Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do we do this?

Why do we do this?

I'm sat here at the computer clearly dressed as a woman. Like all of us I have tried to stop but there seems to be something in me that insists "thou shalt be a cressdresser". It isn't the most convenient trait to have and I've often wondered why do we do it?

Last night I was reading the March 16th issue of "New Scientist" - a special issue entitled "Secrets of the Body" and on pages 40-41 there is a section about hands. On page 41 I read "Male and female hands differ in another way too. In men the index finger tends to be shorter than the ring finger, whereas in women they are more equal. A study in 2003 by John Manning, now at Swansea University, UK, found that the ratio of these two fingers' lengths reflects the level of testosterone a fetus was exposed to in the womb. Recent research questions this conclusion but hundreds of studies reveal that the ratio is linked with a variety of characteristics, including sexuality. More "masculine" ratios correlate with traits ranging from risk-taking and financial acumen to athleticism and autism."

I was intrigued and checked out my own hand, the index finger on each hand is longer than the ring finger, so by this measure I'd rate, and would have done so from birth, as feminine.

This is a very non-scientific survey, but I wonder if anyone reading this post would mind replying and telling me what you are, i.e. male CD, TS or whatever, or GG or male admirer and compare your index finger with your ring finger on each hand, for me I'd write:-

male crossdresser - index finger longer than ring finger on each hand.

Hannah

Similar article in Discovery only calculating the ratio of the two and correlating certain behaviors with over or less than one. My ring finger clearly shorter than index.

Very interesting. I'm going to look up that article.

My stats, male CD, ring finger equal in length to index. So I have transgendered hands.

Did article say anything about toe length?

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Ok, I will join in, both index and ring fingers are the same length on both hands. Any way they are measured equal describes it. I am a male CD'er. Does the article make any comments about the distance between you nose and ding-a-ling... lol
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Regretfully, the article says nothing about toes and nothing about the distance between "nose and ding-a-ling".

Hannah

hmmmm......my ring fingers are longer than my index fingers.....especially with these nails

Banned Read only
    Ok, my turn. CD..My ring fingers are @ 1/2 inch longer than my index fingers, add another 1/4 inch for my nails

What does that make me?

Male CD, index fingers shorter than ring fingers. I will be inspecting my wife when she gets home from work.

Ok, so the way I'm reading this is in women the ring finger length is more equal to index finger length

I don't have access to this magazine. I'm super curious, did it give any journal articles, references, at the end of the hand section?

Thanks!

I've long suspected that there is a genetic component to our behaviour.

On my right hand the ring finger is slightly longer than the index finger, while on my left hand the ring finger is the longest of the two. I have been crossdressing since I was just about five years old or so. My desire fluctuates from very strong to somewhat mild but I still find it a great pleasure and need. I have also read that stress on the mother can change hormone levels in the womb. I was conceived and carried during war time when stress levels were high. The desire to cross dress is still and enigma.

I started looking up some articles on this topic......

Exposure of testosterone in the uterus.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1104101553.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digit_ratio

Thanks for posting the original topic. A little part of world just fell into place.

Okay, I've now spent a half hour measuring fingers. Looking at my hand from the top, my ring fingers are clearly longer. However, I realized as I moved my hands around, that changed, so I pulled out a ruler and measured. As nearly as I can tell, my ring and index fingers are of equal length.

So now, I can call my wife in and say, "Great news, honey! It's all okay. My index and ring fingers are equal length so I was born to be a crossdresser and we don't have to argue about this anymore!" (Tongue firmly in cheek.)
    --Emeraude

Do you remember phrenology? Reading bumps on the head? It didn't work out so well either. This subject comes up frequently and the results tend to be the same...the measurements are all over the place. Just think, if it were true on Johnny's fourth birthday the doctor says "Gee Mrs Jones, you better lock up your panties because Johnny's fingers indicate he is transgendered." But on the other hand (so to speak) it would make the pre-counciling for GD easy. "Come in sir and put your hand on the table....Ahha! You are right you are a TS!!! ma'am"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

My turn. CD and index fingers slightly longer than ring fingers.

I looked up a few of the articles, and it is kind of all over the place depending on the focus of the studies. I'm getting back to work now.

This is a bit controversial.
    After doing a bit of research online this afternoon I am not going to put a lot of credence in it.

I'll add to my two cents. On my right hand, dominant, they are equal in length. On my left hand the ring finger is slightly longer than the index finger.

My fingers are even on both hands.

The only absolutely certain thing I will say about the fingers is that I have 10....for now. Back to the woodworking.

Banned Read only
    I'm a straight male cross dresser. My index fingers are significantly shorter than my ring fingers.

I think external characteristics would be a difficult measure to find. I am certain that this is a genetic thing, like blue eyes, hetero or homosexuality, bales, etc.

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    I'm a straight male cross dresser. My index fingers are significantly shorter than my ring fingers.
    Same for me... and I've been able to palm a basketball since the age of 12, and I wear a size 13 male shoe. And I've cross-dressed since I was four.

I believe it's all what's between your ears!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Hetero male CD here. Right hand: index and ring fingers nearly equal. Left hand: ring finger clearly longer.

Hetro male cross dresser, index very slightly shorter

Banned Read only
    Bisexual male crossdresser: both index fingers are about 3/8" shorter than their corresponding ring fingers...

Platinum Member
    Hi Hannah, ( Why Do We Do This ) I often ask myself that same question when I look in the mirror some times.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!