Thread: Is it not weird? or am I just used to it now?

Is it not weird? or am I just used to it now?

I have recently started to dress in female clothes almost whenever i go out shopping, or other places now. I see myself in the mirror, and it really doesn't even look that strange to me, seeing myself in much more tight fitted, and brighter color clothing.

When I do go out, everyone seems to treat me just the same, cashiers are always polite, and I generally don't get any funny looks.

I have started to look around to other people, and realized that there are so many types of people out there! Everyone has their own type of style, and I don't feel too out of place when I am out and about in womens shoes, pants, shirts, and so on. I don't even usually wear makeup or a wig, I am just a guy dressed in girl clothes.

Right now, I am only going with friends around, but not sure about going alone yet. I just wonder if maybe it isn't the weirdest thing around to see a guy dressed like that while going to the mall. Sure I probly come across as being gay, but I would rather have that than have lots of criticism!

I don't even really think about it any more... It is pretty nice actually!

I think it may a little of both.

Its not as weird as it once was and you are probably more used to it. That most people just don't pay much attention, except to their text messages and the like may also help somewhat.

Looking as good as you do in the pictures helps as well. I don't pull my female off as easily as it seems you can. You look great.
    Many who have spent a lifetime in it can tell us less of love than the child that lost a dog yesterday. -Thornton Wilder, writer (1897-1975)

Victoria Kate. My friends call me Katie.

Doesn't strike me as weird at all, you're just getting comfortable with finding your own gender presentation. As long as you carry yourself well and with confidence most people are probably not going to care or hassle you.

Banned Read only
    Felicity, you've merely crossed that imaginary CD line in the sand over into the RW where very few people are going to care how others choose to present themselves. It IS NOT necessary to go whole hog trying to "fool people' into believing one is a GG to be treated as just another Human out in the world going about their business.

Obviously, you are wise enough not to worry what about what other people night be THINKING of you. It's too bad you can't bottle it and sell it. You might make a fortune here.

It is what it is Hon. Just enjoy it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Felicity,
    Sounds like you have some good personal growth going on there. You are "accepting" yourself. That is the most important milestone of all!
    Kuddos to you!!!
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Modify your reality and you impart your new reality on everyone you come in contact with......
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Sounds like your pockets are getting lighter due to the lack of ****s to give lol Love meeting people like you Stay beautiful Miss Felicity <3
    The program of man,established as such,is flawed,and I can't follow. Everyday I walk their land,out of touch,I dread seeing tomorrow. -Me-

Platinum Member
    As an earlier comment said, it's both. People are normally focused on their own lives too much to really scrutinize every person they meet. And you're growing more confident in your appearance, which makes it even less likely that you'll attract attention.

I'm well over 6 feet tall, and attract very little notice when I'm out...and I do watch for it.

It is called acceptance of your self.
    You are getting used to your own image and probably less critical.
    This is collectively called progress.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It's not until you wear a dress to the mall that you realize just how little the real world cares about your presentation. Short of going out naked...nobody cares.

Silver Member
    The secret is - you should ALWAYS be comfortable and confident in who YOU are - regardless of how you are presenting and what you are wearing! Thanx for sharing.

Most people don't care. I have gone to the tanning spa wearing womens jeans and top with no wig or makeup (don't want that on if tanning) and the girls who run the place get quite a grin when they see me, and are always so nice to me. Most people may think they would not dress that way but they really do not freak out either. Do as you like girl.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I often go out wearing women's clothing(casual--jeans,blouse,sandals,etc. ) and have never had a problem even though I am presenting as a male. I think it's a confidence thing and that people can sense that you are comfortable and therefore, so are they. Even if they comment to each other, I have gotten past that and I am who I am. After all, who am I hurting by being myself? Just do what you feel okay with. You only live once!!

Monique

Aspiring Member

A lot of it is the way you "carry" yourself

I have been going out dressed in plain feminine clothing (jeans and tops) for almost 2 years now and very rarely has anyone even noticed. When I started I was "worried" about how others would react but after awhile I noticed that nobody seemed to care and so I stopped worrying. People I interact with are usually polite and I've never had any trouble. Some of my tops are more "fem" than others and I sometimes get a second look but that's about all.

IMHO, most people are way too concerned with themselves to worry about others in a casual situation. If you accept yourself and act politely it seems to carry the day.

So far so good,
    Sandra1746

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Felicity,

Unlike what some might think, Utah isn't the barren wasteland of drooling hicks you might think. I have found almost universal respect and even friendship in my few trips in our little valley. I'm not nearly as convincing as you are, so it isn't that they thought I was a woman. I think it is, like others have said, the way you act. If you are furtive and scared, expect their "freak radar" to be fully engaged. If you walk around like you have a right to be there (which incidentally, you do) expect good things.

Kathi

I have come to the conclusion, no one cares. I went out on Monday as a guy wearing a skirt, and got no comments and no second looks I noticed. I even went into several stores and tried things on, I wrote a thread about the two stores I interacted with the Sales Associates other then to say hello and if you need some thing let me know. In one I actually took two skirts and asked if I could try them on and I know she saw I was wearing a skirt and had skirts to try on, she even offered other skirts after I tried them on. And not one bit of disapproval.

wow, thanks for the boost everybody

It is pretty great to be able to go out and about in drag, while presenting as a male. I like the look of wig and makeup too, but it is a huge hassle so I save that for special sessions.

I really hope more people get to experience this! I know it can be extremely difficult to forget about good impressions, but honestly, people who are fake are much less interesting than the ones who show their real self!

Silver Member
    Thanks and good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by wbdavid View Post
    I have come to the conclusion, no one cares. .
    This is the danger that we have to deal with; that so many don't care, we begin to think no one does. I hear it all the time from women who are assaulted, they're surprised when it happens. They've forgotten that they're easy targets when alone in isolated situations. One had merely stopped at a drive through ATM and had forgotten that she had left the passenger door unlocked after she got in the car.
    Yes, go shopping, dining, etc.. But don't leave yourself in isolated situations where there could be a problem.
    Don't forget to be careful.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.