Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simple things women just know, the we have to learn...

Simple things women just know, the we have to learn...

Don't carry heavy things up and down stairs while wearing a really long skirt...

Any others?

Deedee

lol we dont know everything.
    When getting married, I didnt know to lift up the front of my layered dress.
    I near broke my neck coming down the stairs to meet my dad.
    I have never worn a full layered dress before, and common sense prevailed.

And at the ripe ole age of 48. I still have not mastered the art of walking in heels without looking bow legged.
    Yet My Husband can seem to glide along...
    Last edited by Ellanore G.G.; 04-18-2013 at 07:24 AM.
    I am Loved because I am me, not just because I accept.

Banned Read only
    Applying makeup on the run. The other day I saw a woman driving,using a cell phone and putting on her make up. How do they do it?

Don’t do anything with your hands like fixing the car or working on motorbikes because you will brake a nicely manicured nail! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Keep everything practical and simple. Like shoes for example most are slip on and off little bending.

It is not that women already know all of these simple things (i.e., it is not encoded in their DNA), but have learned them through many years of life experience starting in childhood. The same can be said about men. Many late starting cross dressers are like 11-12 year old girls who are in the early stages of learning more about fashion, makeup, hair, deportment, etc.. Mistakes are made and lessons are learned along the way. I have made my share of mistakes - way too many to list.
    Last edited by Melissa Rose; 04-20-2013 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Yikes, Typo repair

Don't wear short skirts when climbing a ladder.

Be wary if standing on the glass floor of the CNN Tower in Toronto.
    There may be someone down there with binoculars and a telephoto lens.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    When en femme wear an apron when doing the laundry if you're using chlorine bleach.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticLady View Post
    Applying makeup on the run. The other day I saw a woman driving,using a cell phone and putting on her make up. How do they do it?
    That is a skill that should not have been learned in the first place! Distractions like that while driving are plain stupid. That behavior is more indicative of lack of planning than skill. I hope no one here talks or texts while driving. I have seen many awful crashes happen due to distracted driving. There is no such thing as an accident. If you can't wait to use your phone, you don't belong behind the controls of a car. Commercial drivers can be fined 2600 dollars for not using a hands free device or texting while driving. I think stiff fines like that also need to be applied to the general population. That, and the appalling lack of sense most drivers exhibit.

Drive safely and use your eyes and brain when you get behind the wheel. Driving is all you should be concentrating on...

Annette

Crossing legs at the knee...still a tough one for me.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The art of getting out of an SUV in a mini skirt and looking good doing it.
    I failed at that the other day LOL.

Or a sports car. I end up flashing everybody.

When going out in stilettos always keep a pair of flats in the car.

When getting out of a SUV or sports car, the trick is to hold your purse in your lap when you swing your leg out.
    Last edited by Sandra; 04-18-2013 at 01:17 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts
    "If you can dream it you can do it" Walt Disney

The hardest thing I've ever had to learn was how to walk down the stairs in heels. I look like an epileptic having a seizure!
    If it's easy, it's not worth it.

How to ask for directions.
    "Don't hate me just for wanting to feel beautiful."

Always sit down while using the women's washrooms. It's bathroom etiquette.
    Last edited by Sandra; 04-18-2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: You know why!

GG/SO of a CD
    Seeing as how I am about 5'1... Getting out of most SUV's is a problem for me regardless of what I am wearing. Lol. I have "fallen" out of a suv too many times. Lol. So if you feel better, some of us GG's don't even do that right.

"If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Annette Todd View Post
    That is a skill that should not have been learned in the first place! Distractions like that while driving are plain stupid. That behavior is more indicative of lack of planning than skill. I hope no one here talks or texts while driving. I have seen many awful crashes happen due to distracted driving. There is no such thing as an accident. If you can't wait to use your phone, you don't belong behind the controls of a car. Commercial drivers can be fined 2600 dollars for not using a hands free device or texting while driving. I think stiff fines like that also need to be applied to the general population. That, and the appalling lack of sense most drivers exhibit.

Drive safely and use your eyes and brain when you get behind the wheel. Driving is all you should be concentrating on...

Annette
    Hi Annette

I must ask..........are you a police officer or a state trooper of some sort. I completly agree with you on your post 100%.

I've noticed when at church or at a band or choir concert, women can sit still. Many guys seem to be fidgeting and jiggling knees, but the ladies are usually very still. Also, women seem to try to take up as little space as possible when sitting on a bench or couch where as guys like to spread out.

Banned Read only
    Women LEARN everyting, just like a cross dresser, but they have more time with it so it seems like they "know"

Yes, all those things are very hard to learn. When my wife and I are out, we usually eat in a restaurant. I often find that when I get up, I tend to swing one leg out first, and have observed that women usually swing out both legs together. When I forget, my wife points it out, and will ask "Are you trying to tell everyone you're open for business?"
    Stephanie

I drive a truck and I am cut off and endangered by aggressive drivers every day.

Annette

Quote Originally Posted by outhiking View Post
    I've noticed when at church or at a band or choir concert, women can sit still. Many guys seem to be fidgeting and jiggling knees, but the ladies are usually very still.
    Definitely! And try as I may, I can never get that one.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Woman are awesome and stunning creatures and I just love and
    Adore them.
    What does not kill us makes us stronger !