Thread: First ever Spring Dunes Prom and Snow Fest

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar

First ever Spring Dunes Prom and Snow Fest

For the first annual Spring Dunes TG weekend and Snow Fest, Friday and Saturday are both forcast to be in the vacinity of 40 degrees for the daily highs. So don't think about hanging out at the pool unless you bring a wetsuit.

Walking around and just hanging out in Saugatuck or Douglas will require fleece tights and boots. I am in for that but I'm wearing knee boots, a warm skirt, and a long winter coat if I am going that way.

I am putting together a list of resale shops and store hours for those wanting to join me in shopping as a more indoor sport, meaning less heavy clothes and a light coat or sweater. Neither Douglas nor Saugatuck are geared towards the resale shop or larger girl sizes. If you want to do some shopping or just have a need to be out and not freezing, then it is Holland (downtown is outdoors) or Grand Rapids. I will be out and about enfemme on Friday and Saturday.

Let me know if you are up for it. PM me and I will provide my cell number.

Even with the cold weather I am going to have a great time!
    Billie

Billie,I hope it all goes well, the weather is still damn cold.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Darn... and I spent soooo much time lookin for spring outfits.... oh well.. break out the old turtlenecks and winter coat. I better bring the heels boots with a tread on them also... 'case it snows or something...

Renne.....

Wish I could be there Billie,

It was cool this morning so I wore a sweater over my skirt for my 3 hr drive back to the prairie.
    By 11:00 I was running the AC! Hate when that happens in April.

I am making my plans Billie. Bought a red cocktail dress. Searching my storage for warm dresses...and...my warm black PVC girlie coat. I figure I need four outfits. Travel. Shopping. Out to dinner. And formal evening clothes for the night activities. And of course shoes to match. I may wear boots for shopping at Goodwill and in the quaint shops along the waterfront. Last year I had to use some duct tape loops in my hair...didn't want to take a chance of my wig blowing out into the yacht basin. Got some good pictures.
    I may have to go Saturday only, Ms. J is still a bit miffed about me being later than I thought after support group meeting last week. Good conversation--I wanted to stay a lot longer.

Is Saugatuck CD friendly?

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    The forcast for the weekend is 41degf and wind both Friday and Saturday. Friday has a 30% chance of rain and that usually means just enough isolated or short duration rain to affect our plans. This is Michigan after all so the weather can be unpredictable in the spring. So I am bringing everything from spring dresses and sandals to winter skirts, fleece tights, boots, and a long coat. Plus an umbrella. I do have a gown for Friday and Saturday night at The Dunes. Maybe Saturday is the only formal dance but how often does a girl get a chance to really to dress up?
    Saugatuck is CD friendly about as much as Grand Rapids. I have been to lunch twice in the last few months, dressed enfemme, and no one said anything. But there were stares from the patrons and one store owner. No one was discourteous. But if it is raining we would be walking outside store to store and needing umbrellas. At 41degf and raining, we would definately need knee booths that are more waterproof than for looks.
    But what difference is it anyway? We all hope to meet and make new friends and just have fun being our other self with others who will not judge us but rather help us relax and enjoy ourselves.
    I am very excited about this weekend.
    Billie