Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teenage girls

About a week ago I was out and a teen girl about 15 or so walked past and just said "Hi". I felt pretty good because I do not think she would have said anything had she thought something was odd.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Teen girls indeed have the capacity to read us. They are remarkable in that capacity.

The only problem i have with teenage boys is that im always being hit on.... (in the good way)

Jennialy,
    People of Walmart, huh! If that's true, their cameras better be of military satellite quality to have picked up the VERY subtle outline of my bra!! Maybe we should shoot some teenagers into space to do survelliance instead of spending so much on electronics.
    Monique

Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    If you were wearing a bra then a lot of people noticed. (don't fool yourself) Most were just not rude enough to say anything. Young people can be that rude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Teens in general are prone to blurt out something rude.
    You have to realize they are just becoming aware of who they are and really don't know squat about manners.
    I have been the brunt of teen girls laughter so get used to it.
    I don't think teen girls have any more visual acuity than anyone else. They just say what's on their mind out loud, as opposed to everyone else who picks up on the same cues but doesn't say anything until she talks to her friends the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by MissTee View Post
    Like someone else said, I bet a lot of people notice. However, the teens will let you know they noticed. Note, too, that if a young girl is alone she'll be discreet like everyone else. Put her in a "pack" and she becomes unpredictable. In many, many circles what we do (crossdressing) is seen as abnormal and/or strange, so we will on occasion be treated like a sideshow at the circus. Just how it is.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Also, let's not paint all teen girls with the same broad brush. Some are among the most tolerant and accepting people you will encounter.

I was at the Renaissance Fair with Persephone and our spouses and we posed for photos with a group of ersatz Vikings that included a couple of teen girls. I have no idea if they made me (I'm 6'2", so the suspicion is always there!) but one of them said "cool, my turquoise nail polish matches yours!" and we had a fun moment comparing nails and jewelery! Of course, the Renfair crowd is likely more tolerant than most, but those girls also exist in the real world that we are so anxious about.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

It's a product of being a teenager. As previously stated the pressure to conform to the heard his so huge they're quick to point out anything that doesn't fit their limited world view.
    My love is god; let's go get a slushie . . .

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by krisinpink View Post
    Teen girls indeed have the capacity to read us. They are remarkable in that capacity.
    Kris, teen girls are not special in "reading" us. They are special in that they may blurt out comments. If you are out, you are read. By what % of the people? Who knows, that depends on your presentation, setting, etc. Most people just don't care.

Banned Read only
    Hi All
    I haven't been out yet en femme but I suspect the reason younger women may read us is that fact that women are wired for competition for men much more so than men are for women. A woman(the younger she is) is more critical of other women due to this part of them. Naturally if another woman is "dressed to kill" she's being criticized much more since she's seen as competition versus a much more conservative woman. So is the same for reading and criticizing men. Which one is more eye appealing than the other and so on. Males are much less critizing I believe as we don't see each other in competition for women or maybe not as strong. When Im finally out en femme and I run across some young girls that read me, I'll walk right up to them and ask them what was it that gave me away. Im sure that along with a million questions I'll be asked I may find out some info that I will be able to utilize to perfect my look when out. (plus the look on their faces will be priceless).

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Kris, teen girls are not special in "reading" us. They are special in that they may blurt out comments. If you are out, you are read. By what % of the people? Who knows, that depends on your presentation, setting, etc. Most people just don't care.

I agree. I don't think teenage girls are any more receptive, they are just uninhibited when it comes to giggling and commenting. Adults generally have more experience with things that are different. They have learned not to comment., and just go on their way.

Jodi

Quote Originally Posted by RenneB View Post
    Oh yea, been there done that.... got 'hit' by a pair of 20somethin's when one came around the corner of the store isle and with her hand over her mouth and practially doubled overs she said "oh my god, it's one of them"..... My skin's a little thicker now, but on that day it was quite a shock...

Renne.....
    "It's one of them." I love it

"It's one of them."
    If one has the presence of mind and chutzpah, one could get a bit teary and say "It makes me feel so bad when you say things like that. I can't help it if I look a bit masculine..." Be confident enough in yourself and it will really mess with their minds!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Were I agree that teenage girls notice everything, and MAYsometimes speak before thinking, I have to give the majority of them kudos for being much more accepting than previous generations. Most teenagers know at least one person struggling with thier gender, and it's not such a big mystery anymore.

"When Im finally out en femme and I run across some young girls that read me, I'll walk right up to them and ask them what was it that gave me away"
    Hi - I hope you do, and I hope you post here and tell us about it. Conversely, if the situation arises and you don't act quite so bravely, I hope you'll post about that too. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    If one has the presence of mind and chutzpah, one could get a bit teary and say "It makes me feel so bad when you say things like that. I can't help it if I look a bit masculine..." Be confident enough in yourself and it will really mess with their minds!
    I love it - this would be so funny. I doubt I'd have the nerve to do it, but I'll surely think about it next time!