Thread: Went Out As A Guy!

Went Out As A Guy!

It felt so weird!

First, there were the clothes. The combination of multi-layer thick cotton briefs and loose fitting pants puts an enormous amout of material between your legs. It's like walking around in a diaper!

And with no purse, everything you want to have with you has to go into pockets. Even just a few things cause these big lumps that shift around when you walk, and you definitely can't carry anything that you absolutely don't need. And a wallet is a complete pain in the a--, literally! How do guys sit on these things?

Oh, and then there are the shoes! Long and wide, big and flat, they feel like you're wearing swim fins! There is no way to be poised nor graceful walking around in swim fins!

I couldn't get rid of my OPI "Royal Flush Blush" manicure but, when necessary, I tried to keep my hands from showing too much.

As it turned out, by the time we arrived at the event in Hollywood, about a half an hour from home, I had to use the restroom. I didn't hesitate as I marched right through the door marked "Mens." It was cleaner than I expected, but as quiet as an undiscovered tomb! No chatter, no giggling, no subtly eyeing each other at the mirror over the sink (there is no separate mirror for checking your hair, etc.). It was all about avoiding eye contact and keeping heads down. Very strange and hostile feeling.

I kinda settled into the role, trying to remember things like "keep your legs apart" (not that hard with all of the bulk between my legs). And all in all it seemed to go pretty well.

We had an opportunity to spend a little time with Debbie Reynolds. She is as beautiful, as vivacious, and as funny as ever.

A couple of the things she said, "At my age, while I live in Burbank, my boobs live in San Pedro!"

And, telling a story about a director she really didn't like working with, "So one day the crew ran over him with a camera, a really big one on a dolly. I thought it was really sweet of them."

All in all, a very delightful evening. I may try it again sometime!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 04-10-2013 at 06:04 AM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Weren't you afraid of what people would think? Did you see people look at you and then whisper to someone else? Did anyone giggle?
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Hmmm! Now you know how a guy feels.

Was there some reason for not underdressing?

Or was it an exercise so you won't FORGET.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Well, it's nice to see you haven't totally forgotten how.

Kathi

Good for you. Now you see what us part timers have to put up with every day!!!

Silver Member
    Its weird, and stupid, but I have thought about doing that, just to see what it would feel like now, dressing and trying to pass as a guy. Make sure I don't like it! Definitely would have to do it out of town where no one knows me though.

Aspiring Member
    It would be difficult for me, I don't have any mens' clothes. Perhaps I could go shopping, but what if the sales assistant thought the clothes were for me! Perhaps I could make up a fictitious boyfriend and say they were a present?

Wink Can't wait....

....until my first time out. I'm still very closeted & looking for someone to dress with. My femme side is so strong & I don't think Incan remain "inside" anymore!

it is a slippery slope... You may start watching sports and eating with your fingers
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

If not for Debbie Reynolds this would have been a dreadful night! You were very brave and have set a precedent for all of us. I've heard that whistling is a common practice in the men's room is that true?

Watch out! Next thing you will get a hobby like civil war reenacting and have to run around in wool, with guns and all that stuff. (try to do that with long nails.)
    joank
    Southern California

There's only one person I'm not out to. My uber redneck father in law. Luckily I only see him thrice a year. Saturday was one of them.
    I still wore girl jeans, took off the nail polish (I have gel nails, so I kept my hands in my pockets alot, but so do guys), put my hair in a little pony tail, and donned my last remaining T-shirt. I felt really out of place in my own house. Then, to make things worse, he wouldn't leave. I had to go pick up my truck before the shop closed, I needed it sunday. I pushed him out at ten to five. No time to change. My wife drove me to the garage,and I ran in there, all ugly in makeshift guy mode, and carrying my purse. As I was paying for the repairs, the owner looked me up and down, and said "You make a much prettier woman". Made a crappy day worth while.-Celeste

If you don't need to get into guy clothes...don't. They're really cumbersome.

Platinum Member
    I do it all the time, and honestly, no one notices that I'm dressed like a man. Its much easier than we might think. I encourage everyone to try it once in a while to see just how utterly boring it is!

That's just sick! And disgusting! Are you some kind of pervert????

Just kidding!!!!!

Unfortunately I still have to work in guy (yech!) mode, so I feel your pain.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Talking Thanks, Barbara! I really enjoy your; guy, to girl, to guy posts!

No one else tells us anything about what it feels like to be TS and have to return to drab for an occasion trip out.

As a CD, I LOVE reading about a perspective I will never experience!

I LOVED Debbie Reynolds, by the by. What a lovely woman, actress, and person!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

been so long i had forgotten what it was like in mens clothing. not turning back.
    i love my frills.

skimpy undies and tight jeans but living in a skirt is best.

but why dress as a guy?

Platinum Member
    Going out as a guy is like riding a bike once you've done it you never forget how to do it.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I know how you feel. I had to dress as a guy today.... took me 4 minutes to pick out my pants, polo shirt and shoes (only two choices brown or black) and get dress. A quick come of the hair, brush the teeth and I was out the door in under 10 minutes... What a rush. I don't think I even looked in a mirror...

In fact it's kind of the same outfits that most of the male AND females wear 'round these parts. I haven't seen a pair of heels since I went to the attorney's office.... LOL..

Renne.....

Try reloading a muzzle loader with nails !
    Quote Originally Posted by joank View Post
    Watch out! Next thing you will get a hobby like civil war reenacting and have to run around in wool, with guns and all that stuff. (try to do that with long nails.)

You got to meet Debbie Reynolds? I'm jealous. I love her.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Going out as a guy is like riding a bike once you've done it you never forget how to do it.
    I disagree. It's the nuances we lose. Like...never use the word nuance. Or always remember to ask someone to pull your finger when you're gonna fart. When the boys are over, don't say 'would anybody like a drink? I have an icy cold bottle of chablis'.

I just love your sense of humor! Hugs - Diane
    -/-./-..- !!!
    Hugs - Diane

I do it a lot - and frankly I don't care what anyone thinks!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Hi,

Male mode or bob mode. no idear, the best i can do is overalls im not bothered, they are orange though im trying to get some lovey pink ones ...eh... well i am a woman so...what else am i to do. black. no thanks . only if its my skirts, or top's,

To day was lovely & sunny so it was a shurte , dam cant even spell that word male talk. if id said tee top id be okay ....okay shirt... got it.& shorts with my sunhat,doing repares to my friends shed roof & timber rails, oh = lumber. & yes i wear my pinny .& theres her kitchen joinery to do so ill be there for a bit yet,

Sorry Doc = 15,

I cant tell ya much on that score, never went that road,
    as to clothes all i can do is for our son & wife or more for thier son is dress in my shorts a tee top sunhat snekers no makeup or earings just so to keep the peace, mind you everything is womens not that they would know only Jos & i , yet when iv been down the roads my women friends thought i was dressed lovely, so trying this male caper sure does not work for me, oh well thats life,

...noeleena...