Thread: How do I store my wigs?

How do I store my wigs?

I have way more wigs that I have the styrofoam heads to put them on. Even if I did have enough forms I wouldn't have enough closet space. So how do you gurls that have lots of wigs store them safely?

I use the packaging they come in.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I do like Ellen- original packaging, if it's good enough for the manufacturer, it's good enough for me.
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

I just hang them on a nail.

I keep them in one gallon zip-lock storage bags. Keeps them dry and dust free

I only have a few so I store them on collapsible plastic wig stands. The ones I don't wear often are covered with clear plastic bags to keep the dust away.

One time I was visiting an older CDer and asked for some wig advice. She wanted to show me an example and opened her wig closet. The entire closet was filled with shallow shelves lined with wig forms. Literally hundreds of wigs, many of the same style and color! It was an impressive collection!

As long as you are careful to put a hair net on the wig and put it carefully in the box without crimping any hair it seems reasonable to store the wig in the same box it arrived in. However, this makes it difficult to choose a particular wig from one's collection.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

As I have long since thrown away the boxes that they came in. I think the One gallon zip lock bags is what I will be doing and then making a special drawer in one of my dressers to put them in. As several of them are now just lying in the closet on a dresser that is in there. I am not the tidiest person in the world or keep the cleanest house but I definitely don't like clutter either. And stuff lying around on the top of a dresser even if it is in a closet to me is clutter.

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    I do what Eccles and Bluebottle did when they invented the aeroplane.
    I put them on hangers but the planes lost their shape that way.
    To land the aeroplanes they got a big field and called it Gatwick.

So hangers are out and the wigs get put on a shelf and get combed up when needed.

Suzy,
    If you don't get it how is anyone else going to get it?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

In their shipping boxes Hon. I just "shake and go".
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I just gather up the hair and get it all up in the cap and put it is a 1 gal freezer bag and into a box in the closet.Or put the net around it and put it in a dresser drawer.

also you can wrap them in tissue paper before folding them and putting them in a bag
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I have a hanging shoe rack on my closet door and 3 wigs are hanging from shoes. 3 more are in a box, and the 2 that are tangled beyond repair are just in a drawer. The plastic bad idea sounds good for long term storage.

That's what I do as well!

I have three heads that my 25+ wigs rotate on an off. The remainder stay wrapped in their netting inside the boxes they came in.

I keep mine in a breast form box. Simply fold it over once and put it in the box.

Maria
    The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies

I use gallon zip lock bags.........an improvement on the origional packaging and it lasts better. I don't seal them all the way to allow for breathing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Hairnet, plastic bag with a couple of breathing holes, then hung on a hook. Brushed out before use. Why get so complicated?