Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first time with stockings

I have tried hold-up stocking but I don't feel comfortable in them. I love my tights to bits, they are so warm and comfortable. When tights came in to fashion in the late sixties when I was about eight I preferred the idea of tights as opposed to stockings. Also I have always had a fantasy about being a leggy chorus girl, it cant be fulfilled now in middle aged but none the less I would have loved to be show girl high kicking with my legs encased in some glamorous tights.

I love to wear fishnets but don't care for the feel of them so I wear nylons/pantyhose underneath which makes me feel so good as if I have the best of both worlds

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I love wearing stockings and garters, they feel soooooo good on my freshly shaved legs and they are sexy as hell, love my pantyhose too, but you can't beat stockings for feeling femm.

Silky stockings are one of the best things about dressing. Lace top stockings with garters are phenomenal. Better still is wearing them in cold weather - the sensation of the cool temps and the fabric are incredible. And honestly, you've got to shave those legs - I've had mine shaved for years and nobody's ever said a word about it winter or summer.

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee3 View Post
    stockings with garterbelt is my preference. I know many CDs love pantyhose, but they aren't for me. Thighs are good if they stay up
    Love stockings, but I absolutely have to utilize a garter belt.

But as I love the feel of the garters, I guess it works out ok.

I favor fishnets because they last longer. The don't really get runs like something more sheer.

When I was younger (sigh sigh) I too wore stockings with a garter belt, but as I got older (ugh ugh) I wore pantyhose and still do because they don't take to much effort to put on. I wear No Nonsense Sheer Endurance for everyday and Hanes Silk Reflections for special occasions. I follow the American Express ad when they say"Never leave home without them"!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

My first time was with a garter belt and hunny colored stockings.
    There is something safe in the cling of nylon and yet thillin'
    Lace-topped stockings are great for parties - especially when mistresses' friend let their fingers wander to the top!
    luv to all
    Sindy
    x x x

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    I enjoy the ritual of putting on the garter belt and attaching the stockings, so that's not a problem. ;-)

I'm an old fashioned girl and I love to wear garter belts and stockings. The Silk Reflections are wonderful but the best are the old style stockings with no elasticated top that you have to wear with a corset or a garter belt. They really feel the best of all.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    I must be a really warm blooded person because Legg's sheer energy adds the bit of warmth I need to keep cozy during the cold months. I am not big on tights in general, I have always looked at them as something a little girl would wear, not really a GG. Though I know they do I have never tried fleece lined tights, they sound as they may be itchy lol When the colder weather comes back around (and I can't wait for it to) I will certainly try them Who know's? I may even like them
    Not only are support pantyhose, such as Legg's Sheer Energy, warmer in winter, they are cooler in summer than regular pantyhose.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by sfwarbonnet View Post
    I think thigh highs are better for underdressing as you don't need to drop them to go as you do with pantyhose. Also a short slip make a good undershirt for underdressing as it is easier to tuck in with women's pull-on pants and besides it hides the tops of panties when you bend over. A siip also allows wearing a small cup bra with light-colored tops. and a bra with adjustable straps makes it less likely for narrow slip straps to fall off your shoulders (which is uncomfortabe and reaching-in to pull them up is a tell/tale sign that you are underdressing).
    One of the drawbacks of thigh highs, if you're tall, is the unending issue of them falling down to the knees. I did remedy that issue with a garter girdle, white or black. So, it became a choice of problems: drop the pantyhose when using the bathroom or seeking a place to adjust the thigh highs.

Anyway, before finding this site sometimes I wore a basic white nylon panty to work. That was it for under dressing. I tried several times the entire under dressing routine; bra, camisole, panty, hosiery (pantyhose or thigh highs) and found it over rated. Why? Because I forgot I had women's clothing on under my male pants and shirt and socks. Not worth the effort and issues if you forget you have female clothing on under the male garb.

I pretty much wear garter hose in the summer for that same reason. I found a mother load of stockings at a local thrift store a few weeks ago. I thought I died and went to heaven. These stockings are getting scarce as hens teeth, to find. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Hello BillieAnne! Glad your first experience with stockings has been a great one! I tried stay up thigh highs by Just My Size a couple years ago and my reaction was very much like yours! Such an incredible feeling! I still love my pantyhose though and won't give them up, lol! I like to wear stockings with a fancy dress when I really want to feel special but I'll also wear them with any outfit when the weather gets warm. I feel they're just a bit more comfy than pantyhose on a 90 degree day, lol!
    -Audrey

As I prefer thigh highs to pantyhose, and having found that sopport pantyhose are cooler than regulars in summer, I got support thigh highs. Although they were supposedly stay-ups, they pulled down so I wore a garter belt. That pulled down too, probably because women usually have a bigger difference between hip and waist measurements than men do. The result was that a garter bend was more of a hassle than dropping pantyhose. I like the support thigh highs, so I have gotten accustomed to pulling them up frequently. I am usually underdressing, so it doesn;t show if they pull down a bit.

Platinum Member
    Hi Billie anne Jean, They can have my pantyhose when they cut them off my cold dead body.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

All the women in my early life wore garter belts and stockings, to me they are the true sign of felinity. They can be hard to find outside of sex stores and they mainly have black or red, but I prefer nude or taupe or more normal colours.

hugs rita
    Dressing is not a choice.

Its a passion.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    There are many advantages that stockings have over pantyhose, the first being is that if one leg gets a run the other leg is still good, which is why I buy my stockings in packs of six or more.
    Each of us has learned different tricks to make our lives safer and easier when dressed, but I’ve found that wearing stockings makes that girdle really do what’s it’s supposed to: flatten the front and hold up the stockings. That said, one doesn’t necessarily have much problems with protruding wearing a girdle. When I wear a garter belt I usually wear a loose skirt so tucking still isn’t an issue. The advantage is, when using the ladies room, you can get in and out quickly.
    I’d be careful with the elastic tops of stay-up stockings. Restricting blood flow by wearing anything too tight may lead to serious complications that none of us need.
    My suggestion would be to wear regular stockings that require garters.
    Besides, when driving and the tops of the garter tabs are visible, it really turns the truckers on, or any driver that is higher than you.
    I wear support panty hose in my skin shade with the middle cut out and then my regular briefs that hold everything in place. Then the girdle or garter belt and black stockings, seamed or not. It looks as though my legs are shaved when they’re not. Makes for a real smooth look.
    Stockings and girdle/garter girdles and belts are readily available through women’s catalogs that also have web sites. Lane Bryant, Romans, Just My Size, National, Old Pueblo Traders are just a few.
    Here’s a hint to make your lives much easier: when you FINALLY decide on what stocking works best for you, buy in bulk (packages of 6 or more).
    I also wear little cotton “booties” before I put my pantyhose on (they offer really good protection from runs), followed by the black stockings. I ALWAYS wear black stockings, and most of the time seamed. I think it’s that little bit extra saying “I’m a real sexy girl!”, at least I hope so.
    Last edited by CherylFlint; 06-26-2013 at 09:53 PM.