Thread: ONE component of CDing that we can ALL agree on?

Banned Read only

ONE component of CDing that we can ALL agree on?

Females are far more likely than males [at least by a factor of 5?] to receive COMPLIMENTS?

OK, just cannot resist this. Female CD are more likely to receive compliments than CD males? Or, genetic females are more likely to receive compliments than genetic males? Or, those who are gender female are more likely to receive compliments than those who are gender males? There probably are a few more permutations that could be used. Tis a lovely spring day and this sap has risen....

A well dressed CD who presents impeccably is more likely to receive gratuitous compliments from females before another female in the group.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Last night I went to my regular haunt, but since I had a show earlier in the evening (I was dressed as a soldier and didn't have time to get ready as "me" afterward) so I changed into a shirt and jacket...I called it Cross Dressing. I sat with a "sister" and while we were there she was approached three times by people who wanted to compliment her....I wasn't even noticed.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

disgree to all... a person regardless of status if shining beyond the norm shall be the one to ttract the most attention nothing more... cd has nothing to do with it

Wildaboutheels

You are arguing that someone presenting as female is 5X+ more likely to receive a compliment than someone presenting as male? All other factors being equal I would agree with this statement.

Are you assuming that this is part of the drive to crossdress? Its not unthinkable for some to feel that way.

I rarely get compliments on how I look in male mode except for the occasional 'cool t-shirt dude', which is not on the same level as some of the compliments I get when en femme. I've had everything from a simple 'that's a nice dress' to outright jealousy from GGs (even though none of them had anything to be jealous about as they've all been people who look great)
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

I get quite a few when out dressed as a women and none as a guy. I think some of my compliments, though not exactly said in this way are meant in this way, "You look great (for a guy dressed as a women)". Though women regularly compliment each other, I think a lot of it is true and refers to something new, different and natural about the other woman, with the rest treated more like a form of greeting, "I haven't seen you in ages. You look great".

Wild, please clarify the question.

I meet up with my GGfriends every day for coffee. If we all arrive about the same time, it goes something like this-
    'Good morning, nice shoes'.
    'Sorry, I'm running late, love your bag'.
    'Cute new haircut girl, latte?'
    'Ooo sexy new jeans, how are the kids?'
    'Gotta get the car to the shop, lovely nails'.
    'Thanks, love your color, who's your mechanic?'
    By the time we're done with the compliments, it's time to go.

It's the easiest way to start a conversation with a GG. Compliment something random she's wearing. I personally have horrible female communication skills. I don't do random compliments that well. I have been told on many occassion that I think more male, speak more male, and act like a guy. I think I'm plenty girly enough, and most of the time don't really care for how women play with their communication. I prefer the direct approach. Of course, if you ACTUALLY have cute shoes on, I will tell you.
    If it's easy, it's not worth it.