I'm sat here at the computer clearly dressed as a woman. Like all of us I have tried to stop but there seems to be something in me that insists "thou shalt be a cressdresser". It isn't the most convenient trait to have and I've often wondered why do we do it?

Last night I was reading the March 16th issue of "New Scientist" - a special issue entitled "Secrets of the Body" and on pages 40-41 there is a section about hands. On page 41 I read "Male and female hands differ in another way too. In men the index finger tends to be shorter than the ring finger, whereas in women they are more equal. A study in 2003 by John Manning, now at Swansea University, UK, found that the ratio of these two fingers' lengths reflects the level of testosterone a fetus was exposed to in the womb. Recent research questions this conclusion but hundreds of studies reveal that the ratio is linked with a variety of characteristics, including sexuality. More "masculine" ratios correlate with traits ranging from risk-taking and financial acumen to athleticism and autism."

I was intrigued and checked out my own hand, the index finger on each hand is longer than the ring finger, so by this measure I'd rate, and would have done so from birth, as feminine.

This is a very non-scientific survey, but I wonder if anyone reading this post would mind replying and telling me what you are, i.e. male CD, TS or whatever, or GG or male admirer and compare your index finger with your ring finger on each hand, for me I'd write:-

male crossdresser - index finger longer than ring finger on each hand.

Hannah