Thread: Changed feelings to crossdressing

Changed feelings to crossdressing

Hey all,

I don't know if any of you have encountered this situation, but my feelings towards CD has changed.

I've got my eyebrows shaped (waxed and plucked) and removed all the hair on my legs again (didn't have much time lately, so got it waxed).

I've also started plucking/epilating my facial hair recently.

As I do more and more of these things to make myself more feminine, when I do CD, I don't feel like I can go out. I look more passable, yet I've lost interest in CD.

The 'joy' that I once got in going out CD is not there anymore. Thinking back, I know I have been just imagining myself as a woman, and with these mods, I feel more like a woman.

Am I going crazy?

No I have never had those feelings. I'm always interested

Seems the older I get, the stronger my feeling are getting ,just wish I had more CD time

Maybe you're thinking like a woman more... just put on some comfortable shoes and a sweater, no need to to get all dolled up all the time, I'm sure the thrill will return.

For me...I get very excited when I get a new dress, can't wait till it comes out of the wash so I can try it on... my wife tells me I'm like a 15 year old and rolls her eyes. Maybe you're passing adolescence?

You seem to have what a lot of CDs want, though, if you are passable. Don't take that for granted.

Many of my interests seem to wax and wane. Sometimes I really want to paint, it gets almost compulsive, and I kill off a dozen canvases and then I hit a dry spell where I don't pick up a brush for months. We are ever-changing creatures... look to what is on the horizon!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Emily

We're the ones who start little fires, yet they burn out
    But when they're on the rise, we can't help but shine

And when the wave approaches, take our ashes to the ocean
    Who cares if hell awaits? We're having drinks at heaven's gate

"Modern Jesus" Portugal (The Man)

Quote Originally Posted by Being Paige View Post
    No I have never had those feelings. I'm always interested
    Same here!!!! Have never lost the feelings, sometimes stronger than others .

Have you asked yourself why you are feeling like you are losing interest in CD'ing? It may be possible that your interests in becoming more feminine, have changed (temporarily or permanently) to the personal beautification and makeup side of this issue, rather than the clothing side of feminine desires. Whatever the change, I would be willing to bet that once you go through this current phase, it will all come back in a more balanced proportion and you will get a renewed interest in the dressing and fashion side of the feminine realm. In any event, your current focus in your journey is the right one, if you are enjoying what you are doing. So enjoy and let your inner spirit take you to where you are meant to go. Have fun!
    Di

I shave my legs underarms upperchest and I still can't dress enough.
    Angie

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dannygirl View Post

Am I going crazy?
    Danny girl, I don't think so. You are young at 22 and you could just be going through a phase or perhaps what drove you to begin CDing is no longer there. My personal opinion is that we are a mixture of biochemistry and psychology and maybe a little epigenetics. If you started around puberty, hormones are very strong and perhaps in combinatin with some psychological needs unmet in your early life, you transfered those needs to cross dressing. From your photo, you certainly look very passable. The mind is a really powerful thing and can take us in directions that we are not entirely clear about. I recently saw a movie made either in OZ or NZ called Griff the Invisible. In the beginning you think you see a guy who is another super hero crime fighter until it starts to become clear that he is just an ordinary person with some needs that have turned into fantasy. It is possible that cross dressing is such a thing, and perhaps your are just growing up and out from what were your needs when you started.
    We do change in life, lose interest in things, and move on to new things. It is all normal. Take a break for a while, do other things. see what happens. But don't fret. That is pointless.
    JUST a crossdresser

Hey Dannygirl!
    I find my feelings about dressing change periodically.
    Sometimes I 'have' to dress, like an itch that has to be scratched.
    Other times I'm not to fussed, but still enjoy if I do
    But then I haven't gone out dressed yet either. That could add another dimension..

Hey,Dannygirl. Most things are like that.When they're new it's exciting and you can't get enough.When the newness wears off we hit a plateau. One thing I've found is that life is full of plateaus.Maybe it was just a phase and is not for you,or maybe you just need a little break.Just take a day at a time and go with your gut.Either way,these plateaus are normal and certainly doesn't mean you're going crazy.Barbara Maria

I think people are right about phases and changing feelings. In my case, I have had peaks and troughs for 40-odd years and it's great when the peaks come round again.

At the moment, I'm enjoying the most exhilarating feelings again with my dressing. I'm grabbing every spare minute to either dress, shop for clothes, arrange appointments with a dressing service or read this forum.

Yesterday I had just an hour before I had to leave for work and had to do some chores in that time. But I put on a bra and a nice top and it gave me such a delicious feeling to do my jobs en femme.

So my message to dannygirl is to give it time. It may be that the feeling will come round again soon - but even stronger next time. And that's worth waiting for!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Is it CDing, or the going out dressed part that you're not enjoying?

Personally, I love dressing in private but hate going out dressed. Because, like so many of us, I CAN'T PASS!

So, I can go out and be seen and feel like a man in a dress or stay home and feel and look like a female!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I wonder, have you found a girlfriend recently?
    They really put the bind on any enthusiasm for dressing till the novelty wears off.
    Sometimes you just have to give up girls.
    No! don't do that, you will go crazy.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Me personally I go through phases quite regularly. The more I dress the more normal it feels. Its hard to explain. Idk if I can dress more often I would probably view this differently.

Banned Read only
    I think desires will always come and go, wax and wane...

It is a very human thing.

That's the reward of belonging to this site. Before I joined here I didn't own a wig or any make up and it would only take me ten minutes to get dressed, now I have to have my wig on and it's just not the same without the great taste of lipstick on your lips. Now it takes me 35 minutes to dress and so much more complete. This site has a great power to makes us better.

Sometimes reality isn't as sweet as the fantasy. I've been out a number of times, and overall it has been positive. Anyone who paid any attention to me knew I was a guy, everyone I interacted with seemed willing to play along. For me, something I could not identify was missing. Maybe I didn't do it enough to "let go" and not be thinking about it too much!

Thanks all for the comments!

Thinking about what you all said, I think I might be in a phase where CD doesn't quite cut it to make me feel feminine.
    I'm able to feel like a woman doing mods to my body.
    Either that or I'm just tired of going out CD without having any real friends to hang out with.

One thing I do know for sure, is that I still want to be a woman.

I'm probably going to get my ears pierced in 2 weeks, and I seriously can't wait for that! =D

Quote Originally Posted by dannygirl View Post
    Thanks all for the comments!

Thinking about what you all said, I think I might be in a phase where CD doesn't quite cut it to make me feel feminine.
    I'm able to feel like a woman doing mods to my body.
    Either that or I'm just tired of going out CD without having any real friends to hang out with.

One thing I do know for sure, is that I still want to be a woman.

I'm probably going to get my ears pierced in 2 weeks, and I seriously can't wait for that! =D
    I am with you regarding the point about going out with friends.

I went out in Austin last week by myself, since I had a free night and my hotel was near some TG friendly bars. I had fun, but I always have more fun when I go out with some of the regular girls I have been hanging out with in my hometown (Houston).

Are there any TG support or social groups in your area that you could start going to, in order to find some like-minded friends?

Cate

It has been my experience that the urge to dress and get all dolled up comes and goes at times. I don't always feel like going through the routine of getting dressed. I still ENJOY getting dressed up and looking beautiful, but I don't always feel like getting dressed. It comes and goes for me.

For me though it seems like it may be a result of my life at the moment. I am a single father, and that all in itself is a very time consuming requirement. I am certain that has a lot to do with why I don't feel like dressing all the time.
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

I usually find that for a few weeks a couple times a year my desire to dress wanes a bit. I still come home and put on some femme items but doing my makeup and stockings and the whole 9 yards is something I reserve for times when I am going out. Which is more often lately since I joined a support group that has some social events too. Most of the time though I still dress when I'm home and enjoy practicing with make up and jewelery and have fun visiting forums like this on-line.

hugs rita
    Dressing is not a choice.

Its a passion.