Thread: The fun side of finally accepting crossdressing

The fun side of finally accepting crossdressing

I posted about finally accepting crossdressing and not being afraid for my wife to know when I want to. We had a really serious talk about it on a Sunday and we opened up a really good path of communication about what each of us felt and how we percieved the other felt. Out of it I promised not to hide or deny the desire to dress when I felt it. Before I would underdress or dress when she was gone without saying anything. I did not deny or cover up (usually) but I didn't see the need (or I was afraid) to acknowledge when I did it. I swore to myself that I would not fear this any longer. I had been feeling the need for a little girl time for a few days but we had been busy with other things and I hadn't taken the time. Anyways,the next morning when I got up she was up before me and already making coffee. I went to the room where all my clothes are kept (male and female, our house suffers from lack of closet space) and I thought "might as well jump in and see where this goes." I put on my favorite bra and panty set, pulled on a pair of pantyhose and proceded downstairs to get worky clothes out of the wash. She looked at me with a little smile and I said "I promised to not hide from you anymore." We talked about the day a bit and I asked if she might feel like going shopping with me after our farm duties were done. I said I felt like getting "the girl" some things. She said sure, after we get some work done. We went in and stopped for a latte and went to Sally Beauty Supply as I needed a wig head and wanted some fingernails. We had a nice time there looking over and picking things and we both got some goodies. We went to the local Gabriel Bros. next browsing the new inventory (they are a buyout and surplus store and get some really nice high end clothing cheap and they get new stuff every week. We ended up shopping for dresses and shoes. She helped me with suggestions about styles and colors which would look good on me and we had a really fun time together. I ended up with two new dresses and a pair of dressy sandals and she got some more summer clothing as we are getting ready to go south on vacation. She jokingly (I thought) said "Do you want a swimsuit ? We're going to the beach. Lady Di (her name for me) could get out and walk the beach in the evening." I said no, I don't think I can do that yet. That, of course, will lead to another thread. We got home and put our finds in our rooms and finished the day's chores. (to be continued)

Itsounds like a fairytale.
    For it to come true go slowly and present nicely.
    I think an opportunity lost may have been that swimsuit.
    I like night swimming in the confines of the breakwater at Waikiki Beach.
    It is wonderful.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Sounds romantic and awesome.

(yeh. I wouldn't have knocked back the swimsuit either tee hee)
    xxx Chloe xxx

If You Are On The Rainbow Then You Are on the Team

Diane...it sounds like you are a very lucky girl, and don't forget to give your wife a huge hug!

I might as well say it before someone else does....go slow. Her level of acceptance may wax and wane over the coming weeks/months/years. Don't force it on her too much, let her guide a bit.

I know exactly what you mean. We have actually been working on this issue for years. The real sticking point for her is the dishonesty of not telling, not so much the actual crossdressing. Now I think she understands that my hiding and lying were not so much aimed at her as it was my own fears and trying to hide. She would really rather I was the husband she thought she married and not a crossdresser. Right now she doesn't know if we can be more than friends, which is a start back. We have always been each other's best friends and supporters and she doesn't want me out of her life. She is going through the stages that many SO's I've read on here go through. All I can do is continue to be open and honest and show her I am still her husband. Meanwhile I will enjoy the feeling of being accepted as I am, which would have happened long ago if I hadn't been such a chicken.

It turned out that I didn't pass on the suit, in a round about way. We talked about vacation again and I said it did sound like a fun idea to be out on the beach in the evening. We looked at suits on line and talked about my preferences ( I like the "new" retro style one piece suits like the Catalina line at Walmart. They bring back childhood memories.) A couple days later she and my daughter came back from a shopping trip and she said she had something for me to try. You guessed it, she picked me up a suit they found at Gabriels. Sadly it was a little too big. She said there was a smaller one there I might like and we could exchange it. The next day I asked her if she wanted to go in (to town) with me to run errands and we could exchange it. She said "you just stop and do it. Tell them your wife asked you to if you feel funny." I said I guess I will have to learn to do this alone eventually, so off I went. At the service desk I just said "this was too big. My wife said there was a smaller one like it on the rack if it is still there and I could just exchange it." She said "Sure, go ahead and look." You can bet I was jittery at first going through racks of ladies swimsuits all by myself, but I got calmer and calmer as I shuffled through them. I finally found the one she told me about, took it up to the counter, made the exchange and went about the rest of my errands. The world didn't come down on my head and I got through actually shopping for something on my own (as opposed to the old "grab something close and get out of there").
    Last edited by Lorileah; 04-09-2013 at 10:46 AM.

Well done on both honesty with wife and courage to shop alone