Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beware of Department Store "Rewards" Programs

SEARS? made out good there due to poor attitude, $400 air comp. free

I too got burned buy a rewards program. mine was a local drug store change, give the phone number and it logs your purchases for future coupons. What I did not know was that it would separate the purchases and apparently I had rang up a good total in the beauty club with make-up and moisturizer purchases . oop's

Quote Originally Posted by pennylee View Post
    SEARS? made out good there due to poor attitude, $400 air comp. free
    LoL, how'd you guess???????
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

Jillian, it always saddens me when you describe your wife's issues with your dressing. I have no answers for you but just want to express my sympathy.

- Diane

Quote Originally Posted by JaytoJillian View Post
    ...When she is reminded of what she calls my "sickness,"... ...proceeded to rant that SHE is the woman and the I am just a WANNABE and that SHE is the only one who can give birth and make MILK (yah, she actually said this).

I can't say much except to question whether these are the words of a person who truly loves you. It surely doesn't sound like it.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Linda, those are your options, not necessarily others' options............
    Of course they are my opinions. I can't really post other people's opinions, can I?

I have been married three times, the last for over thirty years. I stand by my statement that life is too short to live in a relationship full of hate and disrespect. If the OP wants to live that kind of life, fine, but in the end, she will be dead and will not have earned any medals for her troubles.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Aspiring Member
    Jillian, I am in much the same situation as you. Love my wife and don't want to mess that up but also don't want to stop cding. So I do it when I am out of town, away from people I know. I think she knows I still like it (she allows the panties) but certainly not to the extent that I go.

Point of fact: Men ARE capable of producing milk . . .
    My love is god; let's go get a slushie . . .

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    It is sad Jill your wife doesn't approve because I think you look great.
    I hope she changes someday.

The rewards program isn't the problem, as I suspect you know. You need to resolve the REAL problem, the issues between you and your wife. Probably won't be easy, but you need to do that ASAP. Life is surprisingly short, don't waste it, get to work on your relationship NOW.

Hugs,
    Carol
    My name is Carol.

Any fem rewards go to Beverley Sims.
    When asked whose card I have I say my Aunt's.
    Good ol' auntie, Beverley, she has a lot to answer for.
    20 percent off truck tires and ten percent off house siding too.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hi Jillian, I am sorry for your home situation; but I should not talk my wife has no clue, mainly because I stopped for many years, but that's another story. Unless its holiday season I'll pay with cash. I do have a VS card and I am fine unless she picks up the mail then I will let her have the rewards or she will remind me to go buy her something, No Prob always glad to go shopping. I think I know the ladies at VS better then she does. If they press me for phone number just give my fax number easier then dealing with telemarketers! (lol). My wife often says How I have good taste, I just tell her if I would wear it you would probably like it.
    However when she does get upset with me she will call me a "cranky old Bi**h", or will tell me to stop walking like a girl, I just thank her for the compliments. lol....Oh I do have a female waist/hip ratio, go figure..

Banned Read only
    When my daughter was in college, she had access to my credit card account. Since then I've been getting 'free panty' coupons which my wife grabs. I maintain a gmail account for all the department store and website transactions. Also, we are one of the exceptions of life: no electronic media/social media/cell phones. I do have an issue with eBay always trying to alert you to great deals based on prior purchases and searches. Fortunately, my wife does eBay.

doesn't work. They have your credit card info from that they have your address, phone number, e mail address and likely your shoe size. Which ones share or sell the info? All of them do. No exceptions. Even the ones who swear they do not.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Oh yea, I forgot one. Those supermarket rewards cards that you just swipe. I bought a bunch of makeup and stuff but had to swipe my bonus members card for the gas discount... A few days later the SO goes to the same store, buys milk and bread and comes home with makeup coupons... She doesn't wear or buy makup... hmmmmm.... I chucked it off to must be a random computer thing.... In my mind I was thinking, maybe it has facial recognition and is making a suggestion....

Renne.....

I digress to my time working retail at New York & Co about 10 years ago. When doing a checkout at the register, we were required to ask for the customer's phone #. This was for marketing purposes. Most people just gave us their number, but if a customer refused to give it, we were to thank them and move on.

So, if you do not want to give your number, don't do it. There is no penalty.

Jodi

Quote Originally Posted by Plasibeau View Post
    Point of fact: Men ARE capable of producing milk . . .
    LoL, I have heard of that, but...ewwwwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    It is sad Jill your wife doesn't approve because I think you look great.
    I hope she changes someday.
    Totally off (my own) topic, but Tracii, that new avatar of you is waaaaaaay fab!
    Last edited by Lorileah; 04-17-2013 at 11:22 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

Quote Originally Posted by JaytoJillian View Post
    My SO knows about my crossdressing and she absolutely hates it. Sometimes I think she hates ME for it. At any rate, we just don't talk about it outside of arguments. When she is reminded of what she calls my "sickness," it is like a lit match to an open container of gasoline. Thanks to a department store rewards program she got an e-mail to remind her that I CD. I happened to be in a mall near my home Saturday, and I decided to pick up a couple pair of thigh highs. I am a total guy when I shop---doing so en femme has zero appeal for me--I get in and get out of the store with manly efficiency. On this day, I got the nylons, found a short line and was ready to complete the transaction. The SA was nice and polite and she asked, "may I have your phone number?" I quickly rattle off my cell #. Not seeing what she wants on her computer screen, she asked for another phone number. Upon this request, I only half jokingly ask, "Do I have to have a phone number to buy something here? She smiled sweetly and communicated that she was simply trying to see if I was a member in the store's reward program and that I might be able to get a discount off the merchandise I'd selected. Bingo! Discount was the magic word--I provded her with the home phone number and I was in like flynn--I walked out the door with 2 pair of very nice nylons for about five bucks!
    If you really want to keep your purchases private, you need to pay cash that you got from an ATM somewhere else, and give no personal information. There are many people who, for a variety of reasons, want to stay "off the radar", but they know that they can only do this if they avoid any transactions involving plastic, checks, or electronic funds transfers. Illegal immigrants, people working while on disability, or elderly working while getting Social Security are examples of people who want to be paid in cash, spend only cash, and avoid letting ANY or the money pass through the banks.

I work for a very large computer company. When I applied for the job, they wanted ALL of my credit card numbers, as well as social security numbers, and all of my aliases. As I filled out the application I began to realize how little privacy I really had. Fortunately, I knew that the company had a very aggressive diversity policy and being transgendered was actually an asset. Still, I was aware that the right correlation of various numbers would make it possible for a company with access to the right combination of computers would combine that information to know every item I purchased as well as where it was purchased. There are actually about 30 such companies that could combine such information.

I was feeling exceedingly proud of myself until the following day when my SO asks, "who did you buy the lace-topped thigh highs for, me or you? I of course admitted that they were for me--she doesnt wear "uncomfortable-lingerie-designed- for-men's-pleasure" So, she had me dead to rights, and proceeded to rant that SHE is the woman and the I am just a WANNABE and that SHE is the only one who can give birth and make MILK (yah, she actually said this).
    Let me see if I got this right. You wife HATES wearing WOMEN'S CLOTHES, because they were "designed for men's pleasure", yet she claims that SHE is the WOMAN!

Meanwhile, you are the one who wants to wear the pretty feminine clothes, wants to be feminine, and wants to please your woman?

Sounds to me like a VERY ON SIDED RELATIONSHIP. You might want to point out to her that since she wants to cut your balls off by dressing like a boy, that she should probably be GRATEFUL that you want to be a "Sissy", and let her be in charge of it.

You obviously are NOT an "Alpha Male" - because otherwise you would have been TELLING HER how to dress. You would have told her that since she doesn't want you to wear the stockings, then it's her duty to wear them.

Keep in mind, there is nothing wrong with not being an alpha male, but it's a "package deal". If she wants the control, she needs to encourage your feminine side, not try to repress it. If she wants a macho stud bad enough, she should probably go out and find one, as part of an "Open Marriage". If it's set up in the right context, it could even be an experience that would be exciting for BOTH of you. Consider reading some of the books by Sarah Desmaris.

All I could do is just suck it up, give her a hug and kick myself for being such a bargain hunter that my discretion suffered. The moral of the story? Think about where the information about your buying habits are gonna go BEFORE you take advantage of these "rewards" programs.
    You might really want to confront her control issues. Let her know that you'd be willing to give her that kind of control, in exchange for her support in feminizing you. Otherwise, you can keep pointing out the "one-way street" that seems to indicate that your wife is very selfish and uncaring about your needs. If you had a disease where you had less than a 50% chance of survival, such as Cancer, Diabetes, or a Heart Attack, would she want you to refuse treatment and let the disease kill you? (If she does, you know you are already headed for divorce). Then you point out that the suicide rate among transgenders is nearly 50% (actually more like 70-80% including both attempts and actual suicides). Would she want you to become an Alcoholic? or a Drug Addict? Would she want you to eat saturated fats, sugars, and salty foods - even after you had been diagnosed with diabetes, clogged coronary arteries, and strokes caused by high blood pressure?

Many transgenders engage in unconscious self-destructive behavior when their feminine side is suppressed by a loved one. In my own case, I gained over 100 lbs in less than 18 months, then lost 100 lbs when I started dressing as Debbie on a regular basis. I kept it off for 5 years while I was dressing and even getting real life experience for transition. When I had to quit dressing as part of a leadership program, I gained over 50 lbs in less than 3 months, and gained another 100 lbs over the next 18 months, topping out at over 330 lbs. I even had a heart attack. When I started dressing again, I lost 80 lbs. When I stopped dressing publicly after marrying my second wife, my weight shot up again, and I had a stroke. I started dressing again and lost 90 lbs.

When my wife realized that I wanted to transition, she told me she wasn't OK with that. 3 months later, I had mixed a cocktail of Prestone and Gatorade and was about to chug about a quart of the 50/50 mix when I was interrupted by a call from my daughter. I poured the deadly mix down the drain, and came home. When I told my doctor how close I had come, she told me that if I didn't go to the local psych ward of a nearby hospital within 20 minutes, she would call the police and have me arrested and taken there by force. I went to the hospital, where they did a complete blood work-up just to make sure that I hadn't actually DONE what I told her I was thinking of doing. I agreed to get therapy, go to more 12 step meetings, and do more 12 step work, as well as do some work at Landmark Education, so they released me after about 8 hours. The were considering a 72 hour hold.

You and your wife need to understand how serious this situation is, or could become. At this point, you are still young and reasonably healthy.

When you are forced, against your will, to repress your feminine side, it can trigger a "split". The feminine side can refuse to participate in your regular life, causing you to be more temperamental, more angry, and more at war with yourself. Your feminine side is a necessary part of your overall personality, and if you suddenly shut down that aspect of yourself, you can find that your ability to cope and to react appropriately to various situations can become so badly messed up that even work that you have loved and enjoyed doing can become a dreaded experience. The only times in my life that I have ever dreaded going to work have been times when I have tried to shut Debbie down.

Couples counseling could be a really good idea for both of you. At minimum, it would give you a referee who could help you and your wife look for a situation that is workable for both of you.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

It's a very sad situation when an SO calls what we do a "sickness". When one partner in a marriage "reminds" the other that only she can give birth or produce milk it's a crude reminder that we can't become the woman who lives inside us. It's hurtful !!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Quote Originally Posted by Jennialy View Post
    On the number front, I just say unlisted. Or if they tried selling me a credit card, I would ask why would I want to pay some ridiculous percentage rate when my Amex is nearly free and my other cards are all sub 15% I used to bitch them out, but my wife would get mad, so the unlisted works the best.
    Unfortunately, that doesn't help much these days. Almost all of those calls are successive dials with a large number of phones dialed at once; the only way to deal with these is to answer and count to 5. If no one answers by then, hang up immediately before they notice a hit. (I've had an unlisted phone for over 40 years.) The credit card is easy, either don't use it, or pay the balance in full each month, ala Amex.
    If you are unwilling to give out infomation (my personal policy) here is no law saying it has to be accurate; one can always be "mistaken" about one or more digits or other info.
    [QUOTE=DeidraDee63;3169335)Oh I do have a female waist/hip ratio, go figure..[/QUOTE]I do too, but unfortunatly, it's reversed!
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

sad part is you do not even have to "join" a discount/loyalty program.
    as loni only ordered one paper magazine. now each month i get three to four junk mail request to buy another mag. vacations, more discount programs, timeshares. cash loans, etc, etc, even auto insurance. (aaa, and progressive) now how did that work as she has NO DL.

all from just ONE (1) magazine subscription.

loni gets twenty to thirty junk mailings each week.

I'm less horrified by the breach of privacy than at your wife's deliberately hurtful response. Regardless of how she feels about CDing, that sort of venom would never be acceptable in a loving relationship.

I'm so sorry you have to put up with that.

Hi Jillian,

I, for one, eagerly anticipate seeing pix of your beautiful self wearing your recently purchased nylons!

Dress on,

Christy

Banned Read only

Exclamation

once I ordered high heels from a store popular with cd's AND THEY JUST KEPT SENDING CATALOGS and the catalogs had very large shoe sizes advertised so large that it arouse suspension at my POST OFFICE BOX. for large packages you have to give the clerk a slip to retrieve your items.

once they had my name wrong and the post office had to open the package AND THEY DISCOVERED MY SECRET!

then after that I was getting so many women catalogs for lingerie, high heels, dresses and stuff THAT the clerk once asked me why and how do I get so many catalogs.

I have a storage that's as big as a bedroom full of women's clothes, heels, sandals, wigs and stuff
    Last edited by vanitysumers; 04-18-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    Your problem is not with a department stor or a rewards program, your problem is with your relationship. If your SO hates your crossdressing and hates you for crossdressing, you have two choices:

1) Stop crossdressing.

2) End this relationship and find someone else to share your life with.
    Well, in theory, there is a 3rd option of getting her to change how she feels about it all...

I must say I'm always wary of those reward programmes when I shop for anything girly. I sometimes forget and put my points card through though, I'm wondering when they will start sending us (yes we have joint reward cards) discount vouchers for lingerie to match those I've been buying.
    Swottie