Thread: The OOPS moment!

Aspiring Member

The OOPS moment!

Share if you dare!

Last year in the summer my mother-in-law stopped by. My wife met her out on the deck and they both sat to talk. Me, totally oblivious, (That'll be my new name! LOL!) walked out wearing a regular guy T-shirt WITH my denim capri pants and pink flip-flops! I sat down too to join the conversation. After mom-in-law left, I apologized to my wife. She said, "What's done is done." We never heard anything after that and MIL is still acting the same. I think I outed myself!

Share your funny stories here!

Cheryl Ann

I think my sister in law knows, she helped me dress up one halloween, she did my makeup. I put on the costume and wore pantyhose, she busted me by me not being shocked/first time pantyhose experience. Later we were walking fast and she says "you sure walk in heels pretty well" I replied that they weren't that high but when we looked down they were about 4" shoes. Also we purchased the shoes without me trying them on and they fit just fine.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I'm not sure you outed anything except being a little weird! Look at it from her perspective, or anyone else's: isn't someone close to you being transgendered the last possible thought they would have?

Aspiring Member
    Good points! Yes, I could be perceived as being a little wierd or just being comfortable since it was a hot day. (???)

Kimberly, that reminds me of a Haloween party dressed and fully made up where I was just too comfortable and it didn't seem like I was in a "costume" to those in the rest of the party.

So what?! I don't care at this point! I'm a girl and loving being ME!

Cheryl Ann

I do not buy into you being totally oblivious to the situation. Sorry. But I just don't see that you somehow forgot or did not take notice of your presentation before going out to meet your wife and mother-in-law on the deck. I think you did it intentionally. I mean, one just doesn't all of a sudden fall into oblivious la-la land like that before their mother-in-law. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I say OWN it! Obviously, you WANT to. And clearly, at least on a subconscious level, if not an entirely conscious level, desire her to know, otherwise it would not have gone down that way. It's all on you, and how you choose to proceed forward in the face of this is up to you. Don't color it as anything else other than what it is. :-)

Aspiring Member
    Anne, I JUST wasn't thinking at the time! It happened really quick without me thinking I should have slipped on my regular guy jeans. I'm SO totally comfortable being myself that my being is second nature around here and I just went along with it. Maybe there is a part of me who sub-consciously wanted to come out? That I don't know. I DO want to come out to others just to relieve my stress and anxiety though! And I have done that. My MIL didn't bat an eyelash. Maybe she already knows? She's 80 and I don't plan to talk with her about this.

Cheryl Ann

Shared laundry facility If they haven't figured it out, I'm sure they certainly suspect something ain't right in china town. A single guy just doesn't have that much pink floating around in the laundry (side loaders with the window...). And always fun having to pick things out of the wash that can't be dried while someone else is in there with me, cause my guy clothes I could care less, but women's clothes are more delicate and need to be cared for.

My 2 actual instances:

1) Taking with a neighbor girl inside my condo. I was wearing guys clothes, just pants and a tshirt, but had these black socks on from VS. The have a pink band up around the knee that said PINK, but otherwise just looked like black socks. Forgot the soles also said Pink and as she was leaving the cat tried to run out the door so I put my foot out to stop him. She stuck her head back in the door and said "I like your pink socks" then left really quick. She's cool though, nothing weird or awkward

2) I'm always very careful about tracking packages and being able to answer the door appropriately. The other day I was chilling out folding laundry in women's capri yoga type pants with a VS embalm on the thigh of the pant and an orange t-shirt with metallic logo. Well... package arrived a day early. Knock at the door threw me off as I don't get unexpected visitors, and UPS always knocks with such authority, lol. Threw a t-shirt on, but didn't have time to do anything about the pants. UPS guy didn't even flinch! To be fair, I live in a mostly gay neighborhood, and I'm sure he see's a lot weirder stuff than I could ever show him, lol. He'd probably be a fun guy to have a beer with now that I think about it.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    My very first time being busted (or so I thought) was when I went to a Halloween party as a French Maid. I wore a cute, but very short, frilly black and white maids dress with fishnets and 4" stiletto high heels. Like others have said, I immediately got comments from the GGs about how well I was walking in those heels (a bit "too well" they said) another GG said my wig looked "too convincing" and the guy who was hosting the party who I was good friends with said in a loud to voice to anyone who was listening, "... he even moves differently in those clothes!" Ooops! ... I think my secret was out!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I was wearing pantyhose, skirt and my GF top when my mom entered my room. I had my sheets up, but she saw the sleeve of the top and thought it was a funny shirt. Ah well. Haven't CDed in a while now that I think about it
    I think I feel more like Natalie than I do Kat. I think from this point I will go by Natalie.

Part of a recently ended relationship where a reason why it ended was my crossdressing.

lol....Glad i have a wife who dresses me up for her !!

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    My very first time being busted (or so I thought) was when I went to a Halloween party as a French Maid. I wore a cute, but very short, frilly black and white maids dress with fishnets and 4" stiletto high heels. Like others have said, I immediately got comments from the GGs about how well I was walking in those heels (a bit "too well" they said) another GG said my wig looked "too convincing" and the guy who was hosting the party who I was good friends with said in a loud to voice to anyone who was listening, "... he even moves differently in those clothes!" Ooops! ... I think my secret was out!
    Rachel, that's a cute story! I did a Haloween party in the long green dress my sister-in-law wore as maid of honor for my wedding! LOL! It was awesome when a guy pulled me onto the dance floor! I wanted to go home with him!

To all---I've gotten beyond the point of what people might think. My friend who has had SRS feels the same. We DON'T care! I order clothes via mail, have gone shopping with my friend Sue, and I'm living and loving life!!!

I'm tired of worrying about who is thinking what.

Cheryl Ann

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2345 View Post
    I do not buy into you being totally oblivious to the situation. Sorry. But I just don't see that you somehow forgot or did not take notice of your presentation before going out to meet your wife and mother-in-law on the deck. I think you did it intentionally. I mean, one just doesn't all of a sudden fall into oblivious la-la land like that before their mother-in-law. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I say OWN it! Obviously, you WANT to. And clearly, at least on a subconscious level, if not an entirely conscious level, desire her to know, otherwise it would not have gone down that way. It's all on you, and how you choose to proceed forward in the face of this is up to you. Don't color it as anything else other than what it is. :-)
    I can kind of buy in to it if she was unexpected visit. I'm so comfortable dressing that sometimes forget it and answer door or head out some where and suddenly realize what I'm wearing. Like OP usually just casual fem jeans tops short shorts and under dressed of course.

My OOPS moment was at a workday at church, fix-up, clean up day. Wore some jeans I had picked up at goodwill next door to church a while back. Well as luck would have it, one of the young ladies 8 yr old daughters at lunch, shouted out, those were my mom's jeans she gave to goodwill, I remembered her patching the leg. OOPS biggie.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I was at a friends shop hanging out one day and had on those short socks with pink trim around the top.
    I had my legs crossed and the office secretary noticed and pulled my pant leg up.she said cute socks honey in a more ha ha funny way and all the guys saw it and laughed.
    I said damn they are just socks whats the big deal?
    Another time at the same shop one of the guys said "are those girls jeans you have on"? laughter ensued so I said you know what guys I don't care what you think at least my jeans fit properly and are not so baggy and look like you bought them from the tent and awning place down the street. I'm snarky like that.LOL.
    The same guy was going on and on about my jeans and saying how gay they were and that only a gay guy would wear womens jeans.
    The discussion ended up in the middle of the shop in front of everyone.
    I said who's gay here hoss you have your ear pierced in two places on the left ear and EVERBODY here knows the left ear is the ear gay guys get pierced.
    Are my ears pierced? No, you hair is in a ponytail with a blue scrunci is my hair in a ponytail No so whos the gay one now?
    He tried to laugh it off but the crew was howling with laughter.
    I have noticed his jeans are tighter now maybe I got thru to him or maybe his GF made him quit wearing baggy jeans.IDK.

Wilt575 that was a huge oops moment !! No climbing out of that hole LOL
    Last edited by Tracii G; 04-11-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Aspiring Member
    I just bought two pairs of 2-pocket tall stretch waist jeans from Woman Within. I tried them on and they fit well. My wife is going to hem them though because I'm not THAT tall even at 6-2 with a 34" inseam! I can't help who I am nor can I wear guys jeans because I really DO look pregnant. Anyone else needs to get over it!!!

Cheryl Ann

Went to a customers house once, She answered the door...wearing the EXACT same black blouse I had on, similar black slacks and same shoes. We chatted amicably, I did my job, finished and left. I was a bit bothered and then it happened...customer feedback from the client (those are rarely good). This one?..

"Very professional presentation and appearance... knew his stuff".

smokin......

Silver Member
    At a bus stop while waiting on the bus to arrive a girl looked across at me and announced, you have on the same pants I do, in a loud voice. I said maybe the same material but not the same. It was pretty obvious they were hip huggers with flared legs and all. She asked where I got them and I said I don't know. She said, You got them at K-mart didn't you? Caught, but she dropped it at that point. Would have talked more to her, but she had 3 young rednecks hanging around trying to impress her.

I bent over one morning to take some rolls out of the oven, my daughter( 5 at the time) said dad why do you have on mommies underwear. The wife was not to happy. That was one of her rules when I came out (kids were not to know). Luckily my daughter never said anything else. From then on I made sure to chance from panties back to my boy briefs as soon as I awake.

We were returning from a nine hour car trip and my neck was hurting so my wife called the chiropractor and he said to just stop by on the way home. We got into the office and I realized that I was wearing a bra. I told my wife, then went into the restroom, took it off, and stuffed it into my pant's pocket. Then I walked out to the car, tossed the bra into the back seat and went back in for my adjustment.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Was getting dressed to go out, en femme, there was a change of plans and it was a quick change to a mens jumper, looked good, forgot the gold chain around my neck and the slight bulge that the bras gave under the blouse and jumper.
    Womens jeans and mens slipon shoes did not help either.

After being mammed a few times the wife suggested a little makeup and redo the hair.
    Bought another jumper and a shoulder bag and a packet of tissues to replace the silicone that was not there.
    Scrubbed up better as a woman than a man that day.
    I wonder why I changed in the first place.
    OOps.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Beverly,

Your wife didn't notice before you left home?

From time to time I'll "pretend" to forget to take off my boobs when we are going out. She catches it every time.
    Last edited by linda allen; 04-12-2013 at 02:59 PM. Reason: no need to quote the post above yours
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda