Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saw Celtic Woman concert and drooled over their gowns

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city

Saw Celtic Woman concert and drooled over their gowns

Several Weeks ago I went dressed to the nines-including sexy French heel black seam stockings to the latest Celtic Woman concert-"Believe" as they start their U.S tour. My ticket was $50 and I would have paid double. It was absolutely terrific, but the thing that made me feel truly like a feminine CD was looking at their gorgeous gowns. Very Renaissance like made of gold, silver,emerald green lavender satin with strapless tight fitting bodices with super full flowing skirts with a thousand petticoats or hoops underneath. Would have made Scarlet O'Hara drool, like I did.
    Girl....If you ever get to see them if they come within 50 miles of your city do so... not only for the beautiful Celtic music but lovely dresses.
    Megan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Megan70; 04-08-2013 at 07:50 PM. Reason: added pictures

Love them, everything about them, listen to them all the time have all there cd,

I have been a CW fan since the beginning. I too love the gowns and especially the staging they used while recording the shows in Ireland. Chloe has always set my heart a flutter and Mairead is incredible as she dances with such abandon while never missing a beat on the fiddle. My ONLY issue is that I miss the ORIGINAL cast members so much- especially Lisa Kelly. IMO she is one of the most naturally beautiful women in every aspect I have ever seen and her voice is a direct gift from God.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I love them too.

I love them, they are fabulous singers and dress divinely. But then again there are Irish, so could you expect anything else but perfection ?
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Banned Read only
    Agreed,Irish, Scotch, British... they got whatever it takes to make them suberb. But I can't help but wish I could look that good , much less fit into one of those dresses, Gorgeous!. Check out the pics on my first post.

Exclamation

I am also mesmerized by their fantastic gowns. I wish so much that I were there wearing them.

Platinum Member
    Hi Megan, I always love seeing lovely women dressed in gowns like that.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'll add to the chorus too. Love them, love their dresses so much. At one time my wife didn't like me watching their video's as she though I was lusting after them. Now that she knows the truth about me (starting hormones this month) she knows I'm only lusting after their dresses. Unfortunately they had a concert at two different towns within 60 miles of me but I couldn't make either of them because of visiting family. Still wonder if I should have ditched the family.

AnitaH
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

“It is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog

We have a couple of their DVDs. Well worth the price!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I have a lot of Celtic women.......

CD's......

And DVD's.

Do love the costumes.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Oh I love a good gown. Do you go a bit gaga for awards ceremonies Megan? I looove the Oscars and the Golden Globe red carpets. Gowns ahoy!!
    xxx Chloe xxx

If You Are On The Rainbow Then You Are on the Team

Banned Read only
    Yeah Chloe( nanmed aftrer one of the Celtic women)I go ga-ga at all the awards ceremonies, I am a loyal Oscar awards viewer all my life BUT my only and Intense complaint about the way these lovelies are dressed and are the Hollywood fashion dictators of us woman are that none if them are wearing hosiery anymore and that drives me nuts. I am an avowed nylon stocking (not pantyhose) fetishist and to see these ensembles incomplete without these beauties legs sheathed in 15 denier colored nylon stockings is criminal. Can't stand it. Hope the Celtic women wear Hosiery!

My idea of heaven is a race track with the stands full of women all wearing ball gowns. And me wearing one of those dresses from the gypsy wedding show. The bigger the dress the happier I am. Mine would be the only one with big puffy sleeves though. I love ball gowns so much. Wish they were more in style now.

Gwendolyn

I am completely envious of you right now I love them.. Especially Máiréad Nesbitt amazing fiddle player..

Love their music enjoy watching them perform on PBS (would love to see a live show)

I love them as well. I saw them when thy were in Denver and they were absolutely incredible. I am planning on going to see them this summer again when they come to Red Rocks, the outdoor venue should be an even better show than the indoor they were at last year.

one of them bumped into me here in sydney when they were out here as they came off the stage at a shopping center. she was sooooooo nice and sooooooooo sexy. love the music and droooooooooooooooooooole over them even when im just listening.. is it just me or can you all see their beauty without looking at them????
    shup, sit down and fish!
    The Captain wears the panties on this boat

Aspiring Member Dawna Ellen Bays's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonna View Post
    I am completely envious of you right now I love them.. Especially Máiréad Nesbitt amazing fiddle player..
    Same here...she's SO beautiful!

I can only agree with everyone else. I have been lucky enough to have seen them twice.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristyStarr View Post
    I can only agree with everyone else. I have been lucky enough to have seen them twice.
    http://www.celticwoman.com/tour-dates-2013/

Well here's a little treat for those who haven't seen them but would like too... a URL website of their 2013 U.S TourSchedule. I've already sent personalized tour & specific cities dates to 2 posters here that wanted to see them in the future as they were coming near them soon. I urge anyone to take the time, travel and forget the ticket price to make the effort if they are coming near you, Check it out girls... and enjoy!
    Megan

Quote Originally Posted by sonna View Post
    Ah ha! It IS her, thought I recognized her from Lord of the Dance and Feet of Flames.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Indeed they have beautiful gowns!I love them!

I have been very fortunate to have seen Celtic Woman in person twice in the last few years. The first time, I got to see the original girls, Maeve, Orla, Lisa Kelly, Chloe and Mairead. All of the girls looked beautiful and of course I would love to wear any of the beautiful gowns they were wearing. The second time I was in the first row just inches away from Lynn Hilary who looked absolutely amazing in a gorgeous long white gown. I could not stop staring at Lynn and apparently she noticed me because I caught her eye and she gave me the most beautiful, sweet smile my heart just melted. I wished that I could take her home with me (I can dream, can't I?) and maybe she would let me borrow her gown. Some of the girls are on facebook, I have befriended Orla and Sarah Anne Burke (from the Celtic Woman choir).

I love to see them on TV occasionally and they are in Mpls this Saturday but I already have something planned, otherwise I would love to go and see them while dressed enfemme. I believe it would be a wonderful experience.