Thread: Wish I was wearing a ball gown right now

Wish I was wearing a ball gown right now

Sitting her in my chair at work, I think how amazing it would be to be sitting here with a dress spread out all around me down to the floor. Puffy sleeves on my shoulders. The feel of satin and tulle and organza. The rustling of the skirt and crinoline as I move around. Ahhh someday. Well, really never. But I can dream right?

Gwendolyn

And what a nice dream. Can I share it with you?
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

It is wonderful to day dream.........
    I feel the same as you......
    Now! get back to work.
    After you file your nails you can file the rest in that basket.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Sure you can share. Most days, this day dreaming is the most active thing I'll do all day. Not many sales means not much work for me.

Lady Catherine, The dress in your avatar would be a perfect one to start with. I would make the sleeves puffier and up on the shoulder. I have to be able to see them. But what a way to spend the day.

Gwendolyn
    Last edited by Gwinnie; 04-10-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Well, you've got ME confused! Why dream it? Live it! They sell custom mail order ball gowns for very little money now. Order one and get your girls on, ladies. What's stopping u?

Here's one of me from way back in the day. Thanks for the reminder. I need a get a really fancy new ball gown for special occasions!

3_2_2006 7_16 AM_0001.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm with you,girlfriend. My job requires me to spend hours on a bus with 9 guys and days,sometimes weeks in pure drab. I spend most of that time daydreaming of just such things. Barbara Maria

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Check this post out of mine in thread further down on Celtic Woman ball gown with photos. post #1
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...66#post3163466

Now thats what you're talking about sister!
    Last edited by Megan70; 04-10-2013 at 10:16 PM.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Ooh! I would want Sarah Brightman's gown!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i86lIrzW3fY

(And I wouldn't mind having her voice either...)

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I saw that thread. I posted in it too. I was watching that dumb gypsy show last night and watching the girls have to be pushed through doorways and into cars cause their dresses wouldn't fit. What a wonderful problem to have that would be. The one dress was 90lbs. I think I could handle that. :-)

Silver Member
    Watching girls go through proms and weddings it is interesting that they seldom try them on again after the event. I know several women who wear formals several times a year and while they work at getting the right one for the event they seem to not be interested in it afterwards. Younger girls sometimes like to try on dresses to see what they might look like when old enough to go to events, but it is not the same as many of us.

I've been lucky enough to try on and wear several wedding dresses and yes they are fun, but then they are not easy to get around in.

I don't need to get around anywhere. I'm just sitting here. :-) But it would be so fun to be able to look at my dress 6 feet out from me and know that that is still part of my dress. Heh, I want to take up the whole space.

Gwendolyn

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwinnie View Post
    Sitting her in my chair at work, I think how amazing it would be to be sitting here with a dress spread out all around me down to the floor. Puffy sleeves on my shoulders. The feel of satin and tulle and organza. The rustling of the skirt and crinoline as I move around. Ahhh someday. Well, really never. But I can dream right?

Gwendolyn
    Me, too Nothing like the feel of satin over a petticoat with puffed sleeves--and don't forget the matching cloves and shoes
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

I tried on a nice ball gown in a store a couple days ago. Big puffy dress with lost of crinolin, corset, I looked so nice, the saleslady even asked the other saleslady to check me out . But $600 and no place to wear it too, I had to pass. Oh the dream of going to the ball and dancing in a dress like that...

I just tried on some gowns yesterday and posted in the pictures section. I got to try on Belle's dress from Beauty and the Beast that I borrowed from a local theater company owner. She's gonna lend me the Belle wig when I visit her. I loved the feeling of the dress but with the big hoops underneath it was a weird feeling wearing a dress but it not swishing around my legs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh, I love ball gowns!
    I'm always a woman!

Aspiring Member
    Shelby, that is ONE beautiful gown! I have worn a wedding gown and a bridesmaids gown. What kills me is that I have nowhere to go to enjoy an occasion and to show it off!

Cheryl