Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girl over guy?

Girl over guy?

Often times many folks here will downplay their guy "self" and say they prefer being their girl "self". Now, before we get technical I will also say presenting as a guy or girl as many will say it is the same "self". In any case, many seem to diss the guy part and prefer being the woman. Any particular reason for this? Do you feel it's out of your control perhaps? Just what is so bad about being a guy that you would prefer being a girl? Personally, I shucked off any pretentious roles long ago and whatever I do and however I look is totally my own choice. Knowing our own feelings and taking ownership of them is part and parcel of being our own person, regardless of presentation. What are your thoughts on this?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

That is easy. I am a girl. The only boy is the pretend part for others to see.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I like to think I give both equal billing. I can honestly say it's not contrived, either, as I like a lot of things about both "selves." I have had many occasion to stay en femme for a week or more, but after about three days I'm ready to get back in guy mode and hang up the skirts for a spell. Likewise, and because I'm still not out to the public, in those situations where I can't dress en femme for a long spell I get agitated. I'm OK accepting the guy me and prefer that for the majority of the time.

I would say for me, there is no guy self or girl self. The way I see it, I am both genders, combined. Makeup and women's clothing is just what I decided to wear for the day.

Banned Read only
    Thats easy, girls are pretty and more attractive than guys, their curvy bodies gives you more to work with as far as appearance, the clothes fit the body better and are more attractive and girls are less agressive. Then theirs the "sex-appeal" and how you want to dress to showcase it.

I have a preference for being a girl but it is hard sometimes to change and become a guy to go to work.
    Once I am changed I am ok but I can't wait to get back to my old self as Beverley.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I prefer being a girl but a bit of boy time has some advantages as well.

Maria
    The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies

Since I can't be a girl all the time, even though I like my guy side, the girl side is the one that squeeks the loudest wanting to get out. I'm happy with aspects of both sides of my personality. I have always expressed charicteristics of both, just living more of the girls side now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

I'm pretty sure I get what your saying. It's also why my wife said she had no problems with me transitioning way back when. She said she didn't see a guy or a girl when she looked at me - she just saw me (the person). Admittedly, she did say (and it had a large part in ultimately transitioning) that when I dressed as a girl I was more fun to be around, but that I think is a different story....

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I spend most of my time in boy mode. I don't have to, I could dress 24/7. It's just easier being a boy and I prefer to keep things simple. I have the same confidence, boldness, and sense of style that I attempt to exhibit in girl mode.

I posted this thread out of curiosity mostly. In the picture section in the girl vs boy mode thread I find most of the folks here look good either way to me anyway. I suppose it depends on your perspective on things.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I agree with Asp. I am me either way. Even most GGs don't dress really fem everyday.
    Georgia (Gigi) Maine

My identity isn't female, but it's definitely not male. I tend to bleed a little gender both ways, and that works for me. Either way I don't feel like I have two "selves" any more than I have two selves because I have professional clothes I wear specifically at work and wouldn't at home.

I am simply Me, a complex individual born male with a strong feminine side that requires expression.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I am what I call 50-50. I like being girl at the house and guy outside the house. For various reasons. And it may change one day who knows. But been like this along time. I don't really think about it either. And both sides of me kinda merge sometimes inside and outside but lean to their respective sides.
    ~Marcella~

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I really enjoy both of my gendered selves. I'm one of us whose gender presentations are very, very different. Maybe it's the difference that sends me back and forth between masculine and feminine, but whatever it is, the two of us are equal and equally fun!!!

I consider my girl mode to be a simple vacation from reality. Playing dress-up is a lot of fun, but I prefer being in the guy mode.
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by AllyCDTV View Post
    I consider my girl mode to be a simple vacation from reality. Playing dress-up is a lot of fun, but I prefer being in the guy mode.
    I'm kinda in the same mind set. I don't really feel that I'm female inside. CD is part of me but not all of me.

I am to the point it not about be in guy mode or fem mode, it me mode this is who I am take it or leave it. Me likes to do many things consider male and female.

I am learning that I am both, and trying to explore and enjoy both sides of me.

Guy me is that retarded uncle you keep locked in the attic. Sometimes he comes out when there is heavy lifting to be done, but no one talks to him.

Hi,

People can percive you yet dont know you ...as male.......& some know you & know more about you than you realise, so its not about clothes or what you wear. its about who you really are as a person. in my case a female. who's become or grown in to a woman,

...noeleena...

I've thought about this topic myself. I personally see myself as one person who likes to present both ways depending how I feel at any given time. I love being girly and feminine at times, but also love and have no animosity towards my male presentation. I don't think of myself in 'drab' when presenting male. I enjoy that part of me, the part most people know anyway, every bit as much as my girly self. Right now, because I'm in a season of getting to express myself more as a TGirl, I'm having a lot of fun with that. I would never not want to present male. I like the whole me, denying no part of me.

Cheers,

Kalista

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    I am simply Me, a complex individual born male with a strong feminine side that requires expression.
    Well put,Cheryl.Same with me,though the feminine side seems to be taking over lately.Barbara Maria

Well kate there is no seperate boy or girl both r d same.the thing is what v chose to be at that time it's our choice