has been done because many people have the same name first name & cause's a bit of a fuss so a 2nd name was given,

I was given 4 names not includeing our last name. though two are a bit different.
    try this.

noel = no-el , edward, mannfried, Von Reutchthos , Loch-head. the 2nd & 3rd names denoter my Prussian background. though there was a todo i was to have the 2nd & 3rd names first till Mom put her foot down & told bob no bloody way so my first two names were given ,

i was born in 1947. just after the 2nd W W so here because of the German's fighting the english i would have got hell at school i did any way though no one was told of my 3rd & 4th names,

of cause now its noeleena, edwina, Loch-head.

...noeleena...

My parents were so poor they could not afford a middle name for me, so for both my personna's?
    I think my middle name is N/A at least that is what is on some Govt. forms that requires all the bla****n**ks to be filled in.
    I live filling in the blanks.
    They say to me you cant put that there just leave it blank.
    Sometimes it doesn't work for them.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My birth name is George Andrew Atkinson so my girls name is Georgia Drew Atkinson

I think you should go for multiple middle names..... Asp Angel Alexa Renee Rodriguez?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

It took me a long time to come up with a middle name. I wanted to keep my same initials as it made sense for debit cards, signatures etc. Trouble is that many female names end in "a" ie Maria, Andrea, Paula etc and to have a first and middle name both ending in "a" did not sound right. In the end I went for "Abigail".

Regards

Maria Abigail Strange
    The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies

how about "Spen" Asp Spen OK never mind
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    My wife does not have a middle name. Her culture often does not use middle names.

I agree with the first reply, try saying "Asp Rodriguez" out loud. Both the p and the R are voiced consonants and so you have to insert a stop between them. Inserting a middle name that starts and stops with a vowel will greatly improve the euphony. Karen Hutton suggested a bunch of names but one of them would really suit this purpose admirably, how about "Asp Alexa Rodriguez". That can be said out loud with no stops between names, a nice continuous flow.

Hannah

Erin would have a ring to it and help with any headaches. C'mon, say it fast.

Asp Erin is a good Idea but Asp (Iration) Rodriguez says it all. Just punning...

How about

Asp NMN Rodriguez

NMN stands for no middle name
    DonnaT

Ivy
    A.I.R.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Silver Member
    Interesting, I was never given a middle name, and I was the only person I have known that didn't have one. I was named after my father and he didn't have one so I didn't get one either (I later on found out he did at birth but he never used it and the middle name was "lost" in government records back 60-70 years ago.

I did make up a middle name for my female persona.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I think you should go for multiple middle names..... Asp Angel Alexa Renee Rodriguez?
    Well, I have two myself: "Gale" is the middle name my mother would have given me (to go with the first name "Amy") and "Ruth" is from the nickname given to the original Second Life mesh avatar. (Yes, they developed the standard female form first. The standard male form, nicknamed "Ken," came later.)

My full signature has both middle names, but I will drop "Ruth" if I need to use just one middle name. So I could also sign "Amy Gale Tapie," or just "Amy G. Tapie" if needed.

Back to Asp's issue...I like Hannah's suggestion of using vowel sounds on the middle name. How about "Asp Irene Rodriguez"? Or perhaps "Asp Olivia Rodriguez"?

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Ashley, so that makes me Deborah Ashley Kaye.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    An Asp is a snake is it not? So Asp Cottonmouth Rodriguez.
    I'm just joking LOL Just say your name and find whatever fits or flows together.

Thanks for all the responses, and the puns, and jokes (some of them I laughed an excessive amount on). I think I've decided to go with Alexa, as I like the sound of the name, and it goes well with my last name. I appreciate everyone's help.

Make your first name your only name, just pick a really good one, maybe spell it different. Like Cleopatra, Napoleon, Madonna, Prince, Donovan, etc., make it yours and leave it at that. PM coming your way.....
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.