Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: See, THIS Is What Happens When We Go Out To Mainstream Places!

Banned Read only
    Glad you girls had a great time. I have been going out to mainstream bars and restaurants for many years. Heck, I've even went into biker bars by myself. I have never had a problem and I have met some really nice people.

There is nothing of substance I can add to what Debby and Allie have already said about our experience except to say I am not surprised. It was a really fun and memorable night out.

Debby and I have a GNO one or two times a month and we always have a great time. A few weeks back it was a quick stop at the mall, dinner, a theater show in a small venue and drinks at an up scale hotel bar. We joke about how uneventful these nights turn out to be. By uneventful, I mean nothing negative transpires. We have a great time and get to meet great people in wonderful places. I cannot recall a single audible comment, glaring stare or pointing of fingers during any of our many times out. We walk in and act like there is absolutely nothing unusual about us or us being there, thus we get treated that way. Of course, there are some places I avoid for obvious reasons, but they are a tiny minority and not among the many.

Our uneventful outings are not in just a few select places or neighborhoods. I have been to a lot of restaurants (40 plus?), many of the nicer bars, multiple theaters, major and minor shopping malls, various stores and similar places all over the area. As the activities director for the River City Gems, I setup all of the events (1-2 a month) so I deal in-person with banquet and catering managers, venue managers, serving staff, chefs and caterers, office assistants, and others involved associated with the various venues we use or check out as venues for future events. Everyone has treated me like any other client and have never noticed or experienced any unaccepted behaviors or attitudes during the events. They are all happy for our business and welcome us back.

At the beginning of the Gems event on this evening, there was a scheduling snafu and the previous group in the facility ran late and into our scheduled time. It all worked out so no real harm was done. A plus was many of us got to meet and chat with some of the other group, and some hung out for a while after their event was over. While we were waiting, the chef shared some food samples he prepared for the first group. The facility manager gave us some cheese and bottles of wine and some gifts to apologize for being behind schedule and overlapping on our time. We all were treated with respect and kindness without any feeling of being part of a freak show.

I get asked where are the TG friendly places in Sacramento and my response is "every place that I have been in". It is not the most helpful answer for some, but it is truthful. For the most part, the places will be as friendly as you expect and make them.
    Last edited by Melissa Rose; 04-16-2013 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Added a missing word

It is my constant experience that many GGs enjoy talking with us.Some view us as a "kinder and gentler version"...lol Seems like I get into a nice conversation wherever I go.I have no reason to "hit on" anyone,female or male,so I am not "competition" for anyone and I think people respect that.

I for the most part can mirror Debs experiences. While I do frequent gay establisments often for the reasons mention, I have gone to a number of straight clubs with good results. My biggest shock when I first went out dressed was how GGs typically responded. I havn't had them pick up the tab, but I've met so many that were so friendly. Only once have I had a rather redneck guy question me, and after he said what I was doing was dispicable, I responded to each his own and he went back to what he was doing. The good part was, I was singing Karaoke, and he thought I was really hot, it was the voice that gave it away
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Nice to see all the California girls on here. Allie has been so helpful to me in advice for going out in San Francisco. My second trip out was to mainstream restaurant. I had a delightful time with no hassles. I am going out Friday night with my wife, a GG and a male friend. I am so lucky!

I have also been to a mainstream eating establishments but not to very many bars. But I am getting more brave so will try places that are in good areas. Never have had any bad experiences either. Isn't it fun

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Rose View Post
    We walk in and act like there is absolutely nothing unusual about us or us being there, thus we get treated that way. Of course, there are some places I avoid for obvious reasons, but they are a tiny minority and not among the many.
    And that sums it up completely. I'll add that there are plenty of places I wouldn't go into, period! If you go into nice places that cater to nice people (and nice doesn't necessarily mean expensive) your odds of having an event-free excursion are greatly increased.

To be clear though, I have nothing against our local gay bars but why limit yourself? There are lots of things to do and see and I want to see them in both genders!!!

Deb
    Debby